Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kooks Headers

Go down 
+6
ghost
inkedup
firestartr420
HemiMag
The Black Stig
Okie6.1
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 3:35 pm

I might be getting a set of kooks long tube headers and high flow cats for my maggie. Just have to work out the shipping details will let everyone know if I do.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 4:32 pm

I remember this convo.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 5:15 pm

Yup and a set came up for sale that sounds like a good deal. If i get them I will be installing them at the shop close to my house.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 5:16 pm

Wow you're on a roll, dont stop now
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 5:44 pm

Yeah I am addicted and just when I think I'm done a deal comes up and can't say no
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 5:53 pm

you've got that modding fever!!! Ive been curious though about something here. Why are guys going with long tube headers on our cars (Maggies, Chargers, and Chally's alike) as opposed to short tube headers like the guys with Mustangs and camaro's? Is it just a personal preference? is there a performance difference between the headers and the cars, ie; Our LX's benefit better from long tube over short tube where the Mustang and Camaro benefit from short tube over long tube? Ive been a little confused to be honest.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 6:25 pm

ive looked into the kook's headers too.i might be getting them in the upcoming month or so,after the tires.now to find a deal on install..
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 6:25 pm

ive looked into the kook's headers too.i might be getting them in the upcoming month or so,after the tires.now to find a deal on install..
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 6:49 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
you've got that modding fever!!! Ive been curious though about something here. Why are guys going with long tube headers on our cars (Maggies, Chargers, and Chally's alike) as opposed to short tube headers like the guys with Mustangs and camaro's? Is it just a personal preference? is there a performance difference between the headers and the cars, ie; Our LX's benefit better from long tube over short tube where the Mustang and Camaro benefit from short tube over long tube? Ive been a little confused to be honest.

I don't know where you got your info but most people pick long tubes, Mostly because of the Trq Benefit sound and then the HP. Longtubes will make more over all power than most any shorttube header. And in any case the 99-2002 & 2010-2011 Camaro's pretty much have factory shorttube headers, and they flow pretty damn good too.. Hell even the SC Cobalts/ions are useing them and gaing fucking 20 soild horse power double that if the exhaust side of the head is ported.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:33 pm

i've got the kooks on my car, you are going to love them! nothing better imo
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2010, 8:10 pm

Well just sealed the deal on the headers and hi flow cats. Should be here next week so soon after that I will be installing them in the shop by my house. Anyone up for the challange to help me out?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2010, 8:27 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Well just sealed the deal on the headers and hi flow cats. Should be here next week so soon after that I will be installing them in the shop by my house. Anyone up for the challange to help me out?
Good luck bro, if its anything like a Charger you might as well pull the heads. Will make life 1000 times easier.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2010, 8:31 pm

firestartr420 wrote:

From what I have gathered over the last couple of years, on a LX. Shorties are better for a slightly modded car, with your biggest mod being a cam. Your gain is mostly on the low end. Long tubes are for more heavily modded cars, cam and headers, stroker etc, and you will see you gains on the high end. I personally have shorties, because I did a cam, and I love them. Another problem I have read about if you go with long tubes on a LX and you want to lower your car, they will scrape.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2010, 8:51 pm

I will be using a lift in the shop and they have every tool you could possibly need to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2010, 6:28 am

Okie5.7 wrote:
I will be using a lift in the shop and they have every tool you could possibly need to get the job done.
Like I said good luck, what kind of gaskets are you going to use. You probably want to use oem gaskets, the gaskets that usually come with aftermarket headers are shit!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2010, 7:11 am

If I were you Nick, I would spend the extra dough and have them installed at a shop. You don't want them to leak at the gaskets down the road. Of course I know your very capeable, just saying. #1 problem with headers is exhaust leak at the gaskets.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2010, 8:57 am

kooks come with the shitty felt gaskets, do like shawn said, buy some oem ones. also like tom said, if u dont tighten the shit outta those bolts you are going to have leaks. it will prolly be the top row too cause they are a bitch to get at from below. purchase some stage 8 header bolts to help prevent this, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2010, 9:10 am

I will be using the oem gaskets and stage 8 bolts.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2010, 4:25 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Okie5.7 wrote:
Like I said good luck, what kind of gaskets are you going to use. You probably want to use oem gaskets, the gaskets that usually come with aftermarket headers are shit!

The oem ones are copper right?
Back to top Go down
tigerray24
CAMM Rookie

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 9:08 pm

HEY BOSS

BEFORE you install your new headers , you may want to think about ceramic coating them . i do not know the cost of your headers , you can keep them clean ,gain about 10% more H.P. and reduce the under the hood temp by about 100 d . this i know for a FACT ! you can do 3 colors , white , black or a chrome look .
if you like you can give me a call and i can give you more info .

thanks tiger ray vanilla gorilla coating systems 1-630-668-3045
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 3:43 pm

Came home today and my headers and cats are here now to gather need install items and get them on.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 4:13 pm

Woo!
Back to top Go down
tigerray24
CAMM Rookie

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 5:12 pm

GOOD DEAL

WELL IF YOU WANT THE CERAMIC DONE , JUST LET ME KNOW .

THANKS TIGER RAY
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 5:17 pm

Are you pulling heads? That way you can get a wrench on to tighten down to spec.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 5:19 pm

Wasn't planning on it but can do that if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kooks Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks Headers   Kooks Headers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kooks Headers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to: