Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My turn for an exhaust question.

Go down 
+9
moros323
Razor
Headtripp
irishrt5.7
jontoad
stairman
jesse031081
Shawn1112
firestartr420
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

My turn for an exhaust question.   Empty
PostSubject: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 6:02 pm

alright, so here it goes... Ive got some money (taxes) that I want to use on a new exhaust system (Cat-back) for the Charger. I think I have decided on getting the JBA cat back (part number 40-1602 from their website). I have a few questions though. For starters, I know that Ray (Razor) has had a few issues with his JBA mufflers. Im wondering what other people have to say about JBA quality. Im figuring, for the price, I can go either custom pipe with my own mufflers (was thinking flowmaster Super 40's), or just a bolt on (im going the bolt on route with JBA). Both options give me the sound im looking for, both around $600. I can't see the justification in spending nearly $1500 for the Corsa either. To put it simply, everyone over on LX or the Z has their own opinion but there are so many posts, it makes it hard to weed through the bullshit, and come to a decision. Which is why I come to the CAMM family for this. Im thinking JBA, but Im open to hear some other suggestions, or other options for roughly the same price. Cut outs aren't something I want to do yet, so no cut-outs. Another thing, I havent found any good exhaust tips to replace the shitty stock ones on the car... anyone know of something? Thanks in advance!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 6:25 pm

Sorry bro, never had or no anyone who had Jba cat back. Why JBA, is it just for sound, if so how do they sound, or what sound are you looking for. If it's a nice mellow sound and it opens up to a nice rumble when you get on it, I would say Magnaflow. I know Magnaflow comes with new tips that I believe you can choose from. As soon as they come out with the oval tips I will be ordering the cat back for my 300.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 7:22 pm

pretty much what you said about sound, which is where the choice of JBA came from. It had a really good sound, and the thing i hate most is that "reed" sound. Magnaflow doesnt have the rumble im looking for. It sounds like there is cotton stuffed inside the muffler. Which is where the Flowmaster Super 40's comes in. Not to mention, the magnaflow exhaust is upwards of $1200. Where exactly is the cost difference between a 600-700 JBA or Flowmaster vs a 1200 or 1500 Magnaflow or Corsa, they are both 2.5" pipes, all systems ive seen are stainless steel... so it ultimately comes down to the mufflers and the sound.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 8:05 pm

I would go with a cat back. I had a pieced together system before and I took it off and bought a pypes cat back. If you do decide to go with a pieced together system I have my flowmaster super 44s that id sell cheap. Also when I did my JBA headers and cats i was a little disappointed with the quality.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 8:16 pm

I would also suggest cat back.This is the same exhaust Jesse,Ant and I have, but this is for the chargerhttp://www.yatesperformance.com/dg2310.html Free Shipping!!!! thumbsup

You can go to my video for sound or here is one I found:
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 9:30 pm

i love my custom setup. talk to Parish at Naperville exhaust works. he has done a couple of our members exhausts including mine. if you want to save money and have high dollar sound that is the way to go. don't buy an off the shelf kit with resonators or some red neck sounding flowmasters.

i paid like 650 installed for all custom bent 3 inch pipe with magnaflow mufflers and double wall stainless magnaflow tips and it sounds better than the off the shelf magnaflow kit.

cat back systems are more than that even before install price.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 7:46 am

i had a jba exhaust and didnt like it... had it for 3 months and removed it... now have cherry bomb and would never change to anything else except straight pipes
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 7:58 am

definately going to go cat-back. The pypes system sounds pretty good, I sorta remember hearing jesse's car at mod night, but id need to hear it again up close (youtube videos arent the best for this). I like Jon's idea of the custom setup. Just need to find a set of mufflers in that case. Which means id actually be back with super 44's (white trash or not, flowmaster has a great sound).
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 10:47 am

I am still partial to Zoomers they are pricy and you would still need headers and mids.
I can say I have the JBA shortys on the Charger and they are great and look the same as they day they were installed (titanium coated) Just needed to use OEM gaskets and all was good. Got the JBA hig flo cats and they are also great and pass emissions
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2012, 6:04 pm

Tom this morning as i started my car i heard the start of a rattle again so im guessing its the other muffler now that its 4 months old and hoping its not the replacement thats only a few weeks old. Not sure if i can say the slightest good thing about jba
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2012, 6:07 pm

i dont see a zoomers set up for the charger, and yeah, 1500, i might as well go with the corsa, which i dunno, just seems way to high priced for some pipes. Im not doing anything with the headers, those will remain stock right now. The Pypes system sounds good, and the price is great. Jon's custom job is sounding like a great idea too, for basically the same price, all i need to do then is pick the mufflers basically. In which case, id probably get the super 44's because from what i've been hearing through shitty youtube video's, I like the sound a lot. its a quiet, mellow, throaty sound that really opens up to a nice roar, with out the tinny or reedy sound...
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2012, 6:47 pm

When I had my flowmaster 44s I also didn't have resonators on. It had a lot of drone just a heads up. If you want my flowmasters you can have them for $50. Never seen salt but are welded to the rest of the pipes
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2012, 8:28 pm

FYI zoomers 06-12
http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/cat-backs/passenger-vehicle/dodge-charger-rt-5-7-hemi.html
Some pics and vids too still around $1100
not trying to push them just want to give you all the options
Jackie and I both love them but you already know that
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2012, 4:31 pm

I paid around $1000 for my magnaflow high flo cats and the magnaflow catback system I could get that deal for you shipped to your door!
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2012, 4:35 pm

My magnaflow system with the high flow cats sounds good and performs well it is all stainless and has nice 4 inch chrome tips I have the stock headers...
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2012, 4:38 pm

I have also learned some of the cheaper flowmaster and such have horrible drone the magnafows are tuned for your car so drone isn't bad I kind of like it...the magnaflow system got louder as it broke in sounds good at low throttle but sounds great a wot
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2012, 5:14 pm

so, after a little more research, the "horrible" drone that is talked about with a flowmaster system is easily corrected by following the manufacturers install instructions. Flowmaster reccomends the use of an H pipe to eliminate the drone vs our cars X pipe. The H pipe allows for a more balanced flow through the system, and allows the drone frequency to cancel it self out... I have however, decided on going with the Pypes system. The sound is good, and the price is in my range. Going to go with the Violator set up. The only thing I nee to find now then i guess is the tips.... that looks like its going to be a bit of a challenge though, finding a tip that will fit into the rear fascia on the new car.
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 9:10 am

I JUST BOUGHT SOME ZOOMERS FOR MY CHARGER AND IM GETTIN THEM INSTALLED A WEEK FROM TOMORROW, ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY SOUND
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 3:52 pm

Quote :

I JUST BOUGHT SOME ZOOMERS FOR MY CHARGER AND IM GETTIN THEM INSTALLED A WEEK FROM TOMORROW, ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY SOUND

YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO TYPE LIKE THIS AFTER THAT EXHAUST IS INSTALLED!

Bill
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 6:00 pm

ok, so my next question.... Exhaust Tips!!!! im gonna need some, so where can I find them that will fit the new rear end?
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 6:06 pm

You don't want to go with the split tips that come with the Pypes catback?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 6:08 pm

doesnt come with tips.... "This cat-back system is design just for 2011-2012 Dodge Charger R/T and will work with the factory bumper exhaust tip bezels."
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 6:10 pm

I did not know that.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 7:09 pm

so, last night I pulled the trigger. Found a deal on amazon for the Flowmaster American Thunder (817508) for $440, plus i got free 2 day shipping with it. should be here thursday, hopefully ill have it on and my car ready for sunday
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 12:59 pm

Did you get this installed yet???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My turn for an exhaust question.    My turn for an exhaust question.   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My turn for an exhaust question.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to: