Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights

Go down 
+5
inkedup
ChicagoSRT8
chicagovich
xegitalian19xx
jgraun
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights Empty
PostSubject: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2012, 12:00 pm

I got my bonus check and using it for christmas but whatever is left is goin to the charger, and was thinkin about buying one of those black out covers for the headlights and tail lights. was just wondering if anyone has put them on and how you think it would look? and is ther any laws against them?
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2012, 12:03 pm

Get some VHT nightshades & Clearcoat along with someone who knows how to paint and it'll look a lot nicer than the stick-on covers....and it's illegal if its too dark, but 9 times out of 10 you won't get pulled over for them.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2012, 6:52 am

You can also give this a look. These tints looks real nice and are pretty easy to do; take your time- they're forgiving. You can also do the tails, but it's much harder. Mine have been on for a year and still look great; just remember to wax now and then.

http://www.headlightarmor.com/11-12-dodge-charger-headlight-protection-kit.aspx
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2012, 7:49 am

I'm sure they're illegal everywhere just don't go super dark and make sure you can still see the brake lights when you hit your brakes. For everyone's safety.
And be ready to pay the fines if and when you get ticketed.
Cops will pull you over for this. Good excuse to stop you.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 5:34 pm

i had mine done by a guy in plainfield il ,he did a great job and only charger me 75 bucks night shade in my opinion sucks.my guy paul used the briallant black paint on mine matching the body color and cleared them too.and the light are totally visible anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights Ass10

Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 5:36 pm

mwa on here can hook you up with painting too and he dos great work
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 11:45 am

inkedup wrote:
i had mine done by a guy in plainfield il ,he did a great job and only charger me 75 bucks night shade in my opinion sucks.my guy paul used the briallant black paint on mine matching the body color and cleared them too.and the light are totally visible anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights Ass10

WHY ARE YOU TALKING SHIT ABOUT NITESHADES! lol. the only thing i use for tinting tail lights is niteshades.
and of course i clear coat them with a high quality clear coat.. since you are kind of on the edge of getting it done , i suggest you use some type of tail light tint film so incase you dont like it you can go back
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 7:13 pm

yeah painting would be cool but i am worried that i could get pulled over and find out its illegal, i found a GTS smoked kit (head and tail lights) but its like $180ish buck so i might buy those and if i dont lik them or something i can try selling them
Back to top Go down
TechnoJunky
CAMM Rookie
TechnoJunky

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2014, 7:28 am

I haven't bought them yet, but there shouldn't be any tickets given for these.
http://www.carid.com/2009-dodge-charger-headlights/spyder-ccfl-halo-led-projector-headlights-25510724.html
http://www.carid.com/2009-dodge-charger-taillights/spyder-led-tail-lights-4430915.html
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2014, 9:21 pm

You should be ok I have everything blacked out on my car now headlights are smoked no tickets
Back to top Go down
94cruiser
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2014, 12:37 pm

inkedup wrote:

looks nice
$75 great price IMHO
Back to top Go down
VAGABON
CAMM Member
VAGABON

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 7:57 pm

Only real problem is if you live out in the sticks you don't always have ample lighting on the road unless you keep your sport lights clear.
I noticed that when i drive in the way out burbs/country roads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights   anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone blackout tail lights/ head lights
Page 1 of 1