Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazed by a catch can

Go down 
+16
HiPwr
Moparcharger07
irishrt5.7
ChiTownHemi
cobretti
cliff
Mad Hatter
Shawn1112
jontoad
movieking117
chargerchick
DCSpecial
jesse031081
Iguanaman
eviltrycycle
crazy933
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 2:20 pm

Good reminder I need to empty my can. Hump
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 3:57 pm

cobretti wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
What amazes people about them besides the fact that there's oil in it? Bona fide performance gains, mileage gains, other quantifiable gains from this?

None whatsoever! If they were necessary Chrysler would have put them there. IMO Just another way to get your money. If the oil doesn't foul the plug whats the difference? $100!

Its funny that you say this... there are a lot of things that car manufacturers dont put on cars that down the road they find out oh i guess i should have done that.

We add the catch can to help insure the longevity of the motor...it will not create more horsepower or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 8:08 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
cobretti wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
What amazes people about them besides the fact that there's oil in it? Bona fide performance gains, mileage gains, other quantifiable gains from this?

None whatsoever! If they were necessary Chrysler would have put them there. IMO Just another way to get your money. If the oil doesn't foul the plug whats the difference? $100!

Its funny that you say this... there are a lot of things that car manufacturers dont put on cars that down the road they find out oh i guess i should have done that.

We add the catch can to help insure the longevity of the motor...it will not create more horsepower or anything like that.

To insure the longevity of the motor? That's funny stuff right there! Just change your oil, you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 8:29 pm

This coming from some one that didnt understand why he wasnt getting lower temps in his motor by changing his thermostat...lol now that is funny shit...
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 8:31 pm

I think I'll keep my catch can and also change my oil so thanks! I'll also empty the nasty shit in my catch can that would normally go back into my engine if I didn't have it
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 11:06 pm

I think of it as more of an "insurance" to ensure cleaner internals....Of the manifold and intake runners, stuff like that...

I mean, here's a pic of mine as well, this was after like 3 weeks of regular driving, I know I wouldn't want this going back through my intake manifold and gumming stuff up
Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 Image001-1

It might not make power, BUT this oil isn't designed to go back into the motor, oil vapors WILL make their way throught the PCV even though it not supposed to, and all this will snake it's way back into the motor. Also this is where the Catch Can prevents that little puff of smoke upon start-up as well......
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 9:28 pm

Found this the other day, kinda interesting.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=253099&postcount=128
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 9:46 pm

cobretti wrote:
Found this the other day, kinda interesting.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=253099&postcount=128

Yeah.. It's interesting that they recommend "going with your gut". Based on how much oil I see these things collecting, my gut tells me I don't want all that crap coating my air intake and manifold. It certainly doesn't hurt anything and it's a relatively inexpensive mod.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 9:50 pm

im with you bill

Last edited by jesse031081 on March 15th 2010, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 9:52 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
This coming from some one that didnt understand why he wasnt getting lower temps in his motor by changing his thermostat...lol now that is funny shit...

No offense bro, I gotta play the devils advocate on some of these topics. After all I got -16 rep!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 10:37 pm

cobretti wrote:
irishrt5.7 wrote:

No offense bro, I gotta play the devils advocate on some of these topics. After all I got -16 rep!

I suspect you got -16 rep BECAUSE you're "playing Devil's Advocate." Neutral

If you like the idea of a catch can, put one in.
If you don't like the idea, DON'T PUT ONE IN!
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 11:54 pm

You're probably right, I'll quit, if someone gets me out of the hole.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 12:40 am

cobretti wrote:
You're probably right, I'll quit, if someone gets me out of the hole.

Cool, you're out of the hole. Hit the reset button.
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 7:37 pm

Thanks bro, back in the positive. I now think catch cans are a really great idea!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 7:57 pm

cobretti wrote:
Thanks bro, back in the positive. I now think catch cans are a really great idea!

Damn, how did I miss this one? I have a catch can & I see the value in it. But John, you are entitled to your view & I hope you feel free to express it.

To whomever red-repped you: Is the group-think mentality what you really want here? I looked at his posts and there was nothing disrespectful in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 8:21 pm

HiPwr wrote:
cobretti wrote:

Damn, how did I miss this one? I have a catch can & I see the value in it. But John, you are entitled to your view & I hope you feel free to express it.

To whomever red-repped you: Is the group-think mentality what you really want here? I looked at his posts and there was nothing disrespectful in my opinion.

Thanks Indian dude, I'm just havin' some fun. I like to keep it lively once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 8:24 pm

cobretti wrote:
Thanks Indian dude, I'm just havin' some fun. I like to keep it lively once in awhile.

No problem, skull dude with really long teeth and no jaw bone. Just keeping it real. Cool
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 8:52 pm

cobretti wrote:
HiPwr wrote:
cobretti wrote:

Your catching on bro, the majority of us like to keep it lively. Except that prick Indian Dude he is the biggest dick on here!!!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 9:26 pm

HiPwr wrote:
cobretti wrote:

Oh Eric! Stop trying to suck up already! Geesh! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 9:43 pm

I agree with you Eric. I can't see why he was red repped. Sad
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 9:44 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
cobretti wrote:
HiPwr wrote:
cobretti wrote:

Your catching on bro, the majority of us like to keep it lively. Except that prick Indian Dude he is the biggest dick on here!!!

I just threw up in my mouth a little...I misread Shawn's post and replaced "he is" with "has"

What a Face
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 11:17 pm

Well I stand corrected. I was just helping someone out on lxf and found some interesting stuff on cfz. Apparently SOME of the v6 guys are having problems with their plenums getting gunked up and causing their cars to A, not run ar B, throw codes. I stand corrected, catch cans DO serve a purpose. Whoever thinks they're worthless are IDIOTS! LOL

http://www.naziforums.com/showthread.php?t=73223
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 11:19 pm

http://www.naziforums.com/showthread.php?t=73223 SORRY!
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 11:20 pm

Charger forumz! NOT naziforums! This thing is all messed up.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 11:45 pm

cobretti wrote:
Charger forumz! NOT naziforums! This thing is all messed up.

Hehehe...must be a computer glitch. Very Happy

(not to worry...we know what forum yer talkin' about)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazed by a catch can   Amazed by a catch can - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazed by a catch can
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: