Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got new hood...neep help!!

Go down 
+9
Hypnotiq
vagrant
Shawn1112
Headtripp
jontoad
Xenon
liljoejoe54
Illinois Chaos
Fidostudio
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

Got new hood...neep help!! Empty
PostSubject: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 5:10 pm

Got the new hood a few days ago. I love it! Just a black gel coat right now. I have to decide if I want to go body color with it or do flat black or???? Whatcha think?

Got new hood...neep help!! Img_3010

Got new hood...neep help!! Img_3011

Got new hood...neep help!! Img_3012
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 5:34 pm

Do it up like the other one.
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 5:36 pm

was getting tired of the big superman logo
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 5:40 pm

If you do flat black, make the black continue to the front bumper.
Back to top Go down
Xenon
CAMM Member
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 6:41 pm

carbom fibre look cheers
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 6:58 pm

Xenon wrote:
carbom fibre look cheers

OMG,,,NO!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 7:16 pm

black roof, black hood.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 7:27 pm

^^ What he said
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 8:22 pm

If I do black roof and hood then I probably need to do the trunk too?? Don't ya think it might be overkill with the stripes I have on the sides?

I'm gonna have it prepped, painted and blended with the fenders body color first so it fits right and then have it wrapped in flat black and maybe do some sort of writing on the sides of the scoop like Mopar or Charger...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 9:18 pm

jontoad wrote:
black roof, black hood.
I agree also
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 10:54 pm

Have it fade from the fender color to flat black from the fender to the center. Maybe do up a POC first...might be cool..might suck.

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 8:33 am

jontoad wrote:
black roof, black hood.
and follow down the front bumper and do the top of the trunk lid only. Not the back. Rock On
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 5:43 pm

I'd say colormatched sides and do the scoop in flat black
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 5:47 pm

HemiMag wrote:
I'd say colormatched sides and do the scoop in flat black

I tried that (Really quick Photoshop) Not sure I like it

Got new hood...neep help!! New_ho11
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 6:16 pm

The whole hood in flat black, I dont like what you did.
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 6:25 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
The whole hood in flat black, I dont like what you did.

No, I know...I don't like it either. Was just showing the look.
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 9:21 pm

Have the hood painted body color.. But have the front 1/8 or so air brushed to look like the paint is pealing back from the speed.exposing the flat black. I wish you could see the picture in my head. here I will put my head on the screen LOL.

maybe some pealing around the scoop.

any way thats my 2 cents. just an idea
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 10:10 pm

Fidostudio wrote:
If I do black roof and hood then I probably need to do the trunk too?? Don't ya think it might be overkill with the stripes I have on the sides?

I'm gonna have it prepped, painted and blended with the fenders body color first so it fits right and then have it wrapped in flat black and maybe do some sort of writing on the sides of the scoop like Mopar or Charger...

I'd say do the color mach thing, then wrap it if you want, you can always pull it off and go a different route later then ya know??

If ya wanna wrap it let me know man LoL
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 10:16 pm

I'd say do the color mach thing, then wrap it if you want, you can always pull it off and go a different route later then ya know??

If ya wanna wrap it let me know man LoL [/quote]

I think that's the direction I'll probably go in. It gives me more options down the road. I do tend to change my mind a lot. I'm not in a big hurry as the car will be done for the season soon. It actually doesn't look too bad just raw right now anyway so rather than send it to a shop now I'll enjoy the last few days/weeks, whatever we have left before it snows and just drive it. I'll pick a shop to drop it off at when the first snow falls. Got some other goodies going in over the winter.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2011, 6:35 am

Make sure you have fenders and fascia blended in when you get it painted.
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2011, 8:51 am

Absolutely
Back to top Go down
beach
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2011, 8:33 pm

I like the idea of flat black on just the scoop like you did, but maybe not the whole scoop. What about doing it just the width of the scoop opening, following that edge back. Then it's not so much black. Basically take 3-4 inches on each side off from what you did.
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 4:36 pm

Think this is final decision...

Got new hood...neep help!! New_ho12
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 8:01 pm

that's a winner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got new hood...neep help!!   Got new hood...neep help!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got new hood...neep help!!
Page 1 of 1