Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WINDOW WON'T WORK

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
himfast07
6 posters
AuthorMessage
himfast07
CAMM Member
himfast07

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 6:11 am

The other day I attempted to let down my passenger window. It went down about 2 inches then stopped. I hit the buttom again, It went down another 2 inches & stopped. It did this all the way down & back up. I tried to reset it but it didn't work. Evil or Very Mad I've got the automatic up/down windows. You guys got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 6:42 am

Sorry to hear that Tony. It sounds like a loose wire, or the switch is going bad. I would think its probably the switch more than a wire though. If you pull the switch out and you have a power/ground wire tester you could test the wires.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 7:25 am

My passenger side rear window won't go down very often, and that's using either the driver's window switch or the rear door window switch...so I know the issue is probably in the door.

Did you try the switch on the passenger door with the same result?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 9:58 am

Iguanaman wrote:
My passenger side rear window won't go down very often, and that's using either the driver's window switch or the rear door window switch...so I know the issue is probably in the door.

Did you try the switch on the passenger door with the same result?

The rear regulators go out all the time. I had the same problem when I first bought my car and the dealership replaced both of the rear regulators under warranty.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 9:59 am

Tony, it sounds like your motor in the window might be going bad. IMO if it were the switch it would only do it from the drivers side switch, so try rolling it down/up from the passenger side and if it does the same thing then it might be time for a new window motor.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 10:17 am

yep window regulator...had 3 of mine go out..... they even have a UPGRADED part/regulator for them

(they must have upgraded the part for a reason)

I had this happen and they told me it was the weather stripping...then the switch...
I blew up on the guy and told him "to check the DAMN window regulator"...
he " uhhh yeah you are right ...it was the regulator and they even have a upgraded part for it!!"

this is after the first time I told them...they sprayed wd40 in my weather stripping and pretty much ALL over the inside of my back drivers side door...I was pissed!!!
Back to top Go down
himfast07
CAMM Member
himfast07

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 10:37 am

thanx guys I'm thinking the regulator. It does it on both switches. Any ideas on cost?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 11:21 am

The regulators cost under $100 I'm pretty sure. Check moparpartsamerica.com they have pretty much everything. I'm on my cell phone otherwise id check for ya.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 11:35 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
The regulators cost under $100 I'm pretty sure. Check moparpartsamerica.com they have pretty much everything. I'm on my cell phone otherwise id check for ya.

Great site, Joey. It looks like they have the center caps and lug nuts I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 12:10 pm

hmmm you may be able to have em replace them under a TBS report about them... I know I saw one on it one time or another...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 3:17 pm

Here is a link to the regulators for the front door....
http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214583&chapter=&sectionids=3,2413&groupid=10005&subgroupid=20061&componentid=62136&make=8&model=Magnum&year=2007&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 8:39 pm

Dartboy wrote:
hmmm you may be able to have em replace them under a TBS report about them... I know I saw one on it one time or another...

Ummm, yeaaaaahhhh...did you get the memo? Because we are putting new cover sheets on all the TBS reports now...

WINDOW WON'T WORK TPSreports
Back to top Go down
himfast07
CAMM Member
himfast07

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 9:02 pm

Thanx guys. I DEFINITLY have to get it before the weather breaks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WINDOW WON'T WORK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINDOW WON'T WORK   WINDOW WON'T WORK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WINDOW WON'T WORK
Page 1 of 1