Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

exhaust question???

Go down 
+3
HiPwr
liljoejoe54
Rudedog74
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

exhaust question??? Empty
PostSubject: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 10:05 am

Ok so I'm sure some of you remember when I did the muffler delete on my Cali, well after many months I have determined that the "Drone" in 6th gear on the highway is driving me nuts.... Someone mentioned adding a "Resonator" inline with the exhaust
only I don't know where to get one and or where to install it???
I know sad right? but I know electronics not engines LOL
So any ideas would be great Smile
Rudy
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 10:16 am

Try seeing if someone on a Caliber forum took theirs off and see if you can have their old resonator. Im not exactly sure of location but most resonators are near the end of the exhaust towards the back of the car. If you have a "Y" pipe making dual exhaust, you can probably put the reso just before the "Y". You might want to look into getting a small aftermarket resonator if you cant find an OEM one just make sure its the same size diameter as your current piping.
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 10:20 am

I don't recall my car having a resonator unless that is another term for muffler???
I had the muffler delete done because even though it was the "srt" exhaust it still weighed like 50lbs
not like I haven't added that much and then some in stero equipment LOL

So I guess aftermarket????
but where do I go?
help me O B 1 Kajoey
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 10:29 am

So you are just running straight pipes then without any mufflers? You first have to see what the size of the piping is and then look under your car and see the configuration of the exhaust to let you know what side of the muffler the inlet/outlet have to be on and also check the length and width of where the OEM muffler was to see what size muffler you can get that will fit. After you figure out that, you can buy a new muffler pretty much anywhere. Summitracing.com is where I bought my flowmasters but im not sure what brand you want. You can also take it to a muffler shop and they usually will measure the stuff for you for free just tell them you want a quote on putting a muffler on your car and they will have no choice but to check the exhaust.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 10:29 am

Rudedog74 wrote:
. . . help me O B 1 Kajoey

I think you have a new nickname, Joey!

How about resonated tips? If he can get the correct diameter, can't he just take them to a muffler shop and have them welded in place?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 12:33 pm

when I had my Neon R/T I bought a lot from Modern Performance

here are some resonators that will fit your car

http://www.modernperformance.com/vibrant-stainless-steel-resonator-p-1256.html

or a performance muffler'

http://www.modernperformance.com/dual-exit-rear-muffler-caliber-srt4-p-1819.html
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 2:15 pm

Thanks guys I like the dual exhaust muffler I think that would look cool
I always wondered why the neon srt had duals and the cali srt had single...
I think duals look way better imo
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 2:22 am

Yo fellas, I was browsing on CL, and found some dude selling a cat-back for 5.7 challenger will this fit for my 3.5 Charger?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 4:27 pm

the 3.5,5.7,and 6.1 all have different exhaust ....if you need a place i have one that's fair in price located in villa park.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 8:15 pm

If I'm not mistaken the Challenger exhaust are slightly shorter do you might need some extension welded. I'm not 100% sure ....
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 9:32 pm

the 3.5,5.7,and 6.1 all have different exhaust ....if you need a place i have one that's fair in price located in villa park.

yeah I heard people was doing 6.1 dual on the v6. So I will wait till some sells one on CL.
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 9:34 pm

If I'm not mistaken the Challenger exhaust are slightly shorter do you might need some extension welded. I'm not 100% sure ....

thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure some one will have the dual for sale on CL when I am not really looking for it.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 9:37 pm

When I first got my exhaust for my car I wasn't happy cause I heard alot of clancking and felt alot of back pressure. And the reason was they made a mistake and put on the 6.1 exhaust
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 9:50 pm

When I first got my exhaust for my car I wasn't happy cause I heard alot of clancking and felt alot of back pressure. And the reason was they made a mistake and put on the 6.1 exhaust

so you don't recomment the 6.1 or the 5.7 then?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:04 pm

In my opinion I would just get a Magna flow made for your 3.5 ,...
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:11 pm

In my opinion I would just get a Magna flow made for your 3.5 ,...

humm, going that route is the proper way, are they expensive?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:16 pm

I'd say 300-400..
.but this is all just my opinion ....ask fidostudio on here what his set up is .or try Adam on here too
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:18 pm

Adams screen name is moparcharger 06
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:24 pm

yeah Adam mention he had Bob blasting duals on his.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:27 pm

Look into slp too.I did the cat-back magnaflow sounds great....I also love the cai gasping in the air sounds mean at the light
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:29 pm

and for the CAI should I just get the Ebay ones or $300 Mopar brand? Shouldn't it works the same?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:31 pm

Have you looked on Lx forums for deals on parts ....like cold air intakes?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:32 pm

I stuck with k&n...I hear airraid makes agood one also frankintake,mopar....a good site to go on is carid.com

Last edited by inkedup on December 20th 2011, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:33 pm

Ive seen k& n on lx for like150 .
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 10:33 pm

I'm on it now, thnx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exhaust question???   exhaust question??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

exhaust question???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to: