Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

exhaust question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PLUM CRAZY
CAMM Member
PLUM CRAZY

exhaust question Empty
PostSubject: exhaust question   exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 10:22 am

There is a used cat back system listed on Milwaukee Craigslist in West Allis that says its Magnaflow but it doesnt have resonators on the back. I have never seen a system like this, do you think its Magnaflow and it says make a reasonable offer. Anybody ever seen a system like this and how much should I offer?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

exhaust question Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhaust question   exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 10:59 am

Some people eliminate the resos to give it a louder/deeper sound. Magnaflow isnt a very loud exhaust to begin with, I had it on my Charger. Does sound really good when you open her up though. With the resos there is really no drone, not sure without them. As far as what you should offer, get more info and pics, how old is it, how many miles are on it, do they have the resos in case you want them?? That system with the resos goes for around $1000 new if I remember correctly
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

exhaust question Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhaust question   exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 3:30 pm

I have Tom's old magnaflow with rear resonators and it droans a lot. It used to be only between 1300 and 1450 rpm, but since the camshaft swap it's just about all the time under 2k rpm. I know he almost gave it to me, but I don't remember the price, maybe 400. Shoot him a low ball offer and see if they bite. It has a really deep rumble, but I'm not going to be sneaking up on anyone with it.

bill.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

exhaust question Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhaust question   exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 6:34 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I have Tom's old magnaflow with rear resonators and it droans a lot. It used to be only between 1300 and 1450 rpm, but since the camshaft swap it's just about all the time under 2k rpm. I know he almost gave it to me, but I don't remember the price, maybe 400. Shoot him a low ball offer and see if they bite. It has a really deep rumble, but I'm not going to be sneaking up on anyone with it.

bill.
6.1 vs 5.7, even with headers mine wasnt that loud and had no drone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

exhaust question Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhaust question   exhaust question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

exhaust question
Page 1 of 1