Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th

Go down 
+22
WideSpicy
liljoejoe54
jontoad
Dartboy
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
Headtripp
HEMI UP
Trophy Girl
Tami
AR-15QUEEN
jesse031081
JacksSRT8
ttruckinon
Moparcharger07
Shawn1112
irishrt5.7
eviltrycycle
kaotik29
Admin
HiPwr
AlterEgo
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:23 am

Black Dog shows SUCK, I will NEVER go to another one again... I'm not gonna WASTE my money at them anymore
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:23 am

Here's some more pictures from the event:

http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/f/firestonespringcharitycarshow_2009photos1.php

Hmmmm, I must have dreamt the whole thing last Sunday.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:28 am

Here's Black Dog's website:

http://www.blackdogcarshows.com/

There is a Contact Us on there that I am going to utilize. I think we should bust them on the overheard "daily driver" comment by the fat-ass pictured lounging in the chair there.

It wasn't much of a show, but if CAMM wouldn't have shown up, the show would have been absolutely pathetic.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:40 am

HiPwr wrote:
Here's Black Dog's website:

http://www.blackdogcarshows.com/

There is a Contact Us on there that I am going to utilize. I think we should bust them on the overheard "daily driver" comment by the fat-ass pictured lounging in the chair there.

It wasn't much of a show, but if CAMM wouldn't have shown up, the show would have been absolutely pathetic.

You got that right. We were literally half the damn show. We took up half of the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
Tami
CAMM Member
Tami

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:53 am

it just goes to show you...they have no taste...only got a point off for engine so the closed hood had nothing to do with it....ugh....but paint 13 points give me a break....what the hell was he looking at the rusted cop car behind me....last black dog show for me....i wouldnt even care if it was to but me some BOOBIES
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:53 am

Here is a link to more pics....

https://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/liljoejoe54/McHenry%20Car%20Show%2010-4-09/
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:04 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Here's some more pictures from the event:

http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/f/firestonespringcharitycarshow_2009photos1.php

Hmmmm, I must have dreamt the whole thing last Sunday.

those are from last year!
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:05 pm

Tami wrote:
it just goes to show you...they have no taste...only got a point off for engine so the closed hood had nothing to do with it....ugh....but paint 13 points give me a break....what the hell was he looking at the rusted cop car behind me....last black dog show for me....i wouldnt even care if it was to but me some BOOBIES

yeah their scoring system was off last year too...ya really wondered what the hell they were looking at!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:13 pm

If anyone does email them try to stay civil at first. If we are going to become more accepted we are going to have to kill them with kindness. Of course if they are jackbutts in their answer to your email then its open season on them.

Thanks again to everyone that came out it was a blast and the three that won were well deserved.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:17 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
If anyone does email them try to stay civil at first. If we are going to become more accepted we are going to have to kill them with kindness. Of course if they are jackbutts in their answer to your email then its open season on them.

Thanks again to everyone that came out it was a blast and the three that won were well deserved.

I agree. It just really bothered me that the judge and the guy running the show would make comments like that in front of people who are having their cars judged. "Only a couple of them were decent". BULLSHIT!
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:20 pm

lol maybe next year ....get like 60 of us to show WAY early and take over the WHOLE lots...and then all other cars have to park on that side street!!!

you are right crystal, the 3 that did win are WELL DESERVING...

but some of the clunkers that they gave to arent...or like the couple cars last year that were filthy...and not well maintained, but got trophies Mad Jerk Off thumbsdown !!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:21 pm

Yeah I am putting together an email to let them know that the judges comments were overhead and that was not appreciated one bit. How they judge is on them but having the judge running his mouth where people can hear him is not cool at all.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:25 pm

I hope you make mention of the fact that it was CAMM's presense that made their car show a "success", Crystal.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:27 pm

HiPwr wrote:
I hope you make mention of the fact that it was CAMM's presense that made their car show a "success", Crystal.

And that the judges wife is a daily driver....
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:33 pm

I didn't take any jabs at them. This is what I sent:

To whom it may concern,

Our Charger group took place in the Firestone Show on Sunday October 4th. I wanted to share with you a comment that was overheard by several members of our group. The judge of the show stated that the last row of cars he looked at did not have that many nice cars in it until he got back down to the Mustangs. He was referring to the 12 Chargers, Challengers, and Magnums that came together. He stated that there were some nice ones but he could tell they were daily drivers. He was correct, most of those cars were daily drivers and we are proud of our cars. I am not sending this email to criticize the judging process, three of our well deserving members won trophies. My issue is a judge criticizing cars entered in the show in a public place where obviously their owners can hear. Car shows are about showing off your ride, showing how much time, sweat, and work you put into it. This is just something I wanted to bring to someone’s attention. We all had a great time at the show and would really like to attend more Black Dog shows in the future, we are up to almost 200 members in our club now so any chance we get to show them off we would love to take. If you would like to contact me I have included my email address and my cell phone number. Thank you in advance for you time and for reading my comments.

Crystal Taylor

Hopefully that was ok. I am not really good at getting my thoughts down on paper. Will see if I get a response and if I don't feel it was appropriate I will point out that we were half the cars at the show and that other daily drivers won and a few other things I noticed and that were brought to my attention.

Off to work behave boys. Smile
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:33 pm

Oh and if I ever see that judge again I am kicking the shit out of him for touching crap under Joey's hood and slamming my GD doors.

Asshat.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:34 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

And that the judges wife is a daily driver....

LMFAO!!!! I hurt from laughing so hard yesterday!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tami
CAMM Member
Tami

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:52 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:

dont think we can do anything for them to accept us....dont think a email will change how they feel about our beautiful" Daily Drivers"....but hey maybe they will get new judges instead of ignorant snobs.,..and guys i had a blast with your asses....
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 1:42 pm

Well between taking off 7 pts. on Tami's paint and 2 off on my paint it's a farce! He took off 1 pt on my interior also and it was immaculate. I have some water spots that won't come off in my engine compartment, but it was detailed out nice and clean--- took off 1pt. there. I can understand that. -2 pts. for tires and wheels they were cleaned and I don't use tire dressing. The tires were clean. I guess if you don't put on the dressing you get a deduct.

I should've had a total of -3 pts., but like everyone else the judge jobbed us. If they can't judge honestly, then why do people put up with it at all? I don't have to win a trophy, I am not saying that. I just don't like getting fucked. That goes for everyone else as well. I still had a great time hanging out with everyone. I don't know about these "car shows" now. Next time maybe I'll just hand the judge some pics of when I spent several hours making it perfect and save the trouble of getting ass fucked.

I did have one great idea for a way to get revenge on these fuckheads for next year. Have even MORE of CAMM attend (take up as much room as possible) and show up with filthy rides. Mickey D's wrappers all over the interior, shit all over the trunk. Just line 'em up all trashed out.
Back to top Go down
Tami
CAMM Member
Tami

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 1:46 pm

I did have one great idea for a way to get revenge on these fuckheads for next year. Have even MORE of CAMM attend (take up as much room as possible) and show up with filthy rides. Mickey D's wrappers all over the interior, shit all over the trunk. Just line 'em up all trashed out.[/quote]

love it....or will just drive up there take up there parking and hand out our own throphys
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 1:53 pm

Yeah Crystal, I think that email is pretty damn good. I did like the show, just not the judging. My paint isnt perfect either, I have a few scratches so I understand taking off a point or 2 for that. But I dont understand how my engine bay got 3 or 4 points deducted from it and how my overall score was 83. Just like the tootsie pop.... the world may never know, lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 1:56 pm

They just called my cell and left a message but I am in meetings for the next four hours so don't know what the outcome was. Trying to check to see if they sent me an email also.

Cell phones rule.
Back to top Go down
Tami
CAMM Member
Tami

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 1:58 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
They just called my cell and left a message but I am in meetings for the next four hours so don't know what the outcome was. Trying to check to see if they sent me an email also.

Cell phones rule.

dam...cant wait to see what there outcome is about that
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 2:02 pm

Tami wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

Cell phones rule.

dam...cant wait to see what there outcome is about that

Yeah, that's just a tease, Crystal!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 2:12 pm

ding ding ding ding---ding ding ding Popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next