Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hids installed

Go down 
+4
BigM
Shawn1112
Hypnotiq
funkpolice
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 6:24 pm

I got my HIDs up and running today. It went pretty smooth apart from those fucking pushpin nylon fasteners. They must of used the "break away head" ones on my car. I couldn't find any of the larger 5/16" ones around, might have to go to a dealer. I used eagle eyes oem stlye headlights, osram oem ballast, extreme D1S 600k bulbs, a relay/30 amp fuse harness, 460uf/35w capasitor, and had to make up some wire adaptors. Total cost was around 550 bucks, and it took me about 10 hrs to install. I'm about to go check them out in the dark and adjust them if needed.
bill
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 7:14 pm

You paid 550 for hids? Damn man. That's a lot. But you're gonna love them. At night driving is amazing.

btw: Napa has all OEM fasteners.

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 7:28 pm

yeah, the cost kind of added up. I had a reason for going D1S, but I forgot what it was, and it was something stupid I'm sure. I'll have to check out napa tomorrow for the fasteners. I set the height a little while ago, and they are really bright.
bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 7:56 pm

Where the fuck are the pics??? Ya what JR said, go to Napa. Still pricey but cheaper than oem.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 8:58 pm

I want to go HID the way you did with the OEM parts... it does cost about $550 once you add it all up. I wish there was a good fit for the real HIR bulbs I'd do that but not seen anyone that made it work.

Putting HID bulbs into the stock housing isn't a good idea, not going to argue with anyone but a halogen reflector is designed different than an HID one. Yeah I know you can aim them but that's a half ass way to fix the beam pattern.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 5:13 pm

Hids installed B85ca99b

Hids installed 7453f0e2

now I really need to do something about the fogs. they look very yellow and silly with the low beams on. also, I should have bought new corner lights. The old ones look shitty next to the new headlight housings. Is is possible to polish the old corners, or should I find some new ones?
bill
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 5:19 pm

That looks badass!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 5:21 pm

car look's sweet you should do a few cheap mods that would make it look even better.

-delete turn signal mod

-get yourself a good set of white marker lights

just my opinion,still look's get
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 5:24 pm

Hids installed Drivew11

Hids installed Moonli10

NO YELLOW/AMBER AT ALL CHEAP MODS
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 5:56 pm

Just by aftermarket hid's for the fogs, it will look a lot better. As far as your corners, yes you can polish them, but that polish does more harm in the long run. I love the look of color matching them, they actually look like they are built in to the car if that sounds rite.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 6:52 pm

mine are color matched.......
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:11 pm

what is the "turn signal delete" mod? sounds dangerous. I kind of like the amber light, just not the hazy clear plastic. Do you ride around with that red light on? I like the way it looks , but it kind of screams "pull me over" At any given time it seems I'm dealing with at least one "no front plate" ticket. Bullshit.
Shawn, I'm going to look up some color matched corners, sounds like it might be cool. I'm going to have to look into some hids for the fogs, it really looks bad mismatched like this. First I'm going to try to find some halogen that looks close to the same color. I don't want to mount more ballast and have a birdsnest of wires. I don't care if they aren't bright, but want to change the color.
The car looks decent because it was a lower light situation. it's an 07' daily driver=one giant swirl mark.
bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:17 pm

Color match them yourself, or ask MWA to do it. All you need is Brilliant Black spray paint and clear. Dealer can get you the paint.

Turn signal delete is where the amber bulb is only on when turn signal is on. All other times it stays off, kind of for people who dont like the amber on all the time like me.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:24 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Just by aftermarket hid's for the fogs, it will look a lot better. As far as your corners, yes you can polish them, but that polish does more harm in the long run. I love the look of color matching them, they actually look like they are built in to the car if that sounds rite.

And I believe it's not "by" Shawn it's spelled "buy" Police Police Police Police Police
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:25 pm

Don't hate the player,hate the game!!!!!!!! :homo:
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:31 pm

inkedup wrote:
Don't hate the player,hate the game!!!!!!!! :homo:
If you were a player, you would have a valid point. But until you get player status, suck a bag of dicks!!!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:37 pm

Lol, player hater
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:43 pm

inkedup wrote:
Lol, player hater
You see my location rite????
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:44 pm

Sorry a thought it said tator proof..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:46 pm

Are you here all week???
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 7:46 pm

lmao!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 8:08 pm

Mon-fri after 5pm
sat-sun all day

this is what happen's when i have a lot of extra time on my hand's.and i still smoke free
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 10:59 pm

funkpolice wrote:
what is the "turn signal delete" mod? sounds dangerous. I kind of like the amber light, just not the hazy clear plastic. Do you ride around with that red light on? I like the way it looks , but it kind of screams "pull me over" At any given time it seems I'm dealing with at least one "no front plate" ticket. Bullshit.
Shawn, I'm going to look up some color matched corners, sounds like it might be cool. I'm going to have to look into some hids for the fogs, it really looks bad mismatched like this. First I'm going to try to find some halogen that looks close to the same color. I don't want to mount more ballast and have a birdsnest of wires. I don't care if they aren't bright, but want to change the color.
The car looks decent because it was a lower light situation. it's an 07' daily driver=one giant swirl mark.
bill

i can do a set of color matched sidemarkers for you or you can do them yourself.
duplicolor has a pxr spray can which is like 8 bucks. more than enough to do your sidemarkers.
. i also can restore your fogs so you dont have to get new ones.
i did these for a guy in Cali

Hids installed 6974972897_815f11b950_z
378594_237468449654380_100001736814510_603577_1796721864_n by mwa145, on Flickr

and a before and after of the sanded and buffed fogs.

Hids installed 6828846648_66114bf322_z
111222 by mwa145, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 2:08 pm

How much for markers?
Back to top Go down
DVEEUS
CAMM Member
DVEEUS

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 2:49 pm

your hids look great...awesome pics btw...very sharp...beautiful... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hids installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hids installed   Hids installed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hids installed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next