Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th

Go down 
+22
WideSpicy
liljoejoe54
jontoad
Dartboy
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
Headtripp
HEMI UP
Trophy Girl
Tami
AR-15QUEEN
jesse031081
JacksSRT8
ttruckinon
Moparcharger07
Shawn1112
irishrt5.7
eviltrycycle
kaotik29
Admin
HiPwr
AlterEgo
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Tami
CAMM Member
Tami

McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 7:13 pm

chargerchick wrote:
Tami wrote:
ugh i got 83....lowest score the paint....dam....i dont care about the thropys myself....but a 13 on my paint is what really kills me...but overall i had a blast

That just floors me. Your paint job is amazing. I just don't get it. scratch

thanks chargerchick.....like i said i think they didnt like that i brought the only Mexican there lol
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 7:19 pm

That's twice that you brought up that your husband is Mexican. Who gives a shit that he is Mexican.
Back to top Go down
Tami
CAMM Member
Tami

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 7:36 pm

HiPwr wrote:
That's twice that you brought up that your husband is Mexican. Who gives a shit that he is Mexican.

lol i give 2 shits its was a joke as to why i scored such low points on paint...i was just making a referral as to maybe thats why the judge gave me such low score on my paint...
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 7:38 pm

I think more CAMM members would have won if this Norwegian-Scotch Florida Cracker weren't there.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 7:41 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 8:37 pm

Well, not to worry y'all. I was talking to Rick the manager of Firestone and he thinks that this was his last show. HOWEVER, there are always alot of Black Dog shows during the summer, god knows why people go, but he does alot of them.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 8:42 pm

I'm just glad I won a free oil change! God knows my broke ass can't afford one! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 8:49 pm

it was a lot of fun except for the cold, we had a great turn out and it was nice to meet some members that I hadn't before and nice to see everyone else again! Way to rally Adam I know it wasnt easy for you
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 8:56 pm

you know i don't go to any show to win a trophy, i go to hang with you guys. my car wasn't even washed when i showed up to Vic's. it was dusty and had rain spots all over it, i scrambled to wash/wax it and get it ready. sure it was a pleasant surprise but its just a piece of plastic. i know you guys had fun despite the trophy debacle.

one thing i learned long ago in the show awards is just like in everything there are politics. who you know matters when it shouldn't and half the cars that deserve credit never get it. when its a participant judged event the biggest groups always get the most trophy's due to voting in numbers. "pro" judged ones still have the same politics just on more of a corrupt judge style. our group was the outsiders in this show and i new we wouldn't get the recognition we deserve but it is what it is.

i have found its always better to go to shows with low expectations and get surprised then to ever think your number is going to get called.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 8:58 pm

AR-15QUEEN wrote:
I'm just glad I won a free oil change! God knows my broke ass can't afford one! LOL!!!

that was awesome. thats better than a trophy, oil changes on our cars are freakin expensive.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:05 pm

2nd what Jon said. I don't go to win I go to be around people that are fun and love their cars like I love mine. And I know me calling out the judge on his opinion of our cars is not going to change a thing at these shows but at least they will know that we are serious and want to be taken seriously at these things.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:07 pm

This was by far the most fun (funnest?) show I think I went to all year. I think we all laughed all day long.....

No matter who gets what and how much of a dickhead the judges are, it was so worth going because of all of you . . . . . Love
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:08 pm

Right, Crystal, the point isn't how the cars were judged; that's pretty subjective and an argument not worth having. The point is the guy was unprofessional and direspectful to what are basically their customers.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:20 pm

Exactly Eric. That is the only point I will be trying to get across to them and honestly if that happened at ANY business you were a patron of it would not be tolerated. Unfortunately if they do not really seem that concerned then I will be taking my business elsewhere, plain and simple.

The judges and people that put together the Hickory Hills show I went to a month or two ago were seriously the nicest I think from the whole year. Everyone was happy to be there, they welcomed any cars, and didn't look down on anyone. One of the judges spent a long as time talking to Matt about his car and sincerely thanked him for bringing the car out. It was a newer show but I have a feeling it will be around for a while if they keep running it like that.

Off my soapbox now...

Last edited by eviltrycycle on October 5th 2009, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:22 pm

I have something here for that judge:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/whatever Finger
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:58 pm

I tried making the panorama pic a little bigger. Lets see if it worked.....
McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 CAMMPanorama2

......son of a bitch!
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 10:02 pm

its still a great shot
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 10:08 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
its still a great shot

Thanks. I doubled the size of it but I guess photobucket keeps it small.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 10:10 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I have something here for that judge:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/whatever Finger

LMFAO!!!!!! Whatever!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 10:25 pm

That's a great shot Joey! I don't see anything wrong with it! Smile
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2009, 12:20 pm

Just got off the phone with Phil from Black Dog and I would like to say thank you to him for taking the time to talk to me.

He said to tell you guys that he is extremely sorry for what the judge said and that he does not reflect his opinion. Unforuntely they were short judges last weekend and he had to use someone he had not before. He said that he extremely appreciated us coming out and was thrilled to see all our cars together. He could tell that we were a fun group and for us the show was about having fun not winning. He said that any feedback would be appreciated, he would rather get that then have us pissed at him and just stop comming.

He seemed very apologetic and sincere and really hopes to see us at future shows. I know I will be willing to give their shows another shot. So I am done talking about the "Cobalt show." Let's move on, prepare for the next one, get CAMM's name out there and continue having fun.

HUG IT OUT BITCHES!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2009, 12:41 pm

I suspect his story about being short judges is BS because the offending judge is actually pictured on their website. However, I give him credit for following up and recognizing CAMM's contribution to his show(s). It sounds like he was contrite, so I think we should move on.

And for the next Black Dog show, we can all bring zip-ties for our grills. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2009, 2:41 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Just got off the phone with Phil from Black Dog and I would like to say thank you to him for taking the time to talk to me.

He said to tell you guys that he is extremely sorry for what the judge said and that he does not reflect his opinion. Unforuntely they were short judges last weekend and he had to use someone he had not before. He said that he extremely appreciated us coming out and was thrilled to see all our cars together. He could tell that we were a fun group and for us the show was about having fun not winning. He said that any feedback would be appreciated, he would rather get that then have us pissed at him and just stop comming.

He seemed very apologetic and sincere and really hopes to see us at future shows. I know I will be willing to give their shows another shot. So I am done talking about the "Cobalt show." Let's move on, prepare for the next one, get CAMM's name out there and continue having fun.

HUG IT OUT BITCHES!

Soooo, your giving up-----Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Come on---- Who's with me? Uri
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2009, 5:27 pm

Why do I bother.......
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2009, 5:32 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

HUG IT OUT BITCHES!

Soooo, your giving up-----Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Come on---- Who's with me? Uri

Germans???? Pearl Harbor???? Did u miss history class?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th   McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show  Oct 4th - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McHenry Firestone Fall Charity Car Show Oct 4th
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next