Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll - What finish?

Go down 
+12
Snappy Bitch
Illinois Chaos
jontoad
chargerchick
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
eviltrycycle
HemiMag
irishrt5.7
Headtripp
xegitalian19xx
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What Finish?
Matte Black
Poll - What finish? I_vote1219%Poll - What finish? I_vote13
 19% [ 4 ]
Gloss Black
Poll - What finish? I_vote1210%Poll - What finish? I_vote13
 10% [ 2 ]
Satin Black (little shine)
Poll - What finish? I_vote1262%Poll - What finish? I_vote13
 62% [ 13 ]
Black Chrome
Poll - What finish? I_vote129%Poll - What finish? I_vote13
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Poll - What finish? Empty
PostSubject: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 8:58 am

Well as most of you know i'm going to get my rims powder coated once the weather gets a little bit better. I have an idea in which route I want to go, but wanted to get your opinions as well for what black finish I should get on my ride.

Thanks!
Anthony
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 9:04 am

Satin black would look good so would matte
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 9:29 am

I am saying matte to go w/ the rest of the black on your car...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 9:41 am

I'd say the same.Satin black.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:46 am

I was thinking satin as well....just that little bit of shine....should match the rest of my parts too since they aren't completely flat black either...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:51 am

Yea its going to look sweet.What finish do they have now???
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:51 am

Voted satin, a little bit of shine goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:52 am

Satin.........not too much shine, not too flat either.....
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 11:12 am

HemiMag24s wrote:
Yea its going to look sweet.What finish do they have now???

They are currently unfinished aluminum with black painted pockets....The unfinished aluminum pitted over this winter due to the salt, so i'm getting them powder coated so they can hopefully hold up a bit better than they did....I have a feeling they will do a lot better!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 11:22 am

Are you keeping the face machined and the pockets satin or the other way around...I think it would look sick with machine polished pockets and satin face...
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 11:36 am

HemiMag24s wrote:
Are you keeping the face machined and the pockets satin or the other way around...I think it would look sick with machine polished pockets and satin face...

I'm not keeping anything machined at all....That is the part that pitted and got all nasty from the winter so i'm just going to do the whole rim since I don't have space or money to keep a second set of wheels & tires around for the winter....
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 11:43 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

I'm not keeping anything machined at all....That is the part that pitted and got all nasty from the winter so i'm just going to do the whole rim since I don't have space or money to keep a second set of wheels & tires around for the winter....

I was thinking you were just doing the pockets...punish < me lol. Don't you think the curves of the rim will get lost since its all one color imo...

you do know there is Clear Powdercoat???
What is Clear Powder Coating?
Clear powder coating serves the same purpose as clear coat wet paint. It protects the underlying finish and adds depth and luster to the surface. Clear powder coat is applied as a second coat and shot while the piece is still hot. Then the piece is returned to the oven for a second curing process. Use clear powder coating on any piece that exposure to elements could cause it to fade or be subject to damage.

This will basically help keep off any damage and its way more durable than paint clear...Does that change your decision lol....
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 11:57 am

haha...thanks for the info on the clear coat....It didn't really change my opinion though b/c i was always kinda set on having all black rims Smile
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 12:02 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
haha...thanks for the info on the clear coat....It didn't really change my opinion though b/c i was always kinda set on having all black rims Smile

either way it will look bad ass!!!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 12:18 pm

Matte or satin black. It would match your car very well. Too much shine will stand out and might look out of place IMO.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 12:21 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
xegitalian19xx wrote:

either way it will look bad ass!!!

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Matte or satin black. It would match your car very well. Too much shine will stand out and might look out of place IMO.

Thanks Guys!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 4:34 pm

You know me and chrome!!! I voted black chrome!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 6:17 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

it will look sweet,but I know you made up your mind already....

Poll - What finish? Black-Chrome-SRT8

Last edited by HemiMag24s on February 17th 2010, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 6:24 pm

Satin. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 7:37 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

it will look sweet,but I know you made up your mind already....

Poll - What finish? Black-Chrome-SRT8

Yuck...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 7:52 pm

satin for sure. matte is hard to keep clean cause it gets blotchy if you wax it.

black chrome is cool but i just don't see it looking good on white.

what about satin black face with white pockets. that would look custom and no one would have that. or white face with black pockets.

do you want me to start photoshoping for ya?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:22 pm

crude photoshops...

Poll - What finish? 15gfmrn

Poll - What finish? 211m4oj

Poll - What finish? Nvtu34
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:31 pm

I like the white with black pockets the best
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:58 pm

yeah the white with the black pockets is pretty tits. but i have a feeling they would have a hell of a time matching the stone white color with powdercoating....I know they could get spot on with paint but since i drive year round that kinda sucks ya know...
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the photoshops as well jon!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll - What finish?   Poll - What finish? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll - What finish?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next