Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tpms sensor???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
branden123
CAMM Member
branden123

tpms sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: tpms sensor???   tpms sensor??? I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2014, 10:38 pm

When getting new rims do you need to get the tpms sensors? Can you pull a fuse and get rid of them? Thanks
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

tpms sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tpms sensor???   tpms sensor??? I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2014, 11:26 pm

you can transfer the ones from your current wheels if you have rebuild kits with new crush washers and seals to install on the sensors. the rebuild kits usually run around 5 to 9 bux a sensor depending on the style.

it is a federal mandated system kinda like catalytic converters and can not be shut off or dismantled or the shop who does it can get a $10,000 dollar fine. there is no fuse you can pull to do it, it is programmed into the PCM.

so your either going to live with the light, buy new sensors, or transfer the ones over from the wheels you already have.

if you do buy sensors. do not buy Dorman brand sensors. they suck and cause nothing but problems on our cars. people always buy them cause they are cheap off rock auto or wherever.
Back to top Go down
branden123
CAMM Member
branden123

tpms sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tpms sensor???   tpms sensor??? I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2014, 11:37 pm

I getting rims and tire package from wheelrackonline.com. sensors are $190 for 4. Should I ask what kind of sensor they are before I buy them?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

tpms sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tpms sensor???   tpms sensor??? I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2014, 11:55 pm

i would ask for what brand they are, yea.
Back to top Go down
SRTMag
CAMM Member
SRTMag

tpms sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tpms sensor???   tpms sensor??? I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2014, 10:25 pm

I will agree on the Dorman sensors. I had to replace the two fronts on my Magnum and I constantly get the check tire monitor system message. All the pressures are good, but still getting the message. I put all four Dorman sensors in my wife's Daytona, and never had an issue. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tpms sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tpms sensor???   tpms sensor??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tpms sensor???
Page 1 of 1