Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hids installed

Go down 
+4
BigM
Shawn1112
Hypnotiq
funkpolice
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

Hids installed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 5:23 pm

inkedup wrote:
How much for markers?

ehhh not expensive. Smile
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 8:14 pm

i have a set now but always can use a spare set
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 5:48 pm

fuck. I already have a bad bulb. These were Xtreme 6000k D1S bulbs, and all I found were great reviews. Is there something that could cause premature bulb failure? I was careful not to touch the bulb with my fingers, I don't know if it matter or not with these. It worked for two days, now nothing. I swapped the bulbs and both lights work with the good bulb, so I'm almost certain it's a bad bulb. I ordered another one, it it goes I'll look for a different company. Maybe just a shitty bulb? On the plus side I'm significantly faster at removing the front facia. Off, diagnose problem, and back together in under an hour. Didn't have to remove wheels or use a jack at all. I did slightly tweak the ledge on the fender trying to get the plastic wheel well back in though. I left the corners off to color match them too.
bill
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 6:00 pm

well, first... why did you have to remove the whole fascia just to check a bulb? couldnt you have done that from just under the hood?! Second, are you sure the bulb was seated in the housing correctly? if not, moisture could have gotten on the bulb causing failure. I hope you didnt pay any money for the replacement bulb either, because something like that should be taken care of through warranty.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 6:05 pm

another thing.... check your wiring for loose connections and possibly check the voltage coming to the bulb. If you're sending more volts to the bulb than should be there, that could cause premature failure, as well as loose wiring or poor wiring connections...
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 6:35 pm

It's really tight to get the bulbs in and out, and I really didn't think it would be a bulb as they are so new. I was almost certain it was a wiring issue. That's why I pulled it all apart. I wasn't able to check voltage at the bulb, but I did get voltage readings going to the ballast. after checking voltage and continuity between ballast and bulb I then swapped the bulbs and found that one of the bulbs works in either headlight, and the other worked in neither. I did pay for the second bulb, because it was only 65 bucks and frankly, the time to fight for a refund isn't worth it.
bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 7:15 pm

I sent the company an email as to whether they would pay for the replacement bulb, that's all the time I'm going to put into that. i forgot to put in the last post the voltage to the ballast was 13.xx. Is this right?
bill
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 7:56 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I sent the company an email as to whether they would pay for the replacement bulb, that's all the time I'm going to put into that. i forgot to put in the last post the voltage to the ballast was 13.xx. Is this right?
bill

yeah 13.x is good voltage...
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 8:45 pm

I mis typed. the voltage was 14.xx when running. it's 12.4 when just using the battery. Is this still ok? I'm guessing I must have damaged the bulb some how, or it was damaged in shipping. The unit is completely sealed from what I can see. I had a problem getting the terminals seated in the plug for the 4 pin adapter harness, but that all looks good now.
bill
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 12:10 am

probably a bad bulb then... voltage seems just fine... always good to be sure though...
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 2:59 pm

looks like the replacement bulb is going to be free. thanks firestartr for getting me to send them an email, saved me 65 bucks. I'm too quick to assume people are assholes and will try to avoid responsibility at all cost. I have a renewed faith in the human race. Razz

bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hids installed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2