Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a little update on my life

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Just a little update on my life Empty
PostSubject: Just a little update on my life   Just a little update on my life I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2016, 7:39 pm

I really havent been very active as of late, not that anyone has noticed as much of this forum has went to FB.
My boss of 15 years unexpectedly passed away, and I have worked pretty much side by side with him the last 12 years as the operations/project manager. He owned the company and was our only salesman, so he pretty much sold a job, then handed it to me and I was responsible for getting it in production usually dealing with multiple vendors. Seeing it thru production, scheduling the delivery and installation with our customer, and following up with the customer thru the installation and punch list. I do a lot more than that but the rest is a little shit. So now with him gone, his family pretty much handed the reigns to me and wish to keep the company going. So I have been doing my job and about 80% of his job since he passed away. I have had to figure out on the fly how to do payroll, billing, receiving invoices amongst other shit. Driving from one side of the state to the other trying to bid out jobs, physically working out in the field doing installs and deliveries. Up at 4:30am for work, and I'm usually working till about 7-8pm. This job is kicking my fucking ass, but like everything I do, I'm going to give it 110%. I get paid very well, if the company folds I will have to take probably north of $15hr pay cut starting somewhere new. That would mean some HUGE changes in our lives. Pretty confident we are going to be able to keep 95% of our customers, but I need a salesman. I cant do sales to save my fucking life, its just not in me. I can bid out installation jobs and move jobs, but as far as selling someone $50k worth of used office furniture, not a fucking clue! My bosses son is taking a leave of absence from his job in Arizona and is going to try and tackle the sales part of the business. So we will see what happens!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Just a little update on my life   Just a little update on my life I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2016, 9:35 pm

I hope it all works out dude, that is a bunch of stress to throw at you at one time.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Just a little update on my life   Just a little update on my life I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2016, 1:47 am

Damn bro sorry to hear about your boss. Like crystal said, a lot of stress tossed on you. Good luck and hope everything works out.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Just a little update on my life   Just a little update on my life I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2016, 10:57 am

Damn,Bro! If I could offer a solution to payroll headaches, get the company on quick books online, or some similar service. All you have to do is remember to authorize payroll every week. It e-mails you reminders. Everything including paying the employee taxes and form filings is handled by QBO. If I can help you get started on it, just let me know.

I keep my own books for my business and I was the book keeper for an FM radio station for years. You can figure it out. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just a little update on my life   Just a little update on my life I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2016, 11:02 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Damn,Bro! If I could offer a solution to payroll headaches, get the company on quick books online, or some similar service. All you have to do is remember to authorize payroll every week. It e-mails you reminders. Everything including paying the employee taxes and form filings is handled by QBO. If I can help you get started on it, just let me know.

I keep my own books for my business and I was the book keeper for an FM radio station for years. You can figure it out. Good luck.
Thanks guys.
Tom we use QB for most of our shit with the exception of payroll.
Estimates, billing, credit cards, etc.
We have a payroll company, but I had to figure out how to enter everyone's hours and submit it, amongst other little shit with payroll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a little update on my life   Just a little update on my life I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a little update on my life
Page 1 of 1