Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheel and tire fitment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SRTMag
CAMM Member
SRTMag

Wheel and tire fitment Empty
PostSubject: Wheel and tire fitment   Wheel and tire fitment I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2015, 10:22 am

I am wanting to purchase a set of FR vipers, 20x9 and 20x10. I am wanting to put 315/35/20 on the 20x10's.
My question is will the tires stick out past the quarter panel lip on a 2009 Challenger SRT8? I am leaving it at stock ride height, so not lowered. I don't want to spend the money if they will be sticking out, I really don't like that look.
If anyone has this combination, can you please post pics?

Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment   Wheel and tire fitment I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2015, 1:32 pm

I believe Jontoad ran that set up and Alterego might be running that set up. Looks very aggressive in a good way.
Back to top Go down
SRTMag
CAMM Member
SRTMag

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment   Wheel and tire fitment I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2015, 2:11 pm

Good to hear. Do you know if they stuck out past the lip of the quarter panel? Would be nice if someone posted up a pic with this set up.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment   Wheel and tire fitment I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2015, 7:36 pm

pm sent... i sent this...

Quote :
here is the thing... yes they will stick out just a hair at stock height, but if your car is lowered they will not. lowering the car brings them a bit more inboard, it's just the way the suspension swings.

this being said there is other factors for fitment here. some peoples 315's rub the fenders even at stock height if the rear cradle isn't centered right. if your car is lowered you will need to roll the fenders to clear the 315's for sure.

there is no way to tell you if they will clear or not on your car ahead of time because these cars all have enough difference in the way they come out of the factory that a test fit is necessary to see if it will work or not.

i have 315 michelin pilot supersports (ran nitto NT05's in the past) and i had to roll and pull my fenders because of how low my car is. (i had to do it on the front to clear a 285 up there too. lol.)

if you don't want to worry about clearance issues stick to a 295 or smaller. otherwise there might be some fender mods involved to make it work no matter if someone on another website said theirs worked fine or not.

here is what 315's on 10 inch vipers line up like at stock height with no fender mods...

Wheel and tire fitment 5jrx3l

Wheel and tire fitment 2nk7xop

and here is how they line up now after lowering the car and rolling the fenders...

Wheel and tire fitment Fzcbd0

Wheel and tire fitment 34t7s0h
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment   Wheel and tire fitment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel and tire fitment
Page 1 of 1