Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions needed quickly

Go down 
+6
HiPwr
GSB06SRT
Razor
chaynick
jamesv82
Shawn1112
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Opinions needed quickly Empty
PostSubject: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 6:39 pm

So I'm going to drop my Jeep off at Extreme Graphics as early as tomorrow night if I make up my damn mind. I value everyones opinion on Camm, thats why I'm asking, ultimately I will make final decision. So opininionate (not sure if thats a word) away and dont be shy. I'm dropping my Jeep off to have the roof done in black vinyl, my buddy Jeremy sent me below pic of what some other guy did to his hood and he also has his roof done. I'm on the fence about the hood, I like it in the pic, but its not a great pic. I'm the type that will pay them to do it and then rip it off a month later if it doesnt grow on me. Kind of wish I could find more angles of the hood. Other issue is do I want to go with a gloss black, satin black, or a flat black. Now mind you my grill, part of front and rear bumpers are gloss black from the factory. So if I go flat or satin will it clash with the gloss black. Also I have to take my rims into consideration, I'm going with a all black rim when I buy them, so I will also have to choose the same with my rims.

Opinions needed quickly Screenshot_2014-12-06-22-58-341_zps3568ea32
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 6:48 pm

So basically if you look at these stock hoods and follow the body line in the scoops and thru the middle of the hood, is the part I would do in black

Opinions needed quickly Jeephood_zps39b4a7e6

Opinions needed quickly 2012-2013-2014-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT-8-HOOD-OEM-for-sale_221611476000_zpsa0f64c92
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 6:58 pm

If it has gloss black already I would match that as close as possible, cause like you said if it doesn't look good you will pull it off. And you know how you are if its a little off you aren't going to like it.

How would the hood look if you just had the 2 scoops done with the center still white?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 7:03 pm

Just did a quick shitty paint thing, sorry dont have photoshop, grill rings that are chrome will be black as well

Opinions needed quickly Jeephoodpainted_zps3459336e

Last edited by Shawn1112 on December 17th 2014, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 7:04 pm

jamesv82 wrote:
If it has gloss black already I would match that as close as possible, cause like you said if it doesn't look good you will pull it off.  And you know how you are if its a little off you aren't going to like it.

How would the hood look if you just had the 2 scoops done with the center still white?

Just doing the 2 scoops looks kind of shitty, couple people have done it and its not an option for me.
Back to top Go down
chaynick
CAMM Member
chaynick

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 8:38 pm

Snow White should stay white. My .02
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 11:54 pm

Shawn I like the idea if you are doing the roof anyway and the grill is going to be blacked out. I say do it and go with glossy black to match factory on the bumpers.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 11:58 pm

Hmmm, interesting..

Opinions needed quickly Jeep_h11
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 12:02 am

There's this one too eh

Opinions needed quickly Jeep_h12
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 6:40 am

chaynick wrote:
Snow White should stay white. My .02

I agree. And opinionate is not a word. Opine would have worked. Finger
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 7:15 am

Found another pic, and I think I'm going to pass after seeing this. Will be doing the roof still

Opinions needed quickly Jeephood1_zps93d27eb3
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 7:15 am

GSB06SRT wrote:
There's this one too eh

lmfao
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 9:10 am

I like just the roof in black and leaving the hood alone. The lines on the front of the Jeep are nice looking.

Can't wait to see it in person, tell Steve hey for me.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 2:57 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
GSB06SRT wrote:
There's this one too eh

lmfao

Lmfao, its true but not by much
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 4:10 pm

Dropped it off today, having roof and all chrome window trim done in gloss black vinyl. Also having the SRT on hitch cover done in white. Just got my X Mas bonus from work yesterday and this is costing me a third of my bonus. I will find a way to spend other 2/3rd, lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 5:45 pm

what about gloss black on the mirrors? i agree on not doing the hood.

did you already take the "Jeep" off the front of yours like in that picture you posted?

Opinions needed quickly 15xkg0y
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 6:05 pm

Good move Shawn. I also like Jon's idea about the mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 6:43 pm

I kind of like my mirrors body color. If they were chrome I would have done them in black like I did my 300. Haven de badged anything yet Jon. Might do in this weekend or next Friday on my day off. But chrome jeep on hood, chrome Grand Cherokee is coming off the doors. Also I ordered a black jeep badge and black SRT emblem to replace the chrome ones on tailgate, and I ordered black grill rings to replace chrome ones. Ordered those 3 things from dealer. Grill rings are on back order for 4-6 weeks since they just came out on the 15's vapor edition
Back to top Go down
blackhemi
CAMM Pro
blackhemi

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 11:52 pm

Is yours an Alpine edition? And for the roof, how far back you going with vinyl? Top of spoiler, before tailgate.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2014, 6:11 am

Not an Alpine, those were only 2013 models. Going all the way to spoiler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed quickly   Opinions needed quickly I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed quickly
Page 1 of 1