Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brilliant Black owners

Go down 
+11
Headtripp
Razor
Illinois Chaos
Moparcharger07
firestartr420
funkpolice
stairman
mwa145
jontoad
inkedup
Shawn1112
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Brilliant Black owners Empty
PostSubject: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 10:05 am

Vic and Jon are the only 2 that come to mind, oh yeah and Tom lol. What do you guys use for detailing, Jon I know you use the wax thats a little pricey, but what else have you used and liked. was looking at the Turtle Wax black box, seems like a lot of work with that shit, not that I mind just seems like a lot of extra shit to do after clay bar. I have always used Mcguires NXt 2.0 on my Charger and 300 and loved it. But I do know black cars can be real funny on what you use on them.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 10:43 am

use turtle wax black box works great on black
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 10:46 am

instead of using there black liquid detailer spray i use ice spray.the black detailer spray seems to just keep smearing.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 11:10 am

Black box is crap. You might as well use shoe polish.

Keep using that nxt 2.0 just make sure you do paint corrections first with a compound.

Black box just uses fillers to hide problems. You want to have a nice surface, not hide a bad one.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 11:24 am

ive seen mikes car and whatever he uses i would use. i have never seen a brilliant black show so much flake in the paint like his
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 12:07 pm

jontoad wrote:

Keep using that nxt 2.0 just make sure you do paint corrections first with a compound.

Black box just uses fillers to hide problems. You want to have a nice surface, not hide a bad one.
Yep, planned on doing corrections first. Probably something to eliminate minor scratches and marks, paint cleaner, then the NXT 2.0
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 12:35 pm

I would keep using the wax you are using and use the Turtle Wax Black detail spray. I love the stuff. It really pops the shine on the brilliant black.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 3:26 pm

jontoad wrote:

i have had many compliments with the shine on my ride..
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 3:54 pm

I use nxt on my brilliant black. My paint is totally jacked though, and these days waxing just makes me depressed. I tried that mopar brilliant black in squeeze bottle to touch up a chip a couple yrs ago, and that shit was awful. If you ever want to try it let me know and I'll give you the bottle.
bill
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 4:21 pm

i used the nxt on my brilliant black and it was my preferred choice. I tried the Ice once but it left oily smears all over the car and was impossible to get rid of...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 4:57 pm

Just two-tone it Shawn........
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 8:03 pm

I've gone back to Meguires. I just tried something new from them that I like the best. It's called Gold Class Carnuba Plus. It's the shit. Goes on and comes off easy. Plus you can wax the whole car first and then buff it off.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 8:04 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention this. Greg @ Mr. Norm's only uses Meguires products and he is one of the best painters in the country.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 9:11 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Dont give me any ideas. When I was detailing it today, I was trying to figure out how to 2 tone it. Just like my 300 I dont think a 2 tone would work with the body lines on the Jeep.
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 10:01 pm

I use the nxt on my brilliant black and love it
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 10:11 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Moparcharger06 wrote:
Dont give me any ideas. When I was detailing it today, I was trying to figure out how to 2 tone it. Just like my 300 I dont think a 2 tone would work with the body lines on the Jeep.

LoL HAD to throw it in there man!! LoL But congrats Shawn, it looks nice!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 10:12 pm

The Nxt worked great will post pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 11:26 pm

If you have patience and do it right black box is good shit. I use that every now and then and nxt also
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2012, 12:26 am

it's not the finished look that is the problem with black box, it is the product itself.

it has too many fillers and it just a cover up. ask on any real detailer forums what they think of that product. i got the "you might as well use shoe polish" quote from the autotopia detailing forums.

your sealant or wax should only be protecting your finish you already created with paint correction products. it shouldn't need fillers or a tint to hide swirls. the swirls should already be gone.

personally i like sealants more than waxes myself. they protect better, longer. sealants also look more like glass or hard candy compared to the soft look of wax.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2012, 8:04 am

Jt that final step you take makes the shine pop really deep. New level of deep.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 12:22 pm

I used black box on mine, it is an absolute pain in the butt to take off. However, when done the shine is outstanding. In between I use the Meguires spray on wax, always been a fan of their products. Not sure due to the effort to remove the polish and wax if I will buy it again, but being cheap I will use it til it is gone. Had a lot of compliments on it but it takes some time to get done.
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2013, 1:09 am

I used Mothers Clay Bar, Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax, and buffed the shit out of it, then final hit with the Turtlewax Black detailer spray. It made my 3rd gen ram pop! It made the Brilliant Black look well.... Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2013, 9:19 pm

The trick to removing black box wax is to spray a little bit of detailed on the micro fiber cloth when taking it off. Next wax is ok but I really don't like how it boogers up taking it off and I really feel it doesn't shine as much as other waxes.i never used those expensive waxes so I can't comment. I would like to mention I use meguires cleaner detailed followed by black box on my ride
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2013, 4:19 pm

Man I used to have a 96 Impala SS in black back when I was single and had time to really detail my car the way I like it.

I loved Meguiars' stuff. It is a total pain in the ass to do it the right way with clay bar, polish and wax taking forever.

Wax isn't really shining anything its just to protect the finish... after using a good polish the car should really pop and then wax it to protect it.

If you've got more serious paint issues you need more of a stiffer compound I've used Scratch X 2.0 to remove some pretty ugly marks.

Now my poor Charger it breaks my heart how messed up the paint is on it and I've not got the time to really do anything about it I just try to keep the car a decent "20 footer" when clean but if you have good eyes you'll see bad things from beyond 20 feet in my paint Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2013, 5:25 pm

I asked Greg, who is the painter that works for Tim Barth, what products he likes best. He told me he only used Maguires on everything. Greg is one of the best painters in the country. I have been using some of the new formulas that you can use in direct sunlight and it still comes off easily.
My favorites have always been the waxes that contain a percentage of Brazilian Carnuba Wax. Straight Carnuba is tricky to use, but comes off easy if you apply it to a cool surface and get it wiped off before it's dry. Can't use it in the heat of the summer if your paint surface is warm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black owners   Brilliant Black owners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brilliant Black owners
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next