Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting and Widening My Rims

Go down 
+3
Shawn1112
xegitalian19xx
DamnSTR8
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Painting and Widening My Rims Empty
PostSubject: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 1:19 pm

I think instead of buying new wheels which might not look good...im just gonna get my rear wheels widened to 10" andim gonna get a black/polish look to it...almost like the Superbee style wheels...and thanks to Anthony im contacting Wheels America to get a price..so hopefully i can get this done soon!!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 2:42 pm

That would look sweet! Kinda wishin I had my old look back on my rims, but they can't handle the winter Sad
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 4:43 pm

They can widen your rims?
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 5:11 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
They can widen your rims?

i was wondering the same thing!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 5:33 pm

I want to go with a staggered set-up so much that I have been looking at new rims!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 6:45 pm

The wheels America does them but they have to send them out from what I understand...I'm sure they would let you know with a phone call to them....
http://www.wheelsamerica.com/index.php?page=widening
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 7:00 pm

Just remember that widening wheels only adds material to the inboard side of a wheel (increases backspace). You will have to run a spacer to clear the inner fender and sway bar, unlike a proper offset wheel.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 7:31 pm

Well I just wanna widen the rears so I can put on 295s...is that still ok?
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 10:38 pm

from what i heard from jontoad is that putting spacers on is not safe because it adds stress on the lugs or something im sure he will tell you. i wanted to put spacers on my fronts because they sit in further than my rear 295 30 22 but i dont think i will because of what he said!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 12:07 am

DamnSTR8 wrote:
Well I just wanna widen the rears so I can put on 295s...is that still ok?

if all you want is a 295 just slap em on the ones you have... you only have to widen the SRT rims to 10in if you go 305 or 315
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 1:24 am

i cant find any 295s to fit a 9" rim....all of them say they need a minimum of 10 "
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 2:10 am

DamnSTR8 wrote:
i cant find any 295s to fit a 9" rim....all of them say they need a minimum of 10 "

they fit
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 8:34 am

will a 295 fit on a chrome clad??? if so i know what i am doing next time....
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 8:53 pm

Wheels America does GREAT work. We used to use them ALL the time at the old shop, and as a matter of fact, they are the ones who straightened the Vipers I sold to Tom as well
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 11:03 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
will a 295 fit on a chrome clad??? if so i know what i am doing next time....

no. chrome clads are not as wide as SRT wheels.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 8:42 pm

what size are chrome clads???
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 8:45 pm

8.5" ...Srt's are 9 from what I remember...
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 8:44 am

jontoad wrote:
DamnSTR8 wrote:

they fit

So why do they post the suggested rim widths for the tires i.e (9.5 (10) 10.5) if it doesn't matter then?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 8:51 pm

DamnSTR8 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
DamnSTR8 wrote:

they fit

So why do they post the suggested rim widths for the tires i.e (9.5 (10) 10.5) if it doesn't matter then?

short answer... liability reasons. fitments guides play it safe. too safe. the fitments guides at my work sure don't say i can put a 315 on the rear of my car but i did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting and Widening My Rims   Painting and Widening My Rims I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting and Widening My Rims
Page 1 of 1