Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DIY window tints...??

Go down 
+8
otter1363
Shawn1112
Mad Hatter
HiPwr
pigpen
AlterEgo
xegitalian19xx
firestartr420
12 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

DIY window tints...?? Empty
PostSubject: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 10:46 pm

so i was browsing ebay and i stumbled upon this... anyone seen this before? tried it? any input? im just curious... im still thinking of hitting up a shop.. but this might help someone out.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-2006-2007-2008-2009-Precut-All-Tint_W0QQitemZ110510704353QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19baf386e1
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 7:03 am

finding pre-cut film in my mind is the easy part & it may be decent tint that they use but who knows. In my honest opinion i'd go to someone to put it on. Applying tint is pretty much an art form getting it without bubbles. You may pay a little bit more but its worth it in the end & most likely will get a warranty through a shop too!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 2:32 pm

Umbra is pretty reasonable and really quick once you get an appointment.
Back to top Go down
pigpen
CAMM Member
pigpen

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:50 am

Yeah the ebay tint is good, but I would just bring it to someones shop.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 11:24 am

No way I'd do this myself. I have a hard enough time filling my gas tank.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 3:17 pm

Leave it to the Pros!
Maybe Umbra will do install @ Unlawful or hit me up. I set up a deal in Chicago for members.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 9:21 pm

I also have a hook up on the southside. $150.00 for all windows with a lifetime warranty.
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:02 am

^^Thats a great price! I did mine my self and they came out great but what a PIA.. I think next time i tint - I'll pay someone.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:31 am

^^ $150?? That is a steal. And I told myself I wasn't gonna tint my windows on this car. But when they are almost giving it away how could you pass it up.

And do yourself a favor.....don't try to do it yourself. There's a huge reason why tint shops are still in business despite all the DIY kits. You can DIY, but most likely it will look terrible.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 11:01 am

yeaI would just take it to a shop as well....If its that cheap film it will eventually turn purple with the sun.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 8:02 pm

I agree with everyone else. Pay the bucks and have it done right! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 11:07 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I also have a hook up on the southside. $150.00 for all windows with a lifetime warranty.

Need to get this info from you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY window tints...??   DIY window tints...?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY window tints...??
Page 1 of 1