Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to get HALO's installed?

Go down 
+8
ojilla
firestartr420
RT!st!C
Shawn1112
HiPwr
Dartboy
Illinois Chaos
Fidostudio
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

Where to get HALO's installed? Empty
PostSubject: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 1:18 am

So I don't suppose there is anywhere around the burbs that does HALO installs. I just can't get up the nerve to do it myself!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 5:44 am

Do them at a mod day. You would have lot's of help.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 8:56 am

if you found a shop...they would probally charge you $600-800 to install!!!! affraid
with putting them in the lights and run the wiring and all...
without any snags its about a 7-8 hr install time...
so $85-100 per hr... at a custom shop...
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 8:57 am

does anyone know of a place in chicagoland (a pro shop) that does install them? what do they charge?
I'm curious!

Last edited by Dartboy on July 19th 2010, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 9:06 am

Wow, OK then. Mod day it is.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 9:38 am

Dartboy wrote:
does anyone know of a place in chicagoland (a pro shop) that does install them? what do they charge?

Last time I was at the dentist, I asked him how much he charges to install halos and the guy looked at me like I was out of my mind.

I'll keep asking people.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 9:47 am

Dartboy wrote:
Camm installs them!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 11:02 am

Dartboy wrote:
if you found a shop...they would probally charge you $600-800 to install!!!! affraid
with putting them in the lights and run the wiring and all...
without any snags its about a 7-8 hr install time...
so $85-100 per hr... at a custom shop...

damn, you should advertise!
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 11:40 am

lol yeah I know shawn...

but never heard of a shop doing them (installing in headlight and wiring up and all...from start to finish!)...and wondering what they charge, or would charge!!

yeah we do em on mod days....but its usually takes the whole time to do em...and can only do ONE set a day..
so really couldnt do 2 or 3 sets at one mod day!

last time we did 2.. we were finishing just the install on joeys at 4am!! and that wasnt with all the power hooked up just the install!!

and in between the CAMM MOD days, is quite a few weeks in between...or someone cant make it that day...or want them installed right away and cant wait...

joe and I are doing sublimes on the 1st, at my place...and since it wasnt a mod day and taking the whole day to do it joe and I ...are charging him for it, and splitting the cost....
the way alot of people want em,and other stuff done,and installs..Joe and I may start a side business and call it "Chroe's Installs " (chris and joe) or "Joris Installs" lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 12:00 pm

Where to get HALO's installed? Chrowinstalls

Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 12:19 pm

Great, now it's gonna cost us Smile
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 12:49 pm

if its a mod day I never mind doing work for people...when there alot of other helping
and also have other people getting stuff done...and its the whole crew helping others...

or if someone comes by my place and needs a CAI intake installed that takes 10 mins=free,or a catch can..
or something easy, no problem!!

but times are tough right now,and I could always use a buck
and if I have to take a whole day away from my family..and use the one day I basicly have off
and I never met the person, or just met them once at a car show and they come on just to have the halos installed for them
and they have never hung with the CAMM crew..or have come to a mod day or BBQ..

and just want a free install..
Evil or Very Mad nope, gotta charge something... and believe me its NOTHING compared to what a shop would charge!!!

for instance...
the rings for lights and fogs = $340 ....
if you order them preeinstalled in the lights = $700
then have a shop take apart the car and wire them up = $500

so thats $1200 for the lights (installed) and a shop to install them!!

if you got the lights and I put em in (on a NON mod day) and say I/Joe charge $300...thats $640
HUGE difference!

if you know me ....I AM ALWAYS WILLING to help someone out.....
tons of people on here know I have helped others..
with work on their rides,photoshop stuff,parts off my ride and GIVE to others...
and I glaldy do it.... but I dont want to be taken advantage of!

so YES somethings I do, I will charge for!! ALOT of stuff I dont!!!!!!!!

but always willing to help a CAMM member out!!!!!

Last edited by Dartboy on July 19th 2010, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 12:55 pm

and kinda like one of your beautiful pieces of art....
I would never ask for one for free...

or ask you to do one for me that I knew took you HRS to complete
and then not want to compensate you for your time and effort!

(and I do love your art...gorgous stuff!!!)
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 3:53 pm

I totally understand!! I was soooo kidding BTW

Is it worth getting a catch can for a 3.5? I might take ya up on that until I have the dough for the HALO's. On a Mod day of course. As soon as travel baseball is over we will definitely be coming out.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 4:22 pm

besides from doing a halo install, im always willing to give a helping hand on the install of some parts... and Im pretty close to ya being in niles, so if you ever need a helping hand on something just send me a message...
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 4:33 pm

Awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 6:15 pm

Fidostudio wrote:

Is it worth getting a catch can for a 3.5?

I think so...definetly... if it saves your engine from alot of junk,I think its worth it... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ojilla
CAMM Member
ojilla

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 1:47 am

That is crazy! I just PM'd Joe about getting my halos installed. I kinda just had bad luck with the past 2 or 3 mod days getting rained out. Either way I would've felt bad being new to CAMM and requesting such a labor intensive mod w/o compensating someone for it. I mean I was going to bring modelos, but that doesn't seem like enough. I still think that its crazy people here at CAMM do it for free.

Oh by the way there is a shop in glendale heights called customsprayz that quoted me $600 for 6 ring install.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 2:00 am

ojilla joe and I would gladly help ya....
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2010, 7:02 am

If I where you I would have Joey and dart do them they have allready done a few and really know what there doing. 300 is not much considering that it takes close to 12 hours. I was set for next week end and I got the aac thinking it was the green blind rings but they where the none LEDs so I got to reorder them ow well but when I get them Joey and dart are for shure going to install them gladly pay them 300 plus tip
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2010, 7:07 am

yeah wanted to install the rings in the extra housings today....and install em for ya next weekend...

wanted to try and break it up ...acouple hrs here, acouple hours there...

so now just do a whole day job at it... but youll have your halos Sublime thumbsup yeah baby
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 6:53 am

Well I hope the get here I oreded the led ones so let's hope they get here in time they siad they will nut we will see I'll keep posting Joe to let you know. Thanks agian dart and Joe for all the good info And all the help
Back to top Go down
Rudeboi r/t
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2010, 12:17 am

Hey guys, I was wondering when the next time there will be just a CAMM get together so i can actually introduce myself. I have been looking online for the last 6 mnths for halo's and a shop that has a resenable price. I forund a company in texas that will do the install in the headlight housing but it is $700 Shocked affraid . I just do not know what there work will be like after its installed.

I have heard from Inked up that Dartboy is a master and that he has no one that compares to his work.

I was wondering if it would be best if i order the halo kit's and try make arrangments to get them installed.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2010, 6:44 am

You might want to pm Darty, Him and Liljoe can do it for probably half of what you were quoted. Or you can wait till next summer and do them at a mod night.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 12:04 pm

I have acouple installs comin up.... ( that why I got the portable heater in the garage Very Happy )

joes been busy...so will be doing all the work myself...plus the persons car I will be working on will HAVE to help me alittle (need 2 hands for some parts)... may ask my buddy across the street to help with the wiring, while I do the lights and fogs....

I got plum933s car to do and also ojillas...

will be doin in the next week or so....

Last edited by Dartboy on November 5th 2010, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to get HALO's installed?   Where to get HALO's installed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to get HALO's installed?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next