Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What size headers should I go with???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

What size headers should I go with??? Empty
PostSubject: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2009, 2:57 pm

Hey guys i am looking into getting a set of long tube headers. I see that i have a choice of 1 3/4 or 1 7/8. I don"t plan on going with a blower or anything like that but coming from the trailblazer SS world i know you would lose power if you went with the 1 7/8 with just basic mods. Is that the situation for a 2006 charger with a 6.1?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2009, 3:19 pm

What are the sizes you are talking about? Are you talking diameter sizes of the tubes? I just dont see how you would lose power with any set of headers. The headers would be less restrictve than the stock headers so I think you would gain hp either way. Are you on a stock exhaust?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2009, 3:28 pm

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=178813&highlight=loss+headers

Check here this is a lil info..
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2009, 6:11 pm

Yes i am talking about the diameter sizes of the tubes. Which would be better to go with 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? I have stock exhaust now but i plan on doing the zoomers cat back at the time of the headers.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2009, 8:18 pm

IMO the larger the better. It will breathe better with the 1 7/8 even though its only 1/8" difference.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2010, 3:42 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
IMO the larger the better. It will breathe better with the 1 7/8 even though its only 1/8" difference.
X2........ the bigger the better! But make sure you do the exhaust also! After that a nice 85mm throttle body would coincide with all that!
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2010, 11:29 am

Thanks for the responses everybody!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2010, 11:42 am

No prob bro. We got one rule though....when you get them installed, you got to post up a video so we can hear them. drink
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2010, 11:53 am

Will do man...thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What size headers should I go with???   What size headers should I go with??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What size headers should I go with???
Page 1 of 1