Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

daytime running lights

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
inkedup
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

daytime running lights Empty
PostSubject: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 3:26 pm

ok there four positions for the head lights (a off parking on

i never since i owned the car took it off of the a position and the lights stayed off until it got dark,nowthey stay on in the daylight .my question is can i turn it off i dont wanna roll with the lights on during the day and i certainly dont want to have to turn on light every night
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 7:20 pm

i have my center console apart could that be why or

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 7:44 pm

No clue bro, Joey or Blackstig may be able to answer that
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 7:52 pm

i was with black stig today..im just puzzled cause befoer in the a possition they oly turned on t night.and if yiou do that evac thing ande look at the settings they used to frapedly change
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:58 am

shouldnt be related to the center console being apart, all the switches and connections and are all on the drivers left side. Are your lights on full power? or do they look like they are half powered (not as bright). I know some of our cars did come with the optional DRL's, however, if i recall correctly, all the DRL's are controlled through the computer. Did you take the switch off for any reason? perhaps you hooked it up wrong, or pinched a wire in the process.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:02 am

another thing to check into are your new LED grille lights. Perhaps you crossed something in that process as well.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 12:10 pm

gotcha,i didnt do my lights myself i had black stig do it .....i'll have to check to see which lights are on when i ull it out of the garage in awhile.maybe the previous owner has that turned off and somehow now its active.one thing for sure ive already made two trips to lakemoor........hopefully not a third .....maybe its a fuse too.idk
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:05 pm

Do you have evic? Did you mess with the light settings?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:15 pm

Yea I'd do have evic.no I didn't mess wirlth it ...but beforethe numbers used to go up and down. Now they show 255 and stay there.weird.ma
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:20 pm

hmmm maybe a reset could do you try messing with them again. Could be the problem. The switch works normally otherwise right?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:23 pm

In the a positionthe only time the lights would come on was when iI got sark.how do i ssafely reset.and will it mess with my custom tune
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:23 pm

In the a positionthe only time the lights would come on was when iI got sark.how do i ssafely reset.and will it mess with my custom tune
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:33 pm

No unhooking the battery shouldn't mess with your tune, its programmed into the PCM and doesn't go away unless you remove it. But before you do that try messing on the EVIC for the numbers and play with the lights in your garage or driveway til you get it where you need it.
Here's what someone had for their settings on their 300c :

LXForum user wrote:
daytime running lights Attachment
AutoHLSens - Number
Current value of the light sensor for the automatic headlight system (instantaneous).

Higher Number = Darker
TC - 2 Numbers
First number is a dampening (averaging) value, the higher the number, the more dampening occurs.

i.e. Higher the dampening value, the longer it will take for the lights to come on when it gets dark and longer it will take for the lights to go off when it gets bright. So if you go through a lot of short tunnels and don't want the lights to keep going on and off, increase this value.

Second number is the damped sensor value.
Thld - A number and up to 2 alphabets
Current threshold value. If damped sensor value exceeds this value, lights will come on. If damped sensor value goes below this value, lights will go off.

A = Automatic Headlights On
H = SmartBeam Automatic High Beam System On
HBduty - Numerical Percentage
Shows the current intensity level of the SmartBeam system, 0% = off, 100% = full high beams.
Available Actions:
♪ Increases dampening value (max out then loop back to lowest value)
> Increases threshold value (max out then loop back to lowest value)

Hope this helps
Steve
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:37 pm

Mine has the a on evic. Can that be turned off.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:57 pm

That means that the auto headlights are on, could be stuck on and might need a sensor replacement. If you mess with the numbers you might be able to make the A go away. Try taking a pic of that EVIC page on your Charger could help.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 3:12 pm

Can't upload pics from my pho.e but my autohl sense 255 rc70 another 255 under 255 theresa a (a) the threshold is 152 and HBO duty 0 ......how do I reset my shitz
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:37 pm

Fiddle with it or disconnect the battery, best answers I could give you. If not then you'll have to go to the dealership to fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:41 pm

So disconnect the negative .right and I wont lose my tune or settings for fans
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:19 pm

Yes and pretty sure you won't lose any tune settings if you disconnect the battery. Actually you will reset your trans adaptives as well.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 8:23 pm

well i did it and the car blew up,,,kidding well nothing changed .so in the a position all the lights are on.and now the passenger halos are flickering i wiggled the wire and they came on and off,also i have my corners removeed due to damage ,when the corner light wire is tucked in the fender the halos are of but if i put them kinda where there supposed to be they are ok ill post what the cluster looks like now.......
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 8:31 pm

daytime running lights Fucked10
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 8:32 pm

sos ....help scratch
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:03 pm

Looks like the sensor could be bad.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 6:51 am

Where Is that located
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 7:10 am

Try increasing/decreasing values with the steering wheel buttons. Write down your current settings and then push the music button and the > button.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: daytime running lights   daytime running lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

daytime running lights
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next