Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?

Go down 
+8
Moparcharger07
firestartr420
Razor
Shawn1112
Headtripp
inkedup
Admin
BigM
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? Empty
PostSubject: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 6:13 pm

Do you guys think a Brilliant Black Grille would look weird on a Silver Steel car? I want the Daytona flat black grille but I see cheap used grilles come up on ebay and craigslist. If I could get a Brilliant Black grille and installed the Daytona inserts for around $100 vs. $220 for the Daytona grille it would save me some coin just not sure if it would look odd.

Maybe I get the Brilliant Black and Plastidip it? That way I've always got the stock Chromie if I end up hating it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 6:19 pm

Wouldn't look terrible, just not ideal if it's the flat black look you want.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 6:27 pm

You're right....

My wheels aren't that flat I'd call them Satin black but normally they are flat with dirt Smile

If I want to use a black out decal for the rear trunk lid I'd want it flat black not gloss so I should keep the nose the same.

Anyone Plasti dip the grille with any degree of success? I see folks putting it on wheels so I'm guessing if prepped correctly it should hold decently.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 7:22 pm

All the grilles I've painted have chipped eventually.. Some sooner than others. I tried a bunch of different types of paints. Only grille that ever lasted was one I had professionally done.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 8:29 pm

i did the billet grill and had the bitch powder coated
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 12:00 pm

Well I installed a used Daytona grille and put a matt black vinyl inlay in the R/T emblem on the grille.

Glad I went this route. The used grille has a few dings but then again so did the chromie one I took off.

All I have is this lousy cell pic right now.

Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? New_gr10

Really like the look on Silver Steel, I'm going to change out the chrome r/t for the red r/t again covered in matte black inlay out back. I'm on the fence regarding the trunk black out.

This is how I like my Road and Track package car with 18 inch wheels vs. chrome clad 20" and no rear spoiler but with chin spoiler Smile

Also have a new license plate Smile
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 3:36 pm

That inlay really looks cool
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 3:45 pm

Looks great, love the plates
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 4:34 pm

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 5:54 pm

looking good!!!!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 7:47 pm

Looks good man!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 7:59 pm

like it
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 11:02 pm

The black vinyl inlay in the R/T emblem looks extra nice!

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 9:15 pm

Thanks guys, here is a little better pic:

Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? New_gr11
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 10:13 pm

look's good....
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 10:42 pm

That looks really good. Love ur plates as well
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 5:10 pm

Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? 37710
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 6:30 pm

Looking good !!!
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 7:14 pm

How glossy are your wheels? I'd say mine are kinda satin finish. Did you swap out the center caps or did you powder those black as well? Mine are still chrome with chrome gorilla lugs. I considered the black chrome lugs and black caps but I kinda like the contrast.

I'm still thinking about blacking out the trunk maybe in the Spring. I'd consider the fender hash stripes but that might be too much.

I'll keep an eye out for you in Naperville my SXT cousin!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 11:35 am

looking good tg
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 4:24 pm

thanks inked, and my rims are a gloss black finish. and the center hub is also powder coated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?   Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brilliant Black Grille on Silver Steel?
Page 1 of 1