Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

factory fogs

Go down 
+2
Dalegit1
kaotik29
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 3:34 am

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knows how to install the factory fog lights. i bought the kit from dodge and was wondering if anyone knew how to install and wire them up. i've also seen on a couple forums that the car would have to be starscanned after lights are installed. is that expensive.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 4:27 am

Good question I'd like to know as well.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 11:01 am

if done by the dealer it can go from $20 or a full hr labor rate of $100+.The wiring is all plug n play
Back to top Go down
ajp1767
CAMM Rookie

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 12:18 pm

I did this on mine, it's all pretty basic. It took me about an hour and a half maybe. They should have came with instructions, that will pretty much tell you everything. Yes you do have to get the computer flashed, like he said above..i've heard of people getting it done cheap, but when I did it they charged me an hours labor even after I kept telling the guy it doesn't take an hour. Thats just one of those stealership things.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 7:44 pm

Or not unless you know a friend who actually owns a starscan.Ask around you never know
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 7:53 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
Or not unless you know a friend who actually owns a starscan.Ask around you never know
. I don't but wouldn't mind making more friends who are mopar owners. Do u know anyone who has a starscan?
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:58 am

kaotik29 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
. I don't but wouldn't mind making more friends who are mopar owners. Do u know anyone who has a starscan?
Yeah, what he said ... do know of someone with it??
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 10:31 am

well people im getting ready to go to the dealer in a few minutes and find out how much they will charge me to do the install and starscan. hope they dont try and rape me... wish me luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 10:42 am

ajp1767 wrote:
I did this on mine, it's all pretty basic. It took me about an hour and a half maybe. They should have came with instructions, that will pretty much tell you everything. Yes you do have to get the computer flashed, like he said above..i've heard of people getting it done cheap, but when I did it they charged me an hours labor even after I kept telling the guy it doesn't take an hour. Thats just one of those stealership things.

You have to get the ECU flashed for fog lights? LOL!

I thought my Dakota's ECU was a pain in the ass...
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 11:34 am

Well anyone got an arm or a leg because that's about what they want from the stealership!360+
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 12:16 pm

Bunch of Tard's at the stealership.Where you stay by?Maybe you can get someone to help with the install n go around from dealer to dealer until you find one that might charge you $20
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 1:28 pm

i live by lawrence and pulaski. north side chicago. i went to Sherman Dodge they wanted 360$ 120 to get the ECU flashed if i take it in. Marino chrysler jeep dodge wanted 400+ i didnt even want to ask how much to flash the ECU!!! i'll check a couple more stealerships and find out. on the brighter side i just installed my honeycomb grill and cherger emblem. that was a pain in the ass too but not as bad as trying to find a dealer that doesent cost an arm and a leg!!!!!!!!!!! doh
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 1:53 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
i live by lawrence and pulaski. north side chicago. i went to Sherman Dodge they wanted 360$ 120 to get the ECU flashed if i take it in. Marino chrysler jeep dodge wanted 400+ i didnt even want to ask how much to flash the ECU!!! i'll check a couple more stealerships and find out. on the brighter side i just installed my honeycomb grill and cherger emblem. that was a pain in the ass too but not as bad as trying to find a dealer that doesent cost an arm and a leg!!!!!!!!!!! doh

What did those prices include? You can get the whole kit (fog lights, harness, bulbs, and new headlight switch with the fog light button) for $110 off ebay brand new. And install you can do yourself and will take less than 30 minutes. Hell, if we have another install day soon, ill put then in for you for free. You will just have to bring it into the dealer to have the ECM scanned to activate the fogs and that should take a few minutes so at most they should charge you for 1 hour labor.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 1:57 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
kaotik29 wrote:

What did those prices include? You can get the whole kit (fog lights, harness, bulbs, and new headlight switch with the fog light button) for $110 off ebay brand new. And install you can do yourself and will take less than 30 minutes. Hell, if we have another install day soon, ill put then in for you for free. You will just have to bring it into the dealer to have the ECM scanned to activate the fogs and that should take a few minutes so at most they should charge you for 1 hour labor.
i bought the whole kit from dodge. it came with the fogs, wire harness and the new switch plate for inside the car. the only thing is it doesnt have the fog switch. the headlight switch is able to be pushed to turn on/off the fogs.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:00 pm

kaotik29 wrote:

i bought the whole kit from dodge. it came with the fogs, wire harness and the new switch plate for inside the car. the only thing is it doesnt have the fog switch. the headlight switch is able to be pushed to turn on/off the fogs.

Yeah thats the switch I got. You push the knob in and the fog lights come on. Im giving that to Hipo though when I get my halos. So those prices were for installation only and not even the computer flash?
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:01 pm

how far away are you from lawrence and pulaski? maybe i can stop by or you come by my place and we can work on it. i wouldnt mind shooting you some cash.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:03 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
kaotik29 wrote:

Yeah thats the switch I got. You push the knob in and the fog lights come on. Im giving that to Hipo though when I get my halos. So those prices were for installation only and not even the computer flash?
the prices included the flash. sherman dodge wanted 120 to flash my ECU if i took the car with the fogs already install and hooked up.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:05 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
how far away are you from lawrence and pulaski? maybe i can stop by or you come by my place and we can work on it. i wouldnt mind shooting you some cash.

Im not far at all. I live near Grand and Western. If you got all the tools, I can do it by u. The only thing I wont be able to do is the computer flash obviously. Or if I dont have work tomorrow, maybe you can stop by in the morning and we can put your car in my garage. Just a heads up, the fogs will NOT turn on without the computer being flashed.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:10 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
kaotik29 wrote:

Im not far at all. I live near Grand and Western. If you got all the tools, I can do it by u. The only thing I wont be able to do is the computer flash obviously. Or if I dont have work tomorrow, maybe you can stop by in the morning and we can put your car in my garage. Just a heads up, the fogs will NOT turn on without the computer being flashed.
i wouldnt mind stopping by your place. i dont have many tools. the only thing is i got to work tomorrow my only days off are sundays and mondays. unless i call in and get the day off. plus i wouldnt know if i can get off untill 2pm. i work nights 4pm-12:30
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:11 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
the prices included the flash. sherman dodge wanted 120 to flash my ECU if i took the car with the fogs already install and hooked up.

What you can do is call up Marino and ask them what they charge just to flash the computer to activate your fog lights. If the price is higher than Sherman, then ask if they can beat the price. Everybody is hurting for money so if they want your business, they should have to work for it. Plus, the computer flash will take about 10 minutes. Its worth a shot to try and save you a few bucks.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:12 pm

kaotik29 wrote:

i wouldnt mind stopping by your place. i dont have many tools. the only thing is i got to work tomorrow my only days off are sundays and mondays. unless i call in and get the day off. plus i wouldnt know if i can get off untill 2pm. i work nights 4pm-12:30

I should have this Sunday off. Ill PM you later this week.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 2:39 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
kaotik29 wrote:

I should have this Sunday off. Ill PM you later this week.
i just got a call from marino chrysler jeep dodge and the guy told me they would run me 180 installed and flashed. thats funny how they tell me 400 at first then when i talk to someone else i get a lower price. how hard is it to do the halos? thats my next step. i just finished putting in my daytona honeycomb grill. got any bandages for all the scratches on my hands and forearms??!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 3:20 pm

kaotik29 wrote:

i just got a call from marino chrysler jeep dodge and the guy told me they would run me 180 installed and flashed. thats funny how they tell me 400 at first then when i talk to someone else i get a lower price. how hard is it to do the halos? thats my next step. i just finished putting in my daytona honeycomb grill. got any bandages for all the scratches on my hands and forearms??!!!! lol!

That is weird. Well if you get it installed by them, make sure you get the price on paper before you let them take the car. As far as halo's, I have never done them before but I have some on order. Me and Jontoad were gonna install ours at the same time and help each other out and Im hoping Dart would give us a hand as well since he has been through it a couple of times he can give us some pointers.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 3:31 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
kaotik29 wrote:

That is weird. Well if you get it installed by them, make sure you get the price on paper before you let them take the car. As far as halo's, I have never done them before but I have some on order. Me and Jontoad were gonna install ours at the same time and help each other out and Im hoping Dart would give us a hand as well since he has been through it a couple of times he can give us some pointers.

yea im going to stop by tomorrow and get the quote on paper and i also have the voicemail that the guy left me telling me his name and the price quote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

factory fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: factory fogs   factory fogs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

factory fogs
Page 1 of 1