Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remote Starter

Go down 
+3
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
Solow 300
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 4:55 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a brand mopar remote starter?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 6:10 pm

No, but I have a guy that can hook u up with a good price. Why do you want a Mopar remote start?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 6:15 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
No, but I have a guy that can hook u up with a good price. Why do you want a Mopar remote start?

Can your buddy hook up the remote starter so it uses the OEM keyfob? Maybe have it start when I hit the panic button or something. I want a remote starter but I dont want anything else on my keys.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 7:08 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

don't know how true it is but deal told me an aftermarket one would void my warranty other wise I would get one
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 8:08 pm

if you get a mopar remote start and have someone else install it, it also voids your warranty, or so they say. I'll tell you a little something about dealers, they dont even do their own installs! They send the cars out or have a mobile guy come do them. They only pay between $85.00-$125.00 for the remote start and installation!! Then they charge you sometimes triple that. As far as voiding your warranty its just a scare tactic they use. If something fucks up on your car is under warranty they have to prove the remote start caused the problem. So lets say your exhaust falls off and its under warranty, are you going to tell me they wont fix it cause you have an after market remote start???? I use to install alarms for dealers when I worked at Ziebart, I know all the little bullshit mind games they play!! If you go to a good alarm shop they will give you a lifetime warranty on what they install, so you should have no worries. Bryan I know u live by the Northside stay away from the alarm shop on Milwaukee by 6 corners, that guy sells the cheapest shit on the market and half his installers are idiots. Let me know if you want my buddies number or I can get a price for you on Thursday, I'm taking my wifes car to him for window tint!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 8:10 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Can your buddy hook up the remote starter so it uses the OEM keyfob? Maybe have it start when I hit the panic button or something. I want a remote starter but I dont want anything else on my keys.
Sorry bro, this cant be done. But with the remote start you will get a new remote that has all the same functions. Or you can get the remote start with alarm and pager like I have.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 8:19 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
if you get a mopar remote start and have someone else install it, it also voids your warranty, or so they say. I'll tell you a little something about dealers, they dont even do their own installs! They send the cars out or have a mobile guy come do them. They only pay between $85.00-$125.00 for the remote start and installation!! Then they charge you sometimes triple that. As far as voiding your warranty its just a scare tactic they use. If something fucks up on your car is under warranty they have to prove the remote start caused the problem. So lets say your exhaust falls off and its under warranty, are you going to tell me they wont fix it cause you have an after market remote start???? I use to install alarms for dealers when I worked at Ziebart, I know all the little bullshit mind games they play!! If you go to a good alarm shop they will give you a lifetime warranty on what they install, so you should have no worries. Bryan I know u live by the Northside stay away from the alarm shop on Milwaukee by 6 corners, that guy sells the cheapest shit on the market and half his installers are idiots. Let me know if you want my buddies number or I can get a price for you on Thursday, I'm taking my wifes car to him for window tint!

Sounds good Shawn get a price for me
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:02 pm

What exactly do you want?? Only remote start, or do you want remote start with alarm? Like I told Joey, I have remote start with alarm and pager. The pager is built into your remote, so if your alarm is going off the remote starts beeping. Its good for if your at the mall or movies or just a heavy sleeper!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:09 pm

I just talked to by buddy Mike on the phone. When his web-site is complete I'm gonna get him on here as a vendor.

Remote start only $250.00
Remote start w/alarm $300.00
Remote start w/alarm and pager $350.00

He uses top of the line products and backs his work with a lifetime warranty.
Not like the dealers who use the cheapest shit they can find!!
I have known him about 15yrs and he is good at what he does.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:20 pm

Hmmm not bad. Might be something for me to get done after Christmas.

Thanks for posting the info Shawn and let me know when he is ready to become a vendor.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 2:09 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
I just talked to by buddy Mike on the phone. When his web-site is complete I'm gonna get him on here as a vendor.

Remote start only $250.00
Remote start w/alarm $300.00
Remote start w/alarm and pager $350.00

He uses top of the line products and backs his work with a lifetime warranty.
Not like the dealers who use the cheapest shit they can find!!
I have known him about 15yrs and he is good at what he does.

Hey shawn, would that be the price for my type of key too because i have an 08 charger and the key is not a regular type of key. does that make sense??
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 6:31 am

I can ask him tomorrow when I see him. It should be the same, if anything no more than a $50.00 difference. They make modules now a days so you can do anything.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 7:44 am

My Intrepid has an aftermarket remote start (installed at a dealer in MI). My passenger's side doorlocks have gone out twice. The first time, the dealer covered it and the second time, they blamed it on the aftermarket remote start. So now I can't unlock/lock the passenger's side with the key fob.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 12:29 pm

HiPwr wrote:
My Intrepid has an aftermarket remote start (installed at a dealer in MI). My passenger's side doorlocks have gone out twice. The first time, the dealer covered it and the second time, they blamed it on the aftermarket remote start. So now I can't unlock/lock the passenger's side with the key fob.
I havent really done alarms in quite a while (10-12yrs ago) but it sounds like it could be the module on the remote start going bad. When you had the remote start installed, the remote they gave you did they hook up your door locks to that? If so I'm willing to bet the remote start module or a relay is going bad. If not then you have an electrical problem, the alarm/remote start would not cause your locks to malfunction.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 12:41 pm

Unfortunately, it was the previous owner that had it installed. So I have no idea what was done. The remote start aspect does work fine, however.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 3:02 pm

The remote start could still work. Does the same fob that u start the car with also lock and unlock the doors??? If so it could be a bad relay, if I'm not mistaking you have to run a relay on that car for the door locks. If thats the case it could be an easy fix, maybe 20 bucks and 10 minutes of work. Relays going bad over that amount of time is very possible
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 5:10 pm

Thanks Shawn I called a friend that works at a shop he said he would give me this one for 325 installed.I just want it to start the car nothing else i'm not gonna have it hooked up to the door locks or anything.
[img]Remote Starter 4702v10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2009, 8:24 pm

Viper is ok, you are really paying for the name. The only bad part of not getting it hooked up to the door locks, is that you have to carry 2 remotes. Just make sure you are getting a lifetime warranty on parts and labor!
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 5:56 pm

Just saw this topic
Joey DEI (viper, hornet, python they own alot of companies now)
makes an "add on remote start only" I have installed it in the past
but you are limited to the range of your stock keyless remote
that is why it is better to go with a stand alone remote start.

Also solow300 you should ask your buddy prestige makes a
1 button remote start that only starts the car. If you are using
both keyfobs with the keyless there is a chance to "confuse" the
car or the remote starter and cause them to mess up.
I too have a buddy that does remote starts and I do them too
(not to step on shawns toes).
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 6:00 pm

Oh and Shawn is right about dealerships they try to scare you
into getting the remote start done by them. They can't void your
warrenty for adding aftermarket accesories it is actually against
the law (moss-magnus act) the only way they could say something is
if the installer totally messes up and hacks the wires.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 6:17 pm

I totally forgot you also do these things Rudy. There you go people someone that is up to date with modern technology. Like I said I havent done alarms in 10-12 yrs.
Rudy that add on remote start is garbage from what I hear. My buddy who owns a shop wont even fuck with them.
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2009, 7:45 pm

Yeah I don't like those add on starters either
no range and they don't always trigger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remote Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter   Remote Starter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote Starter
Page 1 of 1