Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remote Starter installed

Go down 
+2
HemiMag
firestartr420
6 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Remote Starter installed Empty
PostSubject: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 6:03 pm

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought my remote starter. I got the OEM remote starter, came with 2 new key fobs! Havent needed to use it yet, but i tested it when i got home and I already love it!! For anyone interested in a remote starter, I would suggest going with the OEM one, since it was made specifically for our cars. Just wanted to share my excitement... can't wait until i get to truly use it for the first time tomorrow morning!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 6:19 pm

I love my Clifford remote starter too. What I really want is a Viper smart start
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 9:10 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought my remote starter. I got the OEM remote starter, came with 2 new key fobs! Havent needed to use it yet, but i tested it when i got home and I already love it!! For anyone interested in a remote starter, I would suggest going with the OEM one, since it was made specifically for our cars. Just wanted to share my excitement... can't wait until i get to truly use it for the first time tomorrow morning!
Dealer bullshit!!!!! OEM usually means bend over and take it in the ass. Most dealers, probably 90% or higher use a mobile alarm guy to install these products that they call OEM. It doesnt mean it was meant for the car it means its compatible with your OEM fob. The problem is dealers use the old scare tactic "if you have somene else install a remote start it voids your warranty" again bullshit!!! So you mean to say if your suspension goes bad and your car is still under warranty its voided because of an aftermarket alarm system???? If you dont mind me asking and you dont have to say, what did they charge for this OEM product???
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 9:14 pm

im guessing $600 bucks
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 10:00 pm

its a little more than just a new key fob.... I have a new ignition switch (where i put the fob). It disables the automatic headlights until i place the key in the ignition, secures the car (locks the doors, locks the shift). "Factory Installed" remote starter basically. 2 brand spanking new key fobs. As for the price. When i got the initial quote, it was upwards of around $600, when was said and done, walked out the door for a little over $400.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 10:07 pm

^^ no offenses but you got fucked over. Viper alarm with smart start,dual action shock sensor and all the things you listed above plus more installed $500 and if you have n iPhone , blackberry or any smart phone that would've been your new key fob!!! You can program it to turn on your butt earners if you wanted too ....
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 10:21 pm

HemiMag wrote:
^^ no offenses but you got fucked over. Viper alarm with smart start,dual action shock sensor and all the things you listed above plus more installed $500 and if you have n iPhone , blackberry or any smart phone that would've been your new key fob!!! You can program it to turn on your butt earners if you wanted too ....

not sure how that would have worked on mine. Considering, I've got an 09, which happens to have the mercedes style computer chip key fob. I don't actually have a "key". Also, from what i've read (not told by the dealer), with my having the computer chip type fob, i need the computer to flashed with an update telling it that I have a remote starter.

this is my "key" Remote Starter installed Photo235
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 10:28 pm

All that's needed is a bypass module that's all...
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 10:41 pm

HemiMag wrote:
All that's needed is a bypass module that's all...
personally, i dont like the idea of bypassing any of the security things on this car. Everything is controlled by the computer, from the headlights, to the heated seats, to the god damn door locks (I can't lock the doors if one door is open kinda thing). The last thing I would want would be for some bypass module to fuck up, not recognize my key, and completely disable the vehicle (thats what happens if you try to place the car in gear without the chip present). With this one, should anything go wrong, im covered under my factory warranty, which i've still got about a year and a half on, then another 4 years on the extended warranty.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 12:20 am

Like stated above don't be fooled by the stealership telling you it will void warranty....The only point I'm trying to make is that you said OEM is better than aftermarket alarm...This I disagree on. I see it's your preference but not the nest one out there.That's all il saying...Trust me these Alarm companies are way past your thinking when it comes to key fob chip programmer,etc ....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 12:49 pm

Like Ivan said you could have gotten more and a better system for your money. Do you not think the dealer had to use some sort of bypass or extra module??? Believe me they did and then some, I used to install alrms and remote start so I can speak from exp. I can guarantee you they used the cheapest system out there, when i installed we had dealer accounts (big time dealers, wont mention names) and they wanted the cheapest thing possible so there was more profit. If something were to go wrong on an aftermarket remote start or your dealer remote start, your car will be disabled with both. 90% of the time you can pull the fuse from the brain and your car will start to get it back to the shop or dealer. Why did the dealer drop the price $200? I will tell you why. Most mobile installers charge between $60-$100 for installation, alarm systems on the cheap end cost about between $50-$75, and on a high end system cost is no more than $200 with all the bells and whistles. You or I couldnt purchase for that price, but dealers and alarm shops can and do. The mark up on these products are huge, the average "joe" doesnt know this. A good friend on mine, actually the guy who taught me how to install still owns a shop to this day. He isnt hurting money wise in the least bit.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 2:47 pm

well jeeze guys, I wasnt expecting to get this much shit over this. Was just a little excited about my new mod like everyone else and i wanted to share. I never said this remote starter was any better than any other aftermarket one, was simply saying, its nice for the, what appears to be, seamless hookup with the car, no need for a seperate remote or a stupid smart phone or anything to make it work. as for the differences in price, it wasn't like they changed the price because they liked my smiling face or anything, it was just a matter of mis-quoting a price. Either way, im happy with my purchase, i just wish i would have done it sooner. But nows, its on to the next set of mods.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 3:19 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
well jeeze guys, I wasnt expecting to get this much shit over this. Was just a little excited about my new mod like everyone else and i wanted to share. I never said this remote starter was any better than any other aftermarket one, was simply saying, its nice for the, what appears to be, seamless hookup with the car, no need for a seperate remote or a stupid smart phone or anything to make it work. as for the differences in price, it wasn't like they changed the price because they liked my smiling face or anything, it was just a matter of mis-quoting a price. Either way, im happy with my purchase, i just wish i would have done it sooner. But nows, its on to the next set of mods.

Well I think it's awesome that you got it done. Ivan and Shawn are just diks, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 3:24 pm

Sorry if you are taking this the wrong way, I'm glad your happy with it. I think Ivan and I were just telling you that the dealers are full of shit and are the biggest crooks around. I just hate seeing people that dont know any better get shafted by a car dealer.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 4:10 pm

^^^ like Shawn stated , we were just sharing some info. Congrats on your new mod regarless and I'm sure it's your money well spent!!!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 5:55 pm

well i know the dealership rips people off... i dont usually go there for much of anything but warranty work.. i did however get a free oil change out of the whole deal... they never charged me for it...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2011, 8:42 pm

Popcorn
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 7:38 am

firestartr420 wrote:
HemiMag wrote:

not sure how that would have worked on mine. Considering, I've got an 09, which happens to have the mercedes style computer chip key fob. I don't actually have a "key". Also, from what i've read (not told by the dealer), with my having the computer chip type fob, i need the computer to flashed with an update telling it that I have a remote starter.

this is my "key" Remote Starter installed Photo235

If your key fob is like mine, the key is contained by the fob. It's inside it. I'm sure you knew that.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 9:19 am

yeah, ive got a little metal shank for the driver door lock, and trunk. but thats all it does.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 1:17 pm

i must say though, I prefer OEM Remote Starts over aftermarket ones. A.M. never really work like a factory one, although you get more features. At the same time R.S. = people being lazy lol got sit n the car wait for it to warm up and chill to some goo d music.

With that being said I'm working on an 256 bit RFID based Push Button start/Remote start combo and it will have a turbo/cool down timer Smile
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 9:37 am

the only option i wish this one had that other aftermarket ones offers is the option to turn on my heated seats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter installed   Remote Starter installed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote Starter installed
Page 1 of 1