Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remote Starter?!?

Go down 
+3
kaotik29
AlterEgo
firestartr420
7 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2009, 11:32 pm

Ok, so you guys have been the best of help so far for me, and i'm sure you'll be of great assistance on this question ive got.... Im looking into getting a remote starter. Im thinking of going genuine MoPar on this one since I think there might be a conflict with my computer and computer chip key. If I went with mopar, would I be best suited to get the dealership to install it, or should i attempt to do it myself, or perhaps one of you car guru's wanted a small saturday project... If i don't need to go with mopar, which remote starter would you suggest? Im also curious if it would be possible to wire in the seat heaters with the remote starter, so that when i get the car roaring in the cold winter mornings, my seats will be nice and toasty when i place my bottom upon its suple leather...
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 1:15 am

I like the way this boy thinks. I would like to know the same question although since I don't drive my car in the winter the whole seat heater thingy I wouldn't want just the remote start so I can compete with Vic.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 2:32 am

its a big pain in the ass for an after market remote starter. especially for the 08' and up. they have a different key. i plan on going with the dealer mopar one and also let them install it so if any problems, its under warranty!! some alarms places quoted me around $600 for the alarm and remote starter. And best buy told me 800. yea fucking right!!! i prefer the dealer myself. just my .02c
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 11:49 am

Let me talk to my guy who owns an alarm shop. I have an 06 and when he did mine I had to get an extra key (cause I only had 1). He has a locksmith that can make a key for like $80 and he programs it. $600-$800 is crazy in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 11:58 am

Ok I just got of the phone with him, he said 08-09 are a little harder but he has the new module's to do them. $450.00 out the door, this also includes an alarm. he said he will look in to doing the seats he has never done it but he will make some calls. This guy is a really good friend of mine, I've known him 15yrs so he is no fly by night shop. He taught me how to do sounds and alarms back in the day. I tried getting the price lower but he cant cause these modules cost alot of money.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 2:14 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Ok I just got of the phone with him, he said 08-09 are a little harder but he has the new module's to do them. $450.00 out the door, this also includes an alarm. he said he will look in to doing the seats he has never done it but he will make some calls. This guy is a really good friend of mine, I've known him 15yrs so he is no fly by night shop. He taught me how to do sounds and alarms back in the day. I tried getting the price lower but he cant cause these modules cost alot of money.

Hey Shawn that remote start and alarm that i have do you know how much he charges for just installs i have decided to keep it and just have it installed...
Back to top Go down
magwag
CAMM Rookie
magwag

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 3:34 pm

Aftermarket isnt as difficult as some might think if you have the right parts

This is the module your going to need
http://ifar.ca/en/products/evo/evo-chr/

It covers all lx years including the new style key. Only requires one key to program. Its also one of the easy and fastest one I have install. The only parts a pain in the ass is getting the key cylinder out on the 05-07.

As for remote starters, I have had good luck using anything audiovox makes either prestige or code alarm brand. We just started carrying crimestopper. They didnt have a very good reputation a while ago but they them to make a nice turn around.

I just recently installed crimestoppers 2 way touch screen alarm/remote starter in my car. and so far I like it I would change a few of the button layouts.

prestige
http://amdistributors.com/mobile-catalog/summer2008/Audiovox%20Security%2018.pdf

code alarm
http://amdistributors.com/mobile-catalog/summer2008/Codealarm-Flashlogic%2019.pdf

crimestopper
http://www.crimestopper.com/2009/main.htm

here is what I install in my car

the module is 90% just plug and play. There is only a total of 5 wires that have to be wire in with your factory wiring
Remote Starter?!? IMG_0005

All wired up ready to get installed in the car.
Remote Starter?!? IMG_0011

The remotes
Remote Starter?!? IMG_0008

Close up of the touch remote
Remote Starter?!? IMG_0009

Im not sure about all the vendor/ selling good rules. But I can get anyone anything alarm/remote start related as cheap if not cheaper than any shop around.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 11:49 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Hey Shawn that remote start and alarm that i have do you know how much he charges for just installs i have decided to keep it and just have it installed...
You have to give me the brand and exactly what you have. You might think you have everything, but you might not. Once I have that I can ask him
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 7:50 pm

I will be keeping an eye on this thread cause I need one for my car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remote Starter?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Starter?!?   Remote Starter?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote Starter?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: