Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

brake question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

brake question Empty
PostSubject: brake question   brake question I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2010, 10:33 pm

so after hearing the factory brakes squeal for many thousand miles i ordered a set of dimpled, slotted rotors from brakeperformance.com, I also paid 20$ for an upgrade to semi-metallic pads. I can take the car out and do a few "brake checks" and get the glazing off the rotors for a few hundred miles. then the sqeal returns. this car is the wifes daily driver

I have EBC green stuff on an 04 explorer which the wife drives during the winter when it is crappy out. there is no glazing to the brakes or squeal. after a few thousand miles.

Now should I order a premuim semi-metallic pad from brakeperformance.com or order EBC redstuff or green stuff? This is my biggest problem, or really a complaint, about the car, I need the brakes to stop squeeling and the rotors to stop glazing. I have also removed the pads added anti-squeal compound (which looks like crao through the rims) and made sure the anti rattle clips are tight.

I don't want to throw more money away since I have four rotors in the basement that are probably good (once they are turned) and pads that have only 10-20 K miles on them.

also i believe the pads were branded from centric ( if i remember correctly)
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

brake question Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake question   brake question I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 8:15 pm

Any ideas??
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

brake question Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake question   brake question I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 8:22 pm

i think you should of bought ceramic they have less squeel...my opinion
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

brake question Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake question   brake question I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 8:23 pm

don't get ebc reds if squeal and rotor wear are your issues. i use ebc reds because i race and they are great for that but for the first 2000 miles they will squeal more than any other brake pad you have ever had. they are quiet after that but the brake in squeal is bad. they also eat rotors.

I'm not sure what to recommend you as far as pads for the R/T brakes but just don't get the reds, they are not right for you.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

brake question Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake question   brake question I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 10:17 pm

Mike. I posted that i got semi metallic, i got ceramic but there was an option to get premium semi metallic.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

brake question Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake question   brake question I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 12:18 pm

jon, I just looked and didn't see any greenstuff pads available for the daytona, only for the SE and SXT. I did order from brakeperformance a set of premuim semi-mettalic. I hope it works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

brake question Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake question   brake question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brake question
Page 1 of 1