Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fogs and High Beams...

Go down 
+5
HiPwr
HemiMag
Shawn1112
DA H.N.I.C.
firestartr420
9 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Fogs and High Beams... Empty
PostSubject: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2009, 10:40 pm

ok... so here is a question for you folks who know the electrical systems... i would like to know, if possible, how to get my fog lights to remain on when i switch to my high beams.... They remain on when you just flash the highs, but if you lock the highs on, the fogs turn off... is it anything like the front blinker mod?.....
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 6:24 am

You have to hook it up to a StarScan or Starmobile. There's a subcategory on there entitled "export" mode. Turn that on.

It basically changes your car to the European version where the fogs remain on even when the high beams are turned on.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 6:44 am

And where does a person get this??????
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 6:46 am

Dealership.

You can buy a Starmobile, but the cheapest one I've ever seen was still $3000
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 11:35 am

Just go to a dealer,if you guys know someone working there even better since most dealers charge just to do this!!!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 11:41 am

Why would anyone turn on their high beams in the fog? Do the Europeans have different fog than we have?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 8:12 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Why would anyone turn on their high beams in the fog? Do the Europeans have different fog than we have?

there is no situation where both would need to work. not even when trying to look cool, no one should be around when your using high beams.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 8:59 pm

OMG you are all to funny... the reason for having the high beams on and the fogs honestly is for better visibility i had a Hyundai tiburon that was hooked up to do this and the visibility is amazing when they are all on... not only do you get the really bright far distance but you get the really bright directly on the street as well...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 9:02 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
OMG you are all to funny... the reason for having the high beams on and the fogs honestly is for better visibility i had a Hyundai tiburon that was hooked up to do this and the visibility is amazing when they are all on... not only do you get the really bright far distance but you get the really bright directly on the street as well...

your fogs don't help you for long distance light like the hi beams are for. also your high beams are not supposed to be on any time you need fog lights because the high beams would basicly blind you in fog by reflecting off the water particles. this is the reason both don't work at the same time. to avoid idiots from blinding themselves by thinking more light is better.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 9:49 pm

I second Jon! The High Beams will just reflect off Fog. Yeah it's bright, but it doesn't cut thru it!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 10:18 pm

im not talking about in the fog that would be stupid... just in normal driving... and if you read what i said it mentions that the distance would be from the high beams and the bright street would be from the fogs...

doh
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 10:45 pm

Suspect

Popcorn

Whistle
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:53 pm

alright... my reasoning behind wanting to do this is for better night visibility... the more light at night the better... and just to piss people off when they want to drive with their high beams on... the ones who think the blue indicator light on their dash means their lights are simply on... I know all about the reflecting off the fog and getting that fog blind... what i just want is the fogs to remain on when i turn my high beams on... i would still maintain full control of the fogs with my headlight switch in the car and such... so the next question is... anyone friends with a guy at a dealership that might wanna take care of this for me free of charge haha... cash is tight with me during these hard economic times...
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 7:23 pm

How about just getting Brighter Fogs? eh
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 9:07 pm

my lights are already pretty bright (35w 8000K HID for fogs and low beams), but i want MORE....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fogs and High Beams...   Fogs and High Beams... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fogs and High Beams...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: