Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?

Go down 
+2
HemiMag
DA H.N.I.C.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 4:00 pm

I need to send my rims out of town for a rebuild and I already have new tires. It seems to be unnecessarily expensive to ship the wheels with the tires still on so I'm looking for a place that'll just remove the tires for me without charging.

Is that unrealistic?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 4:06 pm

hmmmmmmm at no charge....Gonna be hard but just call a bunch of tire shops and ask
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 4:25 pm

I can get uhm off, but it won't be pretty...
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 4:39 pm

send jontoad a pm, maybe he has a source...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 6:27 pm

22's or 24's are not easy to work on for most people. most shops don't even have the tools to work on them. the reason they will charge you money is because working on them is a risk and it takes time. I'm sure your rims are reverse mount, my advise is to take them to the shop you plan to pay to mount your tires and explain what you are trying to do. they should do it for free in expectations to get the money back on the back side when you return to have them mounted. i think i could make a deal like that happen (ill have to ask my boss), but only if you return to us to have them mounted. otherwise my boss would not let me do it for free. my shop is in naperville.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 6:36 pm

If Jontoad's boss won't let him work that deal, let me know.....

Last edited by Moparcharger06 on September 2nd 2009, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 6:39 pm

i think your a lot closer to him.

i would totally do it for free for him but its not MY shop, not yet anyways... lol. 24's are kinda hard to sneak in without having to explain to my boss why I'm taking company time to do free side jobs. lol.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 7:58 pm

yea Jontoad you aint kidding some shops see my 24's and they tell me they don't even have a machine that wont scratch them.....
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 8:39 pm

Jontod, that sounds like a good idea to me!!
I guess my next question should have been who can mount 'em for me! CMJ did them first, but we all know what happened to CMJ.

I'd definitely come back to your shop to have the INVO's mounted Jon. Ask your boss if he's cool with pulling them off.
And I do want to keep them so it's not a "do whatever it takes" kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?   Where can I get my TIRES removed for free? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can I get my TIRES removed for free?
Page 1 of 1