Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is this tire going to pop?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

is this tire going to pop? Empty
PostSubject: is this tire going to pop?   is this tire going to pop? I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2013, 4:00 pm

I was tracking down a clicking noise I've had since I did my rear end install and noticed this damage to my passenger side tire.

is this tire going to pop? IMG_1643_zpsa832b53a

You can see that chunks are broken off. There are 3 spots like this around the tire on the inside. This is the worst area. Should I replace the tires or is it ok? Any idea whats going on? I'm assuming damage from road debris or something. Thanks for looking,
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: is this tire going to pop?   is this tire going to pop? I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2013, 4:42 pm

JT would know, but it looks fine to me. Might be a little out of balance and shimmy.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: is this tire going to pop?   is this tire going to pop? I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2013, 9:20 pm

it's ok. sometimes i see this on all seasons that are pushed too hard or off road tires that spin on rocks too much. the older generation continental extreme used to do that on the outside tread block, but i haven't seen that on the DWS yet. the michelin pilot sport A/S and the BFG supersport A/S do that same thing. always the last tread block near the shoulder of the tire.

it's not a safety issue but it can cause noise. not a clicking though.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: is this tire going to pop?   is this tire going to pop? I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2013, 6:10 am

thanks. I found the clicking noise to be a dust shield on the input shaft. I just had to open up on area a bit and the noise went away.
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: is this tire going to pop?   is this tire going to pop? I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2013, 8:36 am

Bill you should see what JT's tires look like after a few AC events, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this tire going to pop?   is this tire going to pop? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is this tire going to pop?
Page 1 of 1