Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Lantern Charger

Go down 
+6
Shawn1112
pebbles
AlterEgo
ghost
Admin
Hoodie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

Blue Lantern Charger Empty
PostSubject: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 4:40 pm

How's it going everyone..

I've talked to a few of you on the Z or the other chargerforum.. I'll be moving to the Chicago area by the end of the year.. I figured I might as well sign up and see what's going on before I get up there..

A little about me:
I'm in the NAVY so I will be up in Great Lakes for about 3 years.. I'll be teaching Small Arms (9mm and 12GA) to the new recruits going through boot camp.. Right now, I'm in Norfolk onboard the USS Bataan deployed to the middle east.. I'm supposed to be leaving early in October and then I start schooling and then headed up that way in December/January timeframe..

A little about my charger experience:
I originally bought a Midnight Blue 2006 Charger SE on July 4th, 2006.. I loved the car and everything about it.. I started modding it out by adding things like hood struts, demolding, Airaid CAI, Borla Cat-Back, 20% Tint, script Charger emblems.. I was happy with it and had a whole plan of mods for the car.. The one thing that I vowed never to do was to drive a HEMI as if I did, I was sure that I would want one..

May of 2008 rolls around and I'm getting the ITCH.. I go and test-drive one and know that I can't leave without it.. So as of May 30th, 2008 I became part of the upgrade club and brough home a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T..

A little about my vision for the car:
When I was little, I was into the comic books, with Green Lantern being one of my favorite.. I've recently got back into them and there is a new story arc that involves the full spectrum of colors and emotions.. With my car being blue, I've decided to do a Blue Lantern Charger.. I have gone back and forth with myself on this decision even as far as installing and then removing Visor Disguisers with the symbol and words on them.. I've decided that I am doing this again, just don't want to overdo it.. I know that most people may not get the whole theme BUT it'll be a topic of conversation and it's something that's unique..

My Mod List:
Demolded
Hood Struts
Door Lock O-Rings
20% Tint
Stubby Antenna
OEM Strut Covers
OEM PCM Cover
Oracle Blue Interior Lights
Oracle White Vanity Lights
Color Matched SRT Style Spoiler

Some things I plan on before I get back:
Oracle Blue Bling Ringz (Triple Headlight & Fogs) << ORDERED
Mopower Shaker Sealed System w/Honeycomb
Mopower '69 Cuda Style Grille w/Honeycomb
Mopower Lower Grille w/Honeycomb
Mopower Front Spoiler
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 4:47 pm

Welcome to CAMM! Thank you for your service to our country and it's nice to have you aboard our lil' forum.

Shawn1112 has those bling rings.. Pretty nice mod that gets him a ton of compliments. They should look pretty sweet on the Steel Blue, I think..
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 4:51 pm

Thanks man.. I hope that I'll be able to scrounge together the funds for you to do an Inertia Cam/Heads install for me while I'm up there.. Otherwise I might have to schedule one of those install parties where you fly out to wherever my next duty station is..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 4:55 pm

No problem, bud.. Cool
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 5:25 pm

welcome to the site bro! thank you for your service!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 6:37 pm

Welcome to CAMM! No one has to get your theme but you! That's what's so great about it. As long as you get it, who cares what we think! I can't wait to see pics!

Be safe, hopefully we will be meeting up with you sometime.
Back to top Go down
pebbles
CAMM Member
pebbles

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 9:49 pm

Welcome to the CAMM site. We'll see ya soon (and be careful out there!!)
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 10:15 pm

welcome to camm bro!
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 10:31 pm

ghost wrote:
welcome to the site bro! thank you for your service!

Thanks for the welcome..

AlterEgo wrote:
Welcome to CAMM! No one has to get your theme but you! That's what's so great about it. As long as you get it, who cares what we think! I can't wait to see pics!

Be safe, hopefully we will be meeting up with you sometime.

True that.. That's what I was told when I've been throwing it around between those that I've talked about it with..

I definitely plan on making meets with you guys next year..

pebbles wrote:
Welcome to the CAMM site. We'll see ya soon (and be careful out there!!)

Thanks for the welcome.. Being on the ship, I'm pretty safe.. Not getting shot at nightly at least..

Shawn1112 wrote:
welcome to camm bro!

Thanks Shawn.. BTW your car has me debating on the shaker setup I had my heart set on or the VFN Chally hood.. I still can't decide.. Might have to wait to see it in person..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 10:32 pm

VFN hoods are top notch, but then, so is MoPower's shaker kit... That's a hard choice right there..
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 10:42 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
VFN hoods are top notch, but then, so is MoPower's shaker kit... That's a hard choice right there..

Exactly my point.. I've seen pics of both and love them both.. I think the shaker is definitely something old school style but the VFN is different and gives the charger a completely different look altogether.. This may take a while..
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 12:27 am

Welcome to CAMM and thank you for your service! Smile
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 12:39 am

Welcome Hoodie. I moved here 4 years ago from VA Beach. Will be nice to have another east coaster around!
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 3:05 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Welcome Hoodie. I moved here 4 years ag
o from VA Beach. Will be nice to have anothe east coaster around!

I actually live in Va Beach, just am stationed in Norfolk.. Drive that 20 minutes a day.. 40 with traffic..
Back to top Go down
sak9880
CAMM Member
sak9880

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 10:42 pm

welcome to the camm, where abouts do think your moving to?
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 10:48 pm

The base is in North Chicago, right by Gurnee.. I'm wanting to stay kinda close to that area.. I'm willing to travel about 30 minutes a day to work if the place is the right price though.. I'm just now starting to look at prices around the area..
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 5:49 pm

Welcome to CAMM ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lantern Charger   Blue Lantern Charger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Lantern Charger
Page 1 of 1