Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rim Painting...............

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Rim Painting............... Empty
PostSubject: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 9:15 pm

Does anyone know of a shop that can paint or powder coat rims. I am thinking of having my rims done, I want to keep the chrome lip and paint the face of the rim. I have heard that its really hard to do it over chrome, so thats why I would like to find a shop that does this work.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 10:48 pm

x2...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 7:53 am

I know that somebody makes a special "primer" type stuff for chrome, I just saw it the other day on Hot Rod TV on Spike,,,,, I forgot the name of it, bit it does work from what I saw.. So it IS possible. I know a guy, the guy who painted my hood. He's pretty good as well. Works for Gerber up here near Grayslake, name is Bill
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 8:28 am

I have heard nothing but good things at Wheels America here in Arlington Heights.Check out they're website.This is where I'm taking mine to get painted 2tone

http://www.wheelsamerica.com/index.php?page=main
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 3:06 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
I have heard nothing but good things at Wheels America here in Arlington Heights.Check out they're website.This is where I'm taking mine to get painted 2tone

http://www.wheelsamerica.com/index.php?page=main
Have you gotten a quote from them?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 3:58 pm

Ivan, you want to take a ride up there Saturday? I just called and they charge roughly $200 a rim to take the chrome off and 2-tone the rims. The best part is you get a lifetime warranty on their work!
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 4:05 pm

hey shawn did they give a price for single color? im thinking about black
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 4:31 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Ivan, you want to take a ride up there Saturday? I just called and they charge roughly $200 a rim to take the chrome off and 2-tone the rims. The best part is you get a lifetime warranty on their work!

dam thats not bad at all!!!!What time Saturday you going???
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 10:10 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
hey shawn did they give a price for single color? im thinking about black
No, this was just a ball park figure with out seeing the rims, and it was a price for 22's. The guy said he has to see the rims and what kind of condition they are in, it could be a little more or a little less.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 10:10 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

dam thats not bad at all!!!!What time Saturday you going???
I have to check what time my sons game is, I will probably go early 9ish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rim Painting...............   Rim Painting............... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rim Painting...............
Page 1 of 1