Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag Empty
PostSubject: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2011, 7:50 pm

Todd at Mr. Norm's called me a few times today, as the work to my car progressed. He had my center section out to replace the clutch packs. He asked me if I was aware that there were several more clutches in my upgrade kit than there were in my differential? I go, lol, yeah I hope so. In the stock dif on one side there are 2 huge spacers. These are good for like turning left and right sometimes without binding a wheel.(LSD) In the upgrade kit the extra clutches replace the spacers on that end so that the rearend is now like a Detroit Locker. So now I have a true posi rear. The stock clutches measured 75 lb. ft. and the upgraded clutches are somewhere north of 200+ lb. ft. Both wheels will stay locked together when I launch with no slipping at all, ever.

Then later he called to say that DSS had sent me the wrong half shafts Sad The replacements will be here on Mon. on their dime. He can still keep going on my install and it will still get done on time. I think I need a trailer next, lol.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2011, 8:54 pm

that rear end upgrade sounds awesome Tom. i think I'm getting a wavetrack when I'm ready to upgrade mine though. I'm not going to be pushing anywhere near the bat shit insane power levels you are ever. lol.

i need to replace the clutch packs on my truck's rear end sometime if i can ever stop spending money on the car instead.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2011, 10:29 pm

jontoad wrote:
that rear end upgrade sounds awesome Tom. i think I'm getting a wavetrack when I'm ready to upgrade mine though. I'm not going to be pushing anywhere near the bat shit insane power levels you are ever. lol.

i need to replace the clutch packs on my truck's rear end sometime if i can ever stop spending money on the car instead.

I think a clutchless design like the Wavetrack is a good idea, Jon. I can't swing a Ford 9" with a locker gear in it, so this is an option that allows for the same thing until the clutches wear out.
Back to top Go down
billygoat91
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 9:36 am

Tom

How is the Getrag different than the new Challenger positraction?

I just installed the Wavetrac with the 2010 Challenger half shafts and it seems a lot stronger. The wavetrac says it is adjustable in some manner but there was no documentation on how to do this in the package. It looks like any other center section and there did not seem to be any adjustable components. I presume one could open it up and perhaps add shims but that would be for something with clutch packs. Jon Toad's note says that the Wavetrac does not have clutch packs. Do you know how it works?

Thanks

Bill
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 11:04 am

how does that wavetrack install ??? Do you have to empty your pumpking to install it???
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 11:12 am

nevermind found my answer.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 11:57 am

billygoat91 wrote:
Tom

How is the Getrag different than the new Challenger positraction?

I just installed the Wavetrac with the 2010 Challenger half shafts and it seems a lot stronger. The wavetrac says it is adjustable in some manner but there was no documentation on how to do this in the package. It looks like any other center section and there did not seem to be any adjustable components. I presume one could open it up and perhaps add shims but that would be for something with clutch packs. Jon Toad's note says that the Wavetrac does not have clutch packs. Do you know how it works?

Thanks

Bill

the Getrag is the new challenger rear end.

read about half way down this page there are pictures of what the wavetrack mechanism looks like also...

http://www.unitrax.biz/?p=213
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 1:01 pm

what they said.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 2:46 pm

im getting the wavetrac as well with a 3.73 and the challenger axles....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag   Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgraded clutch packs for the Getrag
Page 1 of 1