Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best brake deal for the front?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HemiEd
CAMM Rookie
HemiEd

Best brake deal for the front? Empty
PostSubject: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 9:54 am

Please forgive me if this subject has been beat to death, I tried doing a couple searches on here, but didn't find anything exactly pertaining to my situation.

It sucks when n00bs come on a board, and ask the same old stuff, so I am trying not to.

But I would like to ask for some help, as I have a little bit of rotor warp.

It is my daily driver, and I do not plan on doing any autocross stuff with it.

But I do plan on replacing the rotors in front, and the pads, hopefully upgrade them.

I have had no squeal or brake dust issues to date, and would like to keep it that way.

What is the best local deal out there for my situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 10:19 am

R1 Concepts makes a slotted rotor and is a nice upgrade from OEM. Big difference in stopping power. Not sure if you care about appearance, but if you didnt do the rears, you would have slotted rotors on the front and Oem on the rear. Also it's not local, they would have to be shipped. Maybe someone else can chime in about finding something local.
Back to top Go down
HemiEd
CAMM Rookie
HemiEd

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 10:29 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
R1 Concepts makes a slotted rotor and is a nice upgrade from OEM. Big difference in stopping power. Not sure if you care about appearance, but if you didnt do the rears, you would have slotted rotors on the front and Oem on the rear. Also it's not local, they would have to be shipped. Maybe someone else can chime in about finding something local.

Thanks Shawn, I really do care about aesthetics, but hadn't thought about the rotors looking different. Maybe I should just stay with stock rotors, doubt these have enough meat to be turned properly.

Do you have a pad recommendation?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 1:29 pm

HemiEd wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Thanks Shawn, I really do care about aesthetics, but hadn't thought about the rotors looking different. Maybe I should just stay with stock rotors, doubt these have enough meat to be turned properly.

Sorry, I dont. I upgraded to R1 rotors and pads when it was time for brakes. Someone will chime in.
Back to top Go down
HemiEd
CAMM Rookie
HemiEd

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 3:57 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiEd wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Sorry, I dont. I upgraded to R1 rotors and pads when it was time for brakes. Someone will chime in.

I just ordered the R1 cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads. thanks again, you did help!

www.r1concepts.com
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 4:45 pm

I hope you got the LX discount. I ordered from Steven the premium blanks and Hawk HPS pads. Should be here tomorrow. I was leaning towards slots but there really isn't an advantage to cross drilled or slots from the research I've read.

Asthetically yeah they look cool but I just want them to work right!
Back to top Go down
HemiEd
CAMM Rookie
HemiEd

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 5:06 pm

BigM wrote:
I hope you got the LX discount. I ordered from Steven the premium blanks and Hawk HPS pads. Should be here tomorrow. I was leaning towards slots but there really isn't an advantage to cross drilled or slots from the research I've read.

Asthetically yeah they look cool but I just want them to work right!

I didn't know about a discount, sometimes I am just too quick.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 5:10 pm

I needed all four rotors and pads, not sure if they apply discounts to just front so don't feel too bad. If you want you can cancel your order or contact Steven to see if you can get a better deal.

I'm not really implusive normally I research a purchase almost too much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best brake deal for the front?   Best brake deal for the front? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best brake deal for the front?
Page 1 of 1