Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?

Go down 
+17
The Black Stig
JacksSRT8
eviltrycycle
Hurst Pak
moaugust88
jontoad
ghost
Iguanaman
irishrt5.7
inkedup
Dartboy
Shawn1112
Illinois Chaos
Okie6.1
Fidostudio
firestartr420
Headtripp
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2011, 9:52 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
I.e. we're all suckers, i really fill sorry for cook county peeps iirc it's damn near .40 cent in just regular sales tax on it!
Its not called CROOK County for nothing.
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 11:17 am

93 is up to $4.07 here. No, I'm not detuning!
Back to top Go down
hawksview
CAMM Member
hawksview

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 6:00 pm

No detune for me.My daughter in memphis has been bugging me for months to sell her my r/t.So i did and went right out and found a very clean one owner 06 srt and brought it home.Took the cash i made on the deal and threw it right in the bank.I can buy alot of gas now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 7:04 pm

I noticed the BP by the house is $.30 cheaper today then when we went to the airport on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
scarbs
CAMM Member
scarbs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 11:48 am

Just jumping in on this casue i need 25 posts to PM.

On my SRT10 i have the SC and one of the tunes i got was to run on 87 which helps out somewhat since MPG is 8/14.
Does the predator have that Never got one for the 300.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 12:00 pm

I'm converting my car to E-85. It's 25% cheaper on average than reg. I burn C-16 now and that shit has got to go. I can make alot more timing and hp with the alc. Plus I can lose my cats because I can pass any emissions test. I don't have to test here in Marengo anyway, but if they pulled me over and tested, I could pass.Pretty cheap to convert, also. The savings in buying fuel alone will pay for it quickly. Not that I'm doing it for that reason.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 6:45 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I'm converting my car to E-85. It's 25% cheaper on average than reg. I burn C-16 now and that shit has got to go. I can make alot more timing and hp with the alc. Plus I can lose my cats because I can pass any emissions test. I don't have to test here in Marengo anyway, but if they pulled me over and tested, I could pass.Pretty cheap to convert, also. The savings in buying fuel alone will pay for it quickly. Not that I'm doing it for that reason.

you will save money over race gas but not over 87-93 octane. e-85 gets horrible gas mileage compared to normal gas. it would have to be 2/3rds the price of normal gas to be worth it and its not. for you it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 9:19 pm

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

you will save money over race gas but not over 87-93 octane. e-85 gets horrible gas mileage compared to normal gas. it would have to be 2/3rds the price of normal gas to be worth it and its not. for you it is worth it.
I assume Tom doesnt really care, he doesnt drive it on the street anymore.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 9:28 pm

Right, I'm doing it for performance gains.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2011, 2:48 pm

Not a chance I have spent time and money to make my ride faster so no turning back!! I am in fact looking for even more power like the other guy said to save $4-$6 per fillup isn't worth it!Also when hot out your power will be even lower while the computer adjusts for spark knock...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?    Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone de tuning until gas prices ease a bit?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3