Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage Empty
PostSubject: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 4:12 pm

just returned from a trip to San Antonio and on the way down I got both of these codes. Cleared them with my predator and they didn't come back until two days before I left to come home. Now I can clear them and drive and they will never show up until I shut the car off again. I checked all the connectors before I left and did not notice anything out of the ordinary. All 02 sensors are new when I did my Kook LT header install. Any idea what I need to do?
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 5:17 pm

car running good?
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 5:38 pm

Has had the occasional rough idle but other than that running great.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 6:00 pm

Exhaust leak at the headers????? Did you ever re tourqe the headers, i know your supposed to after xxxxx amount of miles.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 6:23 pm

Yes I did re torque them
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 9:06 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Yes I did re torque them
What gaskets did you use, I hope Oem gaskets. The ones they give you with the headers are horse shit!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 9:12 pm

Yup used oem gaskets.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 2:17 pm

Rechecked the connections today and still getting code.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 5:45 pm

it could be a dirty sensor or possibly a worn wire. I believe the o2 sensors work through a resistance circuit, where the computer measures the voltage coming back from the sensor instead of what the sensor resistance actually is. I hope that makes sense. Either way, if you want to investigate it yourself, id start doing some voltage and resistance checks of the sensor and the wires going to it.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 5:55 pm

I don't have anything to check the voltage out on them.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 6:04 pm

know anyone with a Digital Multimeter? Maybe an electrician buddy or something of the sorts? If not, you can pick one up at your local radio shack for probably 20-30 bux that will do most of the functions youd need to diagnose electrical problems. If you decide to go out and get a DMM, you gotta make sure it will measure DC voltage up to at least 20vdc (some meters only go up to 12vdc, while a running car is actually 14.7v)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage   Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Cat 02 sensor low voltage
Page 1 of 1