Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tire pressure sensors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

tire pressure sensors Empty
PostSubject: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2009, 9:49 pm

how does the tire pressure sensor work? i recently put on stock 20s and the maintanace light on. could it be a simple fix by just discoing the battery for while
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 7:25 pm

When you say maintenance, do you mean Check engine, or TPMS warning light?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 7:28 pm

If you didn't put the sensors back in, you're going to have the tire warning light on..
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 7:33 pm

You could also have a mismatch between sensor models.

There are 2 TPM sensors in the MoPar parts catalog:

Part # 68001696AB - Fits Chrysler and Dodge 2005-2007 model years
Part # 68001698AB - Fits Dodge (their computer tells them) 2008-2009 model years

MoparSuperCenter checked them both physically for me...looks like they're physically identical, the difference is the frequency the TPMS works at. So you need to match the frequency of the sensor you get to the frequency of your car. As far as he knew, the only real way to know is to pull one of your wheels and look at the TPMS. Although, he was reading a procedure that said something like "park the vehicle for a minimum of 20 minutes, then drive for at least 10 minutes at a constant 15 mph. During this time the vehicle will learn the TPMS frequency."
Good luck finding a road, or the patience, to drive at a constant 15 mph for 10 minutes!

NOTE: You'll see references in other, older posts on forums to 68001696AA...SAME SENSOR as 68001696AB, they've just changed the part number. So ask for 68001696AB.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 10:01 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
how does the tire pressure sensor work? i recently put on stock 20s and the maintanace light on. could it be a simple fix by just discoing the battery for while

did your new 20's have sensors in them when you installed them? what year car were the 20's off?

the sensors are in the valve hole on our cars. if you have normal rubber valves in your valve holes then you need a second set of sensors installed. 08 and up cars are 433mghz sensors, older models are 315mghz sensors. they are not interchangeable.

our sensors learn themselves when you drive on them. it can take up to 15 minutes of driving for them to learn.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 10:02 pm

there is nothing you can reset, either the hard parts are there and working or not.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 6:20 am

i think they are off an 08 and i think all the sensors are in. im probably gonna take it to have to have the code run and maybe itll get fixed under warrenty. i was hoping for a quick fix. thanks for all of everyones input, glad i joined
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 9:40 am

Hope they cover it and we're glad you joined too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tire pressure sensors   tire pressure sensors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tire pressure sensors
Page 1 of 1