Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Passing Emissions with LT headers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lieu910
CAMM Rookie
lieu910

Passing Emissions with LT headers Empty
PostSubject: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2015, 12:05 pm

I live in McHenry County, and as I understand it, they do OBD for emissions testing. In theory, id the car does not throw any codes, passing emissions should be no problem.

However, I would like to hear from fellow members what their experience is with modified cars an passing local emissions before I go drop $$ on a set of headers, etc.

Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2015, 5:22 pm

do you throw no codes because your 02 monitors are turned off in your tune? or do you throw no codes with the 02 monitors still functioning in the tune?

if it is the first one i mentioned you won't pass, if it is the second one i mentioned you will pass.
Back to top Go down
lieu910
CAMM Rookie
lieu910

PostSubject: Re: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 6:17 am

jontoad wrote:
do you throw no codes because your 02 monitors are turned off in your tune? or do you throw no codes with the 02 monitors still functioning in the tune?

if it is the first one i mentioned you won't pass, if it is the second one i mentioned you will pass.

Interesting. In that case, maybe the Kooks with their green cats are the way to go.

Based on what you describe, it sounds like the OBD test would reveal the O2 sensors being turned off, which as I understand it is common to prevent CEL's.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 11:24 am

You can get an emissions tune that will allow you to pass. Had them on my Jeep SRT and passed, I know a couple of jeep srt guys that passed with no cats and had a turbo on their rigs.
I know a shop in Huntley that can do the install, just texted him and asking for a price
Make sure you use OEM gaskets not the shit box aftermarket ones.

http://www.admotorsportz.com/
Back to top Go down
lieu910
CAMM Rookie
lieu910

PostSubject: Re: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 3:01 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
You can get an emissions tune that will allow you to pass. Had them on my Jeep SRT and passed, I know a couple of jeep srt guys that passed with no cats and had a turbo on their rigs.
I know a shop in Huntley that can do the install, just texted him and asking for a price
Make sure you use OEM gaskets not the shit box aftermarket ones.

http://www.admotorsportz.com/

That's great, thanks! They are literally down the street from me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 3:21 pm

Talk to Adam or Jeremy, let them know your a friend of mine and they will take care of you
Back to top Go down
lieu910
CAMM Rookie
lieu910

PostSubject: Re: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2015, 5:56 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Talk to Adam or Jeremy, let them know your a friend of mine and they will take care of you

Can't thank you enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passing Emissions with LT headers   Passing Emissions with LT headers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passing Emissions with LT headers
Page 1 of 1