Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.

Go down 
+7
Moparcharger07
eviltrycycle
Illinois Chaos
chicagovich
Shawn1112
jesse031081
funkpolice
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. Empty
PostSubject: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2013, 8:03 pm

I'm working on ordering a SRT Max cam from intertia, and I've been talking with Tim to set up the install and a tune. My wife just got over that. I .....kiiiiind of....insinuated that the car had a lot of miles on it.....so it needed a tune up? She wants to know why I have to drive so far to have that done, why it's gonna take so long, and why it cost so much? I told her that's just how these new cars are, crazy huh. Well, I just bought a 3.73 getrag set up on lx, she's gonna be pissed now. I got everything I need minus the hubs for better than half price.
bill
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2013, 8:20 pm

That rear end will be fun, I had Tim do that a few months ago and it woke the car up a lot!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2013, 9:41 pm

How much for the getrag? I ask because why not do heads with the cam? Heads would have been around 2k
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2013, 9:51 pm

I think Tom still has a drive shaft that youll need to do the getrag for your car if you didnt get one already
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2013, 10:35 pm

3.73 center with 600 miles
chally axles w/tone rings
driveshaft
coupler and bolts
1350 shipped.
I got it from that Legmaker guy. I see he does a lot of business over there, and most people say he's an honest guy. He told me it just wasn't going to be enough for some monster turbo build he's doing so that's why he's getting rid of it.

I'm going with this cam largely because it's the biggest you can go with the stock heads. The install price on the heads would make it quite a bit more expensive. This cam uses all my current valvetrain, assuming it's still good, which may be a big assumption. I'm hoping that Tim's tune plus the cam is good for at least 50hp.

Has anyone done the rear end swap themselves? I'm toying with the idea of doing it myself. I've read a couple write ups and it doesn't look that bad, but most things usually don't I guess. How about the upgraded clutch pack. Is it worth it?

bill
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 4:59 am

funkpolice wrote:
I'm working on ordering a SRT Max cam from intertia, and I've been talking with Tim to set up the install and a tune. My wife just got over that. I .....kiiiiind of....insinuated that the car had a lot of miles on it.....so it needed a tune up? She wants to know why I have to drive so far to have that done, why it's gonna take so long, and why it cost so much? I told her that's just how these new cars are, crazy huh. Well, I just bought a 3.73 getrag set up on lx, she's gonna be pissed now. I got everything I need minus the hubs for better than half price.
bill

Man I’m familiar with this dance. You do nice work! Seems like you've set yourself up for a short stay in the dog house... and some future fun on the street!

I just redid my wife's closet organizer; should be good to get my wheels powder coated.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 6:16 am

ha, I did the closet organizer last year....just before I bought a big fish tank.
bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 6:22 am

You should see 40-50 rwhp with that cam. I know on my Charger I did the sidewinder cam and it definitely woke it up. On a cool day I could brake the tires loose in 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 12:15 pm

funkpolice wrote:
3.73 center with 600 miles
chally axles w/tone rings
driveshaft
coupler and bolts
1350 shipped.
I got it from that Legmaker guy. I see he does a lot of business over there, and most people say he's an honest guy. He told me it just wasn't going to be enough for some monster turbo build he's doing so that's why he's getting rid of it.

Has anyone done the rear end swap themselves? I'm toying with the idea of doing it myself. I've read a couple write ups and it doesn't look that bad, but most things usually don't I guess. How about the upgraded clutch pack. Is it worth it?
bill

I have, with a helper and it's heavy work doing it off of jack stands. You will need a bunch of scissors jacks or alot of strength to raise and lower the rear. I have a little write up on the LX with pics from when I did mine. I went a different route than most do. I assembled it all first and lifted it all together in one massive effort back into the cradle.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 7:48 pm

hmm...should I do a new rear sway bar and bushes? How much of a difference did you experience from these?

I broke the news of my purchase today and it went better than expected. Initially she was irritated, then asked what the fuck I needed that for anyway. I started to say it would help with traction, and before I could put my foot in my mouth she interrupted by reliving her experience driving my car in the snow two years ago. I had her car cuz it needed gas, and she took mine to a store. The exit of the parking lot was an incline and she couldn't get out. I had to guide her through a high speed exit over the phone. She said my car NEEDED to get some better traction in the snow, and the new parts would make her feel better with the girls in the car during the winter. I just said, "exactly" and left. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 7:51 pm

Always use the safety aspect gentleman.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 8:00 pm

ha, she used the safety aspect on herself. I was just about to drop the "Dragstrip" word!

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 8:06 pm

oh man, just got an email and all my Billet Tech stuff just shipped. I'm really pushing it here.
bill
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 8:40 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Always use the safety aspect gentleman.

Always use protection.......
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 8:49 pm

If you plan on going to the strip, I have my old racing wheels and tires that Id sell since I cant use them anymore.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 8:51 pm

what size wheels and kind of wheels?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 8:57 pm

lol, it never stops
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 8:59 pm

they are 17" I think they are Welds with M/H tires, I can remember the size of them but they should to be replaced.

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 9:05 pm

17 X 10 or 17 X 9.5? are they the 5 spoke ones? how much do you want for them?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 9:12 pm

They are kinda 5 spoke and not sure what the width. they're in storage, ill get pics this weekend. Id like $400, that's what I paid a few months ago and only used 1 time
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 9:33 pm

yeah, get me the pics when you get a chance, but I'm pretty sure i'll take em' assuming they are at least 9.5 wide. You'll have to give me a while to get the cash together, probably by the end of the month. I'll let you know. If you need to sell them before then, no worries, I understand. thanks,
bill
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 9:45 pm

Im in no hurry if you want them Ill give you as long as you need. If you want pm me your number and Ill text you pictures of them this weekend. We need to make sure theyll fit over the brembos too
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 9:45 pm

Well if Jessies are gone by then, I will probably have a rear set of Bogarts fs. 17x10 with Hoosier slicks. I'll know by Feb. sometime. I think I'll be needing some 15's and 10.5 slicks with the NOS.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 7:40 pm

Look what I got!
spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. IMG_1562_zps23633dbe

spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. IMG_1566_zps0467732a

I'm getting anxious.
bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 8:09 pm

nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.   spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spending a bunch of money, my wife is gonna kill me.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: