Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting Calipers

Go down 
+8
Moparcharger07
Yuro
chicagovich
SRTMag
GSB06SRT
jamesv82
ChicagoSRT8
MsScarlett
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 8:38 pm

I found this company G2 USA on the internet and lucky me they are here in Mundelein.  They manufacture caliper paint and will do color matching if I want the caliper's to match my car.  Has anyone used them and how did it turn out?

Also, looking for opinions...should I color match the red or do white to match the stripes?  Do you think the white would show up well behind the wheels or just get lost?

I appreciate your thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 8:46 pm

Can u share a pic on this post...
(I'm on my phone and can't seem to find any)
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 8:51 pm

Picture of my car or the product?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 9:58 pm

with your chrome wheels I would do the red

you can add lettering in white if you want, SXT or WINGS to match your plates
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 10:12 pm

Thanks James...cool idea. Didn't think of lettering.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 11:27 pm

Im going with james. Color match red. I meant your car cuz I couldnt see your car, but now I can.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 11:46 pm

I'd stay away from white on calipers, gonna be black after a few months from brake dust..or at the very least dirty looking.
Back to top Go down
SRTMag
CAMM Member
SRTMag

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 12:20 am

I think red would look better than white. I used the Duplicolor caliper paint in red on the wifes Charger and they turned out great. Nice smooth durable finish, and the brake dust cleans off easy. I'm probably going to redo my Brembo's with the same paint, but those will need sanding because the clear coat is starting to come off.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 1:18 am

SRTMag wrote:
I think red would look better than white. I used the Duplicolor caliper paint in red on the wifes Charger and they turned out great. Nice smooth durable finish, and the brake dust cleans off easy. I'm probably going to redo my Brembo's with the same paint, but those will need sanding because the clear coat is starting to come off.
Same what I used when I rebuilt mine, used a scuff pad. http://www.amazon.com/Mirka-Mirlon-Scuff-Pads-ultra/dp/B0015MTC3I
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 10:31 am

jamesv82 wrote:
with your chrome wheels I would do the red

you can add lettering in white if you want, SXT or WINGS to match your plates
Great idea; I'm with the group on going with red.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 11:16 am

Thanks to everyone for all your ideas and input.  Red was and is my first choice, but started second guessing myself thinking it would be too much red.  I'm excited to do this...will be contacting G2 this week.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 11:28 am

I was informed by a buddy of mine that you will be able to find your specific paint at the auto store. find your paint code on the drivers side door and match it with the paint cans at the local store and see if you have to go thru ordering or not. just another option you have.
you can also call up the closest dealership and they carry paint matched touch up paint that they use. about 10-15 bux a can. also another option.
let us know your outcome!
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 11:38 am

Thanks...that's another option.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 2:30 pm

There is also the MGP caliper covers as well. I had them on my old charger, looked good, covered the calipers completely and very rarely got dirty, they come in red, silver and black, but can also be painted too.

I'd recomend those, then paint them the color you want, a much cleaner look, and easier to clean than getting in there and cleaning the calipers. Adnd gives it a "big brake" look

Here's some pics of mine on my old Charger
Painting Calipers 101_0127
Painting Calipers 101_0128
Painting Calipers 101_0137

Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 3:02 pm

Ahhh u juat wanted to show off! Man those are great pics, nice car!
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 4:22 pm

Thanks Adam.  You and I had talked about those before, but when I looked at them I didn't like the red color they came in.  So, I just researched them again and found that I can order them custom colored to the car with the Challenger script.  Awesome!  

Also, saw Tom C's tank on Friday and it looks great...when you have time I would like to have mine painted also, but there's no rush.  

Thanks again for responding to my post.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2013, 7:25 pm

Thanks.... yeah I miss that car.

But yeah, I can do some painting for ya no problem. But just another option for the covers,
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2013, 8:30 am

Painting the calipers really make the wheel standout. Go with red! Painting mine while an after thought was the mod where i have had the most compliments
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2013, 11:24 am

When you do the calipers you might want to paint the hubs also. I was very pleased with how it looks on The Lady.

Painting Calipers TheLadysNewShoes005
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2013, 1:00 pm

G2 paint works great, my friend has a blown Jeep SRT and drives it hard. The calipers are a bright metallic green with white decals, no discoloration of the paint or stickers.
As for using factory paint, it'll work but not sure if it would hold up to the heat. It might discolor over time.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2013, 4:12 pm

Tom C wrote:
Painting the calipers really make the wheel standout.  Go with red!  Painting mine while an after thought was the mod where i have had the most compliments
PC your rims black for maximum carnage Twisted Evil 

Painting Calipers 035a

ekaz wrote:
G2 paint works great, my friend has a blown Jeep SRT and drives it hard. The calipers are a bright metallic green with white decals, no discoloration of the paint or stickers.
As for using factory paint, it'll work but not sure if it would hold up to the heat. It might discolor over time.
When I redid mine (pic above) I had a black decal made out of heat resistant material. So x2 on this suggestion.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2013, 4:45 pm

Thanks again for all your ideas and input. Still deciding whether to paint or get the MGP covers that they will color match. Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2013, 5:26 pm

ekaz wrote:
Who is that Chode? Not a typo that's what I call the homo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Painting Calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Calipers   Painting Calipers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting Calipers
Page 1 of 1