Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HIDs and Fogs

Go down 
+2
liljoejoe54
5.7daytona
6 posters
AuthorMessage
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 1:39 pm

hey guys looking to get some HIDs, but i was just wondering is it worth getting HIDs for my fog lights? i drive this car year around which includes the snow. i was just thinking of getting yellow bulbs for the fog lights since that is the best for the fog and rain but just wondering what people thought about it. thanks guys
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 5:11 pm

HIDworld.com has some really good prices and I even think they have yellow that you can use for your fogs. Just make sure you get the anti flicker harness.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 6:55 pm

I run with HIDs in my fogs and I love it... i have no issues seeing at night or in the snow. but its really all matter of personal preference, some like the HID look, and others like the HID and Yellow look....
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 10:40 pm

Going to go with local vendor blackwater with the Hids. Good pricing with installation. So u would recommended getting hids for the fog lights? Just trying to weigh my options on type of setups people have. Blackwater would u recommended hids for fog lights or r they a waste of Money and better with just regular bulbs and hid headlights?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 11:36 pm

i would recommend HID's for the fogs, the more light the better.... but I wouldnt suggest going a color any warmer than 8000K due to an issue known as "light wash". If you go above 8000K, performance of the light begins to drop off
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2011, 10:48 am

I was thinking about getting 6000k. Little blue but not obnoxious. Thanks so fogs would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
cudadriver
CAMM Rookie
cudadriver

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2012, 9:27 am

OK, dumb question from the new guy. Are they easy to install or do you need to pull the entire front bumper assembly to get to them (like I had to do on my Dream Cruiser). Thanks
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2012, 4:07 pm

No, the only thing you will have to pull is the air box, pretty simple install.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2012, 11:55 pm

easy as 1 2 3 . Even Inkedup could do it.... NVM lmao
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2012, 8:48 am

mwa145 wrote:
easy as 1 2 3 . Even Inkedup could do it.... NVM lmao

hahahaha what's happened to Inkedup?!? Did his phone break or something?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HIDs and Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIDs and Fogs   HIDs and Fogs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HIDs and Fogs
Page 1 of 1