Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes Empty
PostSubject: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 11:32 am

[img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1139[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1141[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1152[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1149[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1154[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1156[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1155[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1136[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1145[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1159[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1163[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1164[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1167[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1141[/img][img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1143[/img]
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 11:49 am

the following pics are after the repairs were made..keep in mind that the quality of work is still not up to par...i only have a few pics because i was told to stop taking pictures
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 12:05 pm

[img]poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1181[/img]
poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1180
poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1179
poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1178
poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes IMG_1177

Last edited by AlterEgo on November 1st 2009, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed link)
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 12:10 pm

there is still alot of imperfections on this door panel,but i would accept it and fix the bad spots myself...on the arm rest you can see screw heads...around the speaker cavity it's not glued, the vinyl is falling off.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 12:48 pm

like i said... the top suede parts look ok, but ive never seen someone do any other part of the doors well.

there is a guy on the Z that just started making parts for the bottom of the door that look amazing, but they are separate parts that get wrapped and then attached to the door.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 1:34 pm

i don't think it looks bad at all! i think with some tweeking you can get it looking real tight!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 1:48 pm

here are pics of the work i was talking about that one of the new vendors on the Z does...

poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes 1zvai4m

poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes 28cdgmq
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 5:04 pm

Not to jack the thread too much but I've ordered door handle covers, door lever covers, switch plate and gear shift bezel from Scott on the z. They look top quality in pics and I can't wait to get them.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 5:16 pm

has anybody tried doing stuff like this them selves?
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 9:00 pm

looks good jontoad
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 9:15 pm

ghost wrote:
has anybody tried doing stuff like this them selves?
i extracted the speakers so that you can see them, it took along time to get the angle and the exact center of the speaker..but then i made the mistake of taking it to a not so custom shop with over 35 yars of experience to have them cover it, which i did not think was going to be a big deal. they said it would be no problem to cover the panels. professionals in that field should be able cover anything you give them.. has any one ever seen pimp my ride, i understand it's a show and it's not done in one day....shit man these are cars not space shuttles....anything can be done if you put your mind to it and you have the right resources
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 9:28 pm

Jontoad this has to be the most hilarious icon for a user that i have ever seen http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=8
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2009, 11:28 pm

Man, Well I know what you going thru. I had my share of poor work this year. Took me 3 times & having to go to another shop to get it corrected as BEST as possible. On top of it all, I was even OVER charged for the work. But it was completed at No charge by the other shop after seeing the HACK job that was Done!
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 10:38 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:
Man, Well I know what you going thru. I had my share of poor work this year. Took me 3 times & having to go to another shop to get it corrected as BEST as possible. On top of it all, I was even OVER charged for the work. But it was completed at No charge by the other shop after seeing the HACK job that was Done!
MAD HATTER
What was the name of first shop that screwed your car up???? and what was the name of the second shop that corrected what the first shop fucked up, cause i need to get my car fixed man it's making me sick just thinking about the hack job they did on my car Head Bang thumbsdown
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 10:44 pm

My problem was Exhaust work done by a Velasquez Bros shop. I found there was one closer to my house that fixed it all up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes   poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

poor work done by a custom shop before they fixed their mistakes
Page 1 of 1