Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Dyno?

Go down 
+9
Bob_Kurgan
HemiMag
eviltrycycle
Geteurdone
Headtripp
Admin
Dman70
irishrt5.7
Illinois Chaos
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:29 am

I'm glad you came on board, Bob.. Rock On

What experience do you have with tuning modified 5.7 or 6.1 motors?
How about tuning a modified 6.1L to a 5.7L pcm?

I'm embarrassed to say how much $$$ I've spent in local CMR tuning over the past couple years and I never felt it totally satisfied.. Blush
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 3:00 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Great news but unfortunatley We can never go to him if he coutinues to use that FORD fender cover wtf haha

Oh yeah, I know, Vic. When I got back home I disinfected my fender. Then I took it to the local priest to have an exorcism performed on it. JK Bob!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 3:03 pm

lol... shit i have a hemi one that i will bring w/ when i go to get tuned...lol
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 3:36 pm

Nice #'s, I agree the ford cover has to go.
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 3:40 pm

ok..

i dont have an awd dyno.. its just a standard dynojet 224x with some goodies.. my background is ford mustangs and I have been racing competitively since 1998.. my best ET to date is 7.88 @ 176 on drag radials.. I am still learning what these hemi motors like and dont like. I typically dyno about 10-12cars a week, maybe 1 of them is a dodge (sorry guys LOL)..
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 3:41 pm

elcobra44 wrote:

I'm embarrassed to say how much $$$ I've spent in local CMR tuning over the past couple years and I never felt it totally satisfied.. Blush

not a ton.. ive done a few cammed cars and a few supercharged cars.

Who were you using locally?
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 3:42 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:

i charge extra if we use a hemi fender cover Smile
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 4:29 pm

lol...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 5:15 pm

Bob_Kurgan wrote:
elcobra44 wrote:

Simpson Performance.. A few of us have been tuned by Corey. Previously (and on an old motor and set up) I was tuned by Modern Muscle. In both cases, my partial throttle pretty shitty. Power output isn't where it should be with the current set up either.

Oh, and my cats are melting. No

Currently, I have a modified 6.1L in my Charger R/T. I'm using the 5.7L PCM.. My base tune was written by Johan @ Diablosport and tweaked and adjusted by Corey Simpson. I just always felt like it wasn't quite as good as it could be.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 5:17 pm

Bob_Kurgan wrote:
I typically dyno about 10-12cars a week, maybe 1 of them is a dodge (sorry guys LOL)..
Maybe we can change that.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 5:18 pm

With all the shit you can do Matt, I'm very surprised tuning isnt one of them!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 5:21 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Yeah, if I could afford the $2500 CMR software I'd learn how to break my own shit. lol!
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 5:32 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Bob_Kurgan wrote:
elcobra44 wrote:

Simpson Performance.. A few of us have been tuned by Corey. Previously (and on an old motor and set up) I was tuned by Modern Muscle. In both cases, my partial throttle pretty shitty. Power output isn't where it should be with the current set up either.

Oh, and my cats are melting. No

Currently, I have a modified 6.1L in my Charger R/T. I'm using the 5.7L PCM.. My base tune was written by Johan @ Diablosport and tweaked and adjusted by Corey Simpson. I just always felt like it wasn't quite as good as it could be.

all i can say PROFESSIONALLY is that I'm sorry... If you email me personally, i have alot more to say Smile
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 7:05 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
Yeah, if I could afford the $2500 CMR software I'd learn how to break my own shit. lol!

I wish i knew you were looking i could have sworn someone was selling the software for like 900 to 1000 but i dont remember where...
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 8:35 pm

BTW guys, i am a JLT dealer and have their cold air kit in stock for the 2005-2009 hemi..

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=56&products_id=210

let me know if i can help!

thanks bob
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:21 pm

Bob_Kurgan wrote:
BTW guys, i am a JLT dealer and have their cold air kit in stock for the 2005-2009 hemi..

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=56&products_id=210

thanks bob
How about you give me one for free, and I will tell you what I think about it!!
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:25 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Bob_Kurgan wrote:

thanks bob

hmmmm let me think about it!!

tick tock..

um, no Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:27 pm

It was worth a try, I sent you a pm, check your messages.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:29 pm

LMFAO! Reps to you Shawn! Hey, if you dont ask you'll never know, right?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:36 pm

Bob_Kurgan wrote:
irishrt5.7 wrote:

i charge extra if we use a hemi fender cover Smile

Bob_Kurgan wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
Bob_Kurgan wrote:

thanks bob

hmmmm let me think about it!!

tick tock..

um, no Smile

LOL! Bob you crack me up! Love your sense of humor! Welcome again! Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:42 pm

Guys, I just wanted to tell ya'll that my previous best time 0-60 was a 4:91w/ 93 cai tune. after Bob tuned me I've made 4 runs on his tune (insert drum roll here) In chrono. order 4:90-4:90-4:71-4:73. Stock best run b4 predator was 5:66. I am still learning the car so you have to figure that factor in too. I know it will do better. These runs were all on the stock run flats and traction cont. on in drive. I am Really noticing a difference in the power curve after Bob's excellent care and expertise in tuning my car. It runs really strong and builds power evenly throughout the rpm range.
It's a shame I can't give you guys any 1/4 mi #'s yet because it is just starting to fly @60 mph. Stay tuned, I'll get some in soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:50 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Guys, I just wanted to tell ya'll that my previous best time 0-60 was a 4:91w/ 93 cai tune. after Bob tuned me I've made 4 runs on his tune (insert drum roll here) In chrono. order 4:90-4:90-4:71-4:73. Stock best run b4 predator was 5:66. I am still learning the car so you have to figure that factor in too. I know it will do better. These runs were all on the stock run flats and traction cont. on in drive. I am Really noticing a difference in the power curve after Bob's excellent care and expertise in tuning my car. It runs really strong and builds power evenly throughout the rpm range.
It's a shame I can't give you guys any 1/4 mi #'s yet because it is just starting to fly @60 mph. Stay tuned, I'll get some in soon enough.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/at-the-track-f6/great-lakes-dragway-september-22nd-t544.htm
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:52 pm

Bring that bad boy out to the track!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:15 pm

Just answered the link to the GL Dragaway Matt pasted Shawn. Can you run at the track under Warranty hmmm. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:27 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Just answered the link to the GL Dragaway Matt pasted Shawn. Can you run at the track under Warranty hmmm. Twisted Evil
Nope. They take your VIN and void your vehicle warranty on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got Dyno? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Dyno?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next