Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getrag kit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 3:52 pm

I was working with Bob Miller (Moes Performance) the past few days. We have literally discussed for hours on the phone about different options for rear ends for my Hellbitch. At one point it was looking like a Paramont Performance 9" Ford rear that would have either a Truetrac or if I wanted a Detroit Locker. As it turns out, Bob found me a Getrag kit/w/3.73 gear in it. As of right now there is only ONE more left in the country. There are zero 3.06's left and the 3.92 is way to much$. With the money I saved by not buying that bulletproof setup I also ordered the blue top noids to keep my Nag1 trans from slipping at the drag strip. I'm pissing myself over this one! lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 4:18 pm

Funny, even my profile likes the gear I picked, lol. Posts : 2151 (3.73% of total)
Posts per day : 7.60
Latest post : Fri 4 Jun - 16:14
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 5:54 pm

Congrats, and yes Bob is a super kool guy. I have bought from him in the past.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 6:43 pm

tom if you need my help like last time just let me know
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 6:59 pm

Great rear end you'll love the LSD. When I did mine I thought 3:73 was too steep for what I wanted. I went with the 3:06s instead (along with my 275/ 40/17 DRs) as it is I cant hook up ..LOL. I have one (actually 4) of the pinnion mount bolts you'll need just PM me and I'll send it to you.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 7:47 pm

yea that sounds like way too high a gear for a forced induction LX. you sure you want that?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 9:12 pm

jontoad wrote:
yea that sounds like way too high a gear for a forced induction LX. you sure you want that?

I wanted the locker w/ 4.10. I have to drive it on the hwy. too, not a trailor queen yet. Why do ya think it's too high?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 9:26 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
jontoad wrote:

I wanted the locker w/ 4.10. I have to drive it on the hwy. too, not a trailor queen yet. Why do ya think it's too high?

just remember its mated to a foreign trans. NAG1's are not geared anywhere near where American T-56's are. thats the reason the manual challys with the T-56 get 3.92 gears and the NAG1 SRT8's get 3.06 but have a similar final drive ratio.

3.55 is about as high as i would go on any LX that is mated to a NAG1 auto if you drive it on the street. 3.23 would be perfect for our cars if your gearing for a quarter mile on a NA car. forced induction complicates things as far as gearing is concerned in the quarter mile as closer to the stock 3.06 gear would be better i would think. i really think your just gonna have to shift an extra time and use one more gear than you have to in the quarter with a 3.73. you will also have too much gear to get traction on the street.

and to put that in perspective your talking to someone who loves more gear. i have 4.56's in my truck...
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 9:56 pm

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
jontoad wrote:

just remember its mated to a foreign trans. NAG1's are not geared anywhere near where American T-56's are. thats the reason the manual challys with the T-56 get 3.92 gears and the NAG1 SRT8's get 3.06 but have a similar final drive ratio.

3.55 is about as high as i would go on any LX that is mated to a NAG1 auto if you drive it on the street. 3.23 would be perfect for our cars if your gearing for a quarter mile on a NA car. forced induction complicates things as far as gearing is concerned in the quarter mile as closer to the stock 3.06 gear would be better i would think. i really think your just gonna have to shift an extra time and use one more gear than you have to in the quarter with a 3.73. you will also have too much gear to get traction on the street.

and to put that in perspective your talking to someone who loves more gear. i have 4.56's in my truck...

x2 .... I agree this is a lot of the thought process I went thru when deciding on my rear ends ratio.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2010, 6:44 am

Been doing alot of reading on gears for the Nag1. Great posts on the forums about it. In theory, if that guy knows what he is talking about, the 3.23 or 3.55 even would work best. This was based on 28" slicks in 3rd gear maxed out at the traps.

In practice, the guys that didn't buy into theory put 3.73 and 3.92, some even went 4.10. Forget 3rd now it's all about hitting the power band in 4th gear at the traps on 28's. The 3.73 should work ok. 2950 rpm at 80 mph. If I remember the 3.06 is 2600 at 80. I'll increase rpm by 400 over redline and that should compensate, almost. Hold it in 4th at the traps, if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getrag kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getrag kit   Getrag kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getrag kit
Page 1 of 1