Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emissions test

Go down 
+15
ghost
Headtripp
Kooch
Dartboy
liljoejoe54
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
cjresto
moaugust88
otter1363
irishrt5.7
HiPwr
Iguanaman
jesse031081
Shawn1112
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:14 pm

So I got the dreaded emissions test notice in the mail today. This is the first time I have to take it in the Charger its been almost 4yrs. I dont think I'm going to pass with my high flo mids, and my rear 02's turned off. The reason my rear o2's have been turned off is because I have been throwing a code ever since I did the headers and hi flo cats. I have tried changing them but they are stuck in the mids and will not come out at all. Any suggestions or does anybody know somebody who's palm I can grease? I know they will not let me re new my plates untill this is done. Is there anyway around not taking the test?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:18 pm

I had a Monte Carlo with the cat hollowed and I used 3 bottles of heat on a quarter tank and I passed no problemo
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:22 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
I had a Monte Carlo with the car hollowed and I used 3 bottles of heat on a quarter tank and I passed no problemo
Was that when they used to run your car on the rollers? Because I used to do the same trick with the heat. From what I hear now a days they hook up to your computer and pass or fail you that way.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:23 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jesse031081 wrote:
I had a Monte Carlo with the car hollowed and I used 3 bottles of heat on a quarter tank and I passed no problemo
Was that when they used to run your car on the rollers? Because I used to do the same trick with the heat. From what I hear now a days they hook up to your computer and pass or fail you that way.

I think they're all done on computer.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:25 pm

If it's on a computer and he cleared his codes, will there be an issue? They don't put that thing on your exhaust anymore?

I'm interested to see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:29 pm

no they dont use a sniffer anymore its all thru obd2 port... i did mine last year had the mopar headers and high flow cats... no codes and passed..
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:31 pm

shawn do you have the anti foulers in your second bank???
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:47 pm

to pass emissions...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:58 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
shawn do you have the anti foulers in your second bank???
No, we tried putting them in at Adams shop last year but my 02's are frozen in to the mids. we tried everything to get them out. So the anti foulers are still sitting in my garage.
I also forgot to mention I have the egr delete.
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 9:33 pm

if you throw codes you will fail. What are the codes you are putting up?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 9:34 pm

God you people are old sometimes.... then again I remember when they used to do a probe on the exhaust.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 10:09 pm

Thats funny how you just got yours. My car is an 06 and I just got my notice yesterday. I'll be interested to see how things turn out. I think that as long as you are not currently throwing codes youll be ok, even with the 2nd bank of o2s turned off. I'll have to do some research tomorow.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 10:25 pm

I hope I don't have to go. I throw a shit load sometimes.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 10:35 pm

only hard codes will fail you. if your check engine light is on you fail, otherwise you will be fine.

soft codes that show up on the key trick will not fail you if they don't trip the check engine light.

my truck has no cats and pops code p0351 (no tack adapter for my MSD ignition) for like the last 6 years and i have never failed. just passed last week.

do not clear your codes to try to pass. if you have just cleared your codes there will not be enough data in your computer and they will tell you they can not test the car till you drive it a while.

Shawn they don't even pop your hood, they could care less if you have egr delete. if the computer doesn't pop check engine light because of it your good. if you can fool the computer they don't see it then they care.

Last edited by jontoad on May 4th 2010, 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 11:07 pm

I think you should be fine bro. I dont even have an EGR valve anymore and I passed with no problems.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 11:50 pm

same w/ me i dont have an egr either...
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 3:04 am

Mine just passed 2 weeks ago...

with the headers, high flow cats and the new corsa exhaust....

also have the egr delete...

if you have em turned off any no codes on the computer you will be fine...

I pop a exhaust emission threshold code everytime I take it for a long drive on the highway... clear the code with predator...and shes fine...

so as long as you dont pop a code a acouple days before,then clear it... and your check engine light isnt on..your all good!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 6:09 am

Kool, I will go take the test today after work
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:08 am

My car has always popped the check engine light. Now with the blower it just pops a couple more codes.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:41 am

I havent thrown a code since I deleted the rear 02's last month.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:42 am

why do you guys get so many codes i dont understand???
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:45 am

The only code I would ever get was my rear 02 sensors. Thats because I never put the plug fowlers in. So direct you question to Tom fuck face!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:46 am

lol ass munch that is directed towards anyone that pops on a regular basis...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:47 am

How about I pop you on a regular basis???
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:58 am

bring it on bitch...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emissions test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emissions test
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next