Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?

Go down 
+2
funkpolice
Zack Atack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? Empty
PostSubject: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 5:43 pm

Well, the challenger is going to be tested sooner or later... As of right now it will not pass with the high flow cats. Is anyone running headers and failing emissions? Can I keep the headers and just change the cats and still pass? I'm really lost on this...

Any input is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 5:47 pm

Also, the car is running shorties and high flow cats currently..... Damn you Illinois emissions
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 6:04 pm

you should be able to pass with high flow cats

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 6:25 pm

funkpolice wrote:
you should be able to pass with high flow cats

bill
Not happening, and if he does he will be very lucky.
Johan who does custom cmr tunes via email has an emmisions tune to get you to pass. Probably about $150
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 6:40 pm

bill[/quote]
Johan who does custom cmr tunes via email has an emmisions tune to get you to pass. Probably about $150[/quote]

Go on? I didn't know this would work...
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 7:27 pm

I meant with a tune, sorry I didn't re read the post. some people have had luck with the anit foulers, but it seems like a crap shoot to me. The error codes can be eliminated with a tune. do you have a dash light on now?

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 8:36 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I meant with a tune, sorry I didn't re read the post. some people have had luck with the anit foulers, but it seems like a crap shoot to me. The error codes can be eliminated with a tune. do you have a dash light on now?

bill
It is a crap shoot, I passed with the Charger but took me a bunch of times clearing check engine light and going there and having it emmisions ready. I finally got lucky and as I was pulling out of test station check engine light went on. Every time I went and "monitors" were not ready I would tell them I disconnected battery to work on the car.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 8:40 pm

Zack Atack wrote:

bill
Johan who does custom cmr tunes via email has an emmisions tune to get you to pass. Probably about $150[/quote]

Go on? I didn't know this would work...[/quote]

As long as you have a predator, you can email Johan when test time comes and he will send you an email tune that is emmisions ready. You have to load that tune in to predator, then load it in to the Chally and go take the test. With the mild mods you have you can also get a cmr tune from him to make the car more responsive. That too runs about $150 or so. If you get deeper in to go fast mods then you want to go see Tim for a Dyno tune.
Here is Johan's email, just shoot him an email and see what he says.

diablotoona@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 10:20 pm

If all else fails just move....
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 10:26 pm

Yeah the light is on. Going to try the anti-foulers once the tap comes to fix what the dealer screwed up. The amazing mechanics at our local dealer decided to "re-tap" the bung with the new O2 sensor..

I have tried turning off the rear O2 sensors with the predator tuner that came with the car with little luck. As it stands the car runs like shit, eats gas, and its normal driver ( my italian father with a short temper) wants to send it off a cliff. I'm scrambling and trying to find a solution to the issue.. I love the car and I want him to enjoy it.

If I wasn't tied down here with my job I would leave Illinois in a heartbeat.

Okay... I'm done complaining. Head Bang
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 10:51 pm

It always was a gas hog but it ran great and I never had any issues. Id take that thing anywhere. Ill buy it back anyday
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 10:59 pm

It ran great when it was bought and up until about 2 weeks ago. I hope it gets solved I have plans for the car....
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2013, 11:52 pm

I just found the rear O2 sensors were taken out by the old man... This explains why the car hasn't been running up to par as of lately... doh I hope to god the tap comes tomorrow and I can get things back up to where they were when we bought the car.

I just want to add Jesse built one hell of a nice car.
Back to top Go down
jianni44
CAMM Member
jianni44

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 1:23 pm

I have a 2010 Challenger RT, long tubes and catless… I bought a Diablo tuner and had the shop that installed the headers program it to pass emissions. It passed Wisconsin emissions which taps directly into the car’s computer.
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 5:39 pm

Installed some O2 simulators on the sensors and no codes being thrown I'm hoping emissions will be a breeze! The car is running great and all is well!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 7:26 pm

Good luck, let us know if it works
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 8:01 pm

Id detune it as well. That thing ran pretty rich.
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 9:36 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Id detune it as well. That thing ran pretty rich.

Take it back to the stock tune?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 9:50 pm

You might be able to do that. Id be a little nervous un marrying it cause you might have to update the predator then. I didnt worry too much about that stuff. You can always call me if you need to
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 9:57 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
You might be able to do that. Id be a little nervous un marrying it cause you might have to update the predator then. I didnt worry too much about that stuff. You can always call me if you need to

Its going to be taken in "as-is" first..... I found a way out of emissions in Illinois but a few things need to fall into place for it to work... If only I lived 5 miles further west then I wouldn't have to worry about this crap.
Back to top Go down
Muskrat281
CAMM Member
Muskrat281

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2013, 1:57 pm

I passed in my Mustang, untuned, blower cams, race gas and dumps with longtubes and no cats. You'll befine as long as you dont have a SES light.
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2013, 11:40 pm

Well... It failed with flying colors. Now time for the de-tune and look into getting a waiver.....
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 11:49 pm

Progress! The "mini cat" simulators are working.... Now the car is throwing the awesome p2096/p2098 codes. I spent my day trying different tunes on the car and putting the car back to the stock tune... still threw codes. So I got pissed put the 93 octane tune on the car and turned the O2s off and did some doughnuts... After blowing off some steam I turned the sensors back on and about 30 minutes later the light was on again.... So I'm going to check for leaks tomorrow.

The O2 sensors are brand new.
I sent an e-mail to the tuner also and he never got back to me.

Anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 5:38 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?   Who runs headers and do you pass emissions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who runs headers and do you pass emissions?
Page 1 of 1