Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Low speed mygig?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 5:23 pm

I am looking into upgrading to a Mygig Nav w/sirius for my '06 Charger but I keep reading about "low speed" what is the difference? Is there a low speed and a high speed and is one better than the other? I would think low speed isnt good but I have no clue. Dumb question maybe but I need to know the answer, lol.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 8:33 pm

maybe they are talking about the speed of the hard drive....Like in computers there are 5.4k 7.2k 10k and 15k drives...The higher the number the faster the drives spin and load information...Since they have hard drives thats what I think they might be talking about , so you music might possibly load faster?

Thats my best shot at it anyways!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 8:35 pm

That makes sense but I found out what it is....its the canbus speeds. Chargers and other LX cars use the low speed and the Nitro and other cars use the high speed. I didnt know they came out with 15k HDs yet. The highest I saw was 10....I gotta look at the 15 when I upgrade cuz i only have 7200 right now.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 8:40 pm

15k drives for the most part are only found in servers....They are SAS drives and are really fucking expensive....Most mission critical servers run either 10k or 15k drives though.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 8:42 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
15k drives for the most part are only found in servers....They are SAS drives and are really fucking expensive....Most mission critical servers run either 10k or 15k drives though.

Ahhhh i got ya. Ill stick with my 7200. Im gonna get me a motha fuckin terabyte mo fo!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 10:55 pm

haha, yeah 7.2 is the way to go for you home users....You won't really notice any difference if you go any faster to be completely honest.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 11:07 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
haha, yeah 7.2 is the way to go for you home users....You won't really notice any difference if you go any faster to be completely honest.

When I built this computer in 04ish maybe 05, whatever, I slapped in 2 WD Raptors in a raid0 config. They run at 10k and are real fast in seek times. Had this beast for a long time and the old pig still keeps up with the latest online games. I used to be one of the fastest players, but now I'm in the middle of the pack. I stuck a P4c 3.2Extreme processor in it. I used to o/c it to 4 ghz., but not anymore. It's too old and runs with less errors at 3.2.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2009, 6:22 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
xegitalian19xx wrote:

When I built this computer in 04ish maybe 05, whatever, I slapped in 2 WD Raptors in a raid0 config. They run at 10k and are real fast in seek times. Had this beast for a long time and the old pig still keeps up with the latest online games. I used to be one of the fastest players, but now I'm in the middle of the pack. I stuck a P4c 3.2Extreme processor in it. I used to o/c it to 4 ghz., but not anymore. It's too old and runs with less errors at 3.2.

Thats a SCSI setup right?
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2009, 5:27 pm

Good then you can practice changing the colors in it hehe
And Joe SCSI is just a type of connection raid does not need SCSI

I think I have a couple 500gb wd drives sitting here somewhere brand new. I got them out of our san when we upgraded at work.
Or you can get a nice 2 tb drive for about 200 less if you go through Anthony Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2009, 5:43 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
xegitalian19xx wrote:

Thats a SCSI setup right?

Scsi drives are more like 15000 rpm these are 10000. Still though they are fast. I stuck in 4 gigs of ram too.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2009, 6:08 pm

Im gonna have to go computer part shopping once I get back to work steady, lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2009, 6:20 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Im gonna have to go computer part shopping once I get back to work steady, lol.

Well with the new gigabyte boards out now would be a perfect time.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 4:38 am

They may be talking about the low speed lockout the cuts most of the nav controlls and the dvd player out while the car is in motion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Low speed mygig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low speed mygig?   Low speed mygig? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low speed mygig?
Page 1 of 1