Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wife just got a $50 ticket

Go down 
+8
HiPwr
AlterEgo
Mad Hatter
HemiMag
chargerchick
Hypnotiq
Admin
arivera
12 posters
AuthorMessage
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

Wife just got a $50 ticket Empty
PostSubject: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 12:03 pm

Was taking my car to work and got pulled over by Plainfield PD. He gave her a $50 ticket which has to be paid in 10 days or it goes to $150. I need to take the tint off (or call my doctor). Anyone have any quick tips for taking it off?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 12:04 pm

How dark is your tint on the front?
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 12:26 pm

steamer... Heres a "how to" i made a while ago..

Tools Needed:
Fabric Steamer
Razor blades
Microfiber towels
Window cleaner ( w/e your preference is)

First start by steaming the window your removing the tint from. Start on the corner you will be pulling from then work you way around the window.. after one pass of steaming steam under the area you will be pulling from. The key to this is to pull slowly while steaming.
Wife just got a $50 ticket Imgp0860a

After you have removed the tint and all you "might" have left is a couple glue spots just steam that small part and take a razor blade and just wipe away. It almost just wipes off with your nail but to ensure you get it all use a razor.
Wife just got a $50 ticket Imgp0862d

After the windows completely cleaned off all debris use a towel to wipe all the condensation from the door panels.
Wife just got a $50 ticket Imgp0863x

Then grab your window cleaner and give it a quick cleaning wiping it down with a microfiber towel. Then you should end up with something like this.
Wife just got a $50 ticket Imgp0864a

For a back window that has a bit of residue on it in those hard to reach places i picked up some VERY FINE #00000 Steel Wool and sprayed the window down with soap / water and then steamed over that then scrubbed softly even over the defrost lines and it will all come off without any problems.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 12:33 pm

since were on the subject... does anyone have a tint guy that might have so good prices? Ive been wanting to retint my car but am looking for a decent deal.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 12:50 pm

Man that really sucks. As much as I hate having lighter windows up front, seeing all you guys getting pulled over for this crap makes me glad that I do.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 2:53 pm

Ouch got me too like a month back in my other car.I had 35% up front....I didnt bother taking them off I just paid the $50.

[b]
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 4:21 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
How dark is your tint on the front?
I think I went 75%. Might have been 50
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 5:53 pm

Come on NEW TINT LAW! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 9:56 pm

I thought that September 1st the law has changed that you are allowed up to 35%....
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 6:46 am

AlterEgo wrote:
I thought that September 1st the law has changed that you are allowed up to 35%....

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=3325&GAID=10&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=46080&SessionID=76&GA=96

Yup.. thats why im shopping around for a good price on tint Laughing
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 8:19 am

I don't believe this has been enacted yet. Last I heard, it was waiting on the Governor's signature.

I would love to get my windows tinted, but this no tint on the front windows looks lame in my opinion.

There is a push from the "greenies" for allowing tint because supposedly with tint, your A/C doesn't have to work as hard and CO2 emissions are reduced. Seems to make sense, even though I think the reduction is nominal at best. Especially for a person like me who hates using car A/C and rumbles around in a gas-guzzling behemoth.

If it does become law, I'll need to find a very good window tinting place. And by that, I mean that they do an excellent job on the windows and the workers are clean. Installing tint necessitates crawling around on my upholstery.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 10:08 pm

Sorry to hear the news.. I'm glad that I have and will keep out of state plates..
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 10:27 pm

you can pull the tint off first by hand. then once tint is peeled off spray the glue left behind with soapy water solution or windex and scrape of with razor blade. for back windshield cut tint with razor blade between the defrost lines pull that off and then spray window with soapy water solution and rub with fine steel wool. just be patient when doing rear windshield.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 9:19 am

Hypnotiq wrote:
since were on the subject... does anyone have a tint guy that might have so good prices? Ive been wanting to retint my car but am looking for a decent deal.
I have a friend with a shop by 147th and kedzie if you want to drive that far. He will hook u up with a good price!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 9:23 am

Consider that ticket lucky. I got shafted with 2 $250 tickets for my front tints while my car was parked and I was at work. I removed my front tints and I am contesting both tickets so hopefully they get removed and I dont have to pay.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 9:24 am

Shawn1112 wrote:

I have a friend with a shop by 147th and kedzie if you want to drive that far. He will hook u up with a good price!

I might have to check him out once the law gets signed that it will be legal to add front tints. Im gonna put mine back on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife just got a $50 ticket   Wife just got a $50 ticket I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wife just got a $50 ticket
Page 1 of 1